Do we have an ETA on RWG getting fixed?

jdifran

Kinyajuu said he knows RWG is borked and plans on fixing it, but he wasn't clear about whether that will happen for A17.0 stable or later than that?

While B208 still has plenty of bugs, I'm really enjoying it. It was a significant improvement over the first experimental release, and I'm looking forward to the next updates. I normally only play RWG, but it's so bizarre right now that I'm thinking I'm going to start a new game in Navezgane and play that until RWG is fixed. (I've never actually played Navezgane, so it will be as new to me as a new RWG game.)

Can we get an estimate on when RWG will see some love?

Thanks,

That would be nice, my best guess is that it may be a patch to A 17 (so A 17.x). However, I'm not sure how big of an undertaking fixing it would be.

Also, Navezgane is really nice in this version, I highly recommend it. I've played Navezgane in older versions, and I think for a little bit in A 16, and it is way different. It's a lot bigger, there's new stuff, the terrain looks great, and the POI have been overhauled. It's a lot more interesting than previous iterations IMO.

I haven't played random gen in A 17, but generated a couple maps, and it looks kind of dull in this version. At least that's the impression I got with the previewer.

Is the size broken? The company that I'm renting a server from says "Setting the world size higher can be very memory intensive. I wouldn't recommend more then 6144" and one of the major reasons we want to play 7d2d is to play on a RWG world (and not a tiny one.) Is it time for me to get another hosting company or are the issues still in the alpha 17 experimental build?

Is the size broken? The company that I'm renting a server from says "Setting the world size higher can be very memory intensive. I wouldn't recommend more then 6144" and one of the major reasons we want to play 7d2d is to play on a RWG world (and not a tiny one.) Is it time for me to get another hosting company or are the issues still in the alpha 17 experimental build?

I haven't seen any noticeable difference in RAM use between 16k, 12k, 8k, or Navezgane.

Archived