We need a corner railing

timmodude

When I need to do this I use plates to hold the railings up, hopefully this pic helps, it doesn't always work depending on your build.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26008[/ATTACH]

Yeah, I think we all know how to work around it, it still looks tacky. That and you did it backwards :p Post goes inside, rails go actually out a block, which looks better but has less structural integrity.

It can also be problematic in some spots if you don't plan well (especially with concrete; measure twice, pour once!)

Actually didn't we used to have a corner railing shape at one time or am I thinking of a different game?

When I need to do this I use plates to hold the railings up, hopefully this pic helps, it doesn't always work depending on your build.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26008[/ATTACH]

That is one solution I had forgotten about. It does look better, though it still looks kinda bad.

A17.0_2018-12-04_12-56-57.thumb.jpg.4aac8a79594260042bb7e34a2a8d3f66.jpg

I've taken a new pic, ignore the paint it's just to distinguish blocks. Personally I use the pole on the outside like on my first pic just because it fills the corner gap as well as allowing you to place blocks in the corner. It's not the best but works for now I guess :p

corner2.jpg.9427bccfa8168784672a8e478cbd9f39.jpg

For now you can put Riveted sheet metal on the outside and balance a rail on top of that.

Paint the sheet metal to match and no one's the wiser.

However, to the OP:

Please suggest this again once TFP have tackled the majority of the bugs and balancing issues.

In A16 players asked for a few blocks and we got them but it wasn't till A16.3 I think.

Things seemed to settle down and the finicky stuff got added.

Turns out MM seems to like making these things so.... worth a shot right?

Please suggest this again once TFP have tackled the majority of the bugs and balancing issues.

In A16 players asked for a few blocks and we got them but it wasn't till A16.3 I think.

Things seemed to settle down and the finicky stuff got added.

Turns out MM seems to like making these things so.... worth a shot right?

Remind me to suggest adding traffic lights and PC-monitors with keyboards and mice, when the time is right!

Seriously. They added so much cool stuff. Even water coolers. Friggin water coolers. The ultimate office scenery item! Yet none of my offices can have a proper computer in them :[ (Yeah, I know there are some tricks with blocks and paint, but it's not the same..)

Add wood plates to the outer layer of the floor, and use wood poles to fill in the tiny gap and provide support. Mount the railings on the plates, and you can claim the real estate normally used up by the rails.

or just ask TFP to actually give us a matching corner railing block........

Archived