Pathing, walls and doors.

Kage848

How excatly does pathing work with regards to Walls and doors?

Does cobble break down to flagstone still? Do zombies recognize thick walls? Would 3 cobblestone walls be seen by a zombie as 1500hps or 4500hps?

What if u had 5 doors in a row separated by a couple of blocks. Would they see all 5 doors hps, or just the first?

Thanks for any info given.

I surrounded a 3x3 pillar with iron spikes and it just messed up the Z's.

They started puching everything in the area except the pillar I was standing on.

I had that happen to me too. Got chased off my horde base and ran to a big rock. Stayed on top it it rest of horde night watching zombies get confused and punch trees lol.

Not one spikeblock... about 7-8 but still... it was 8 blocks of upgraded cobblestone that they had to destroy... bear in mind, they didnt even see the spikes and had a "free walk" to where I was.

They might be allergic to iron and wood... so they smelled where those spikes/barbed wire was :D

Kage, Cobblestone blocks just break, no downgrade path back to Flagstone.

*** Check out the -new-, Wood Bars !! Cheap to make, 300hps, -but!- Up-frickin-gradeable to Iron Bars=Awesome :D

Big 'hidden' advantage to them is that you won't need to horde 1000's of iron in your forge in anticipation of making Iron bars. Just go ahead and craft bunches of Forged Iron to upgrade both the Wood Bars & Wood Spikes to their Iron big brothers.

Oh, and stay away from Scrap Iron or upgrading Wood to iron Reinforced blocks; it's a suckers bet now with current balance.

Edit: LuckyStar correctly pointed out that Scrap/ReinforcedWood have better SI

-- very roughly time spent regular mining & digging-clay vs. mining for iron will give materials for 10x the number of Cobblestone blocks vs. fully upgraded reinforced ScrapIron blocks. More details here if interested: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Discussions-Alpha-17&p=892046&viewfull=1#post892046

As always, lovin the vids, cheers! :)

Oh, and stay away from Scrap Iron or upgrading Wood to iron Reinforced blocks; it's a suckers bet now with current balance.

Reinforced Wood is still worth it for early support beams.

They have really good SI [300] for the material costs.

Other than that... meh.

Can't block them, you have to path them. If I'm understanding it, it's open path,door and then wall. If you dig a tunnel to box yourself in they will wreck it. If you have a door they will path to ignoring the walls. If you have an open path they will go thru it first.use the walls to guide not block.

Archived