Guppycur's Modlets

Guppycur

Guppy Poll  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use my mods?

DMT Clock Mod

Released.  Works for 18.4

Two cuckoo clocks, one digital clock, one wall clock - includes recipes and can be picked up.

One item modifier; goes into a helmet slot.  Would work good for a mod where you don't have a clock on the UI.

To install:  Copy to the Mods folder in DMT.  Build.

I've zero interest in tech supporting "how to install a dmt mod".

Sphereii did the c# code for the blocks, Adreden did the c# code for the item modifier, I did the unity side stuff. 

Want to use it in your mod?  Credit the three of us.  😃

...oh, and the wall clock has that little red light bulb that lights up from 10pm to 4am.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, I don't update during experimental.  I've tried a few of the mods, most work, so your mileage may vary until it's out of experimental.  I'm also working on a new Medieval Mod (sort of a prequel to the first I guess?), which will and is consuming the vast majority of my time.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm actually working on a giant mod overhaul (Medieval II) at the moment, and it's my understanding a20 will have a much shorter development time, AND it's my work season, so I don't think I'll be updating anything to a19?  Most of the mods *should* work, but if there's something someone just "has to have" and it doesn't work in a19, let me know and I'll throw it in the mix. 😃

Guppy whyyy??? (Yeah I'm whining, lol) Where is my beautiful Victorian furnitures and doors? I'm jonesing so bad for them. 

Not like you have a life outside modding or anything :P

But seriously, I'm missing your beautiful work so badly. I do have the old A-18 mods I had installed, but so far I can't find the recipes or even the items in creative. Is there something I can do to reactivate or find them? 

I know time is always of the essence, but just wanted you to know I'm delirious and pining for my beautiful houses from A-18 cause I don't have my Guppycur Victorian and Door mods. Appreciate you man, big time! 🥰

15 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Those should all work, weird.

I pulled a few for use in the medieval mod I'm working on, and they worked right out of the box. Could you post your log?

I'd be happy to, this is going to sound so dumb though. Which log, my load order, or what mods I have?

I checked again last night and nada, I can't find them anywhere unless you changed the prefix at some point. I used to just search for "guppy..." I also tried looking for "Victorian..."

Thank you so much for responding. It's crazy, but I'm a bit depressed I can't decorate using your mods. But wait! In trying to find this post, I saw where I originally had trouble in A-18 too finding the icons and what not. Stallion and someone else told me how to fix it. Let me go review that response again. That might be the problem. It just occurred to me. I'll report back.

12 minutes ago, Netwit2008 said:

I'd be happy to, this is going to sound so dumb though. Which log, my load order, or what mods I have?

I checked again last night and nada, I can't find them anywhere unless you changed the prefix at some point. I used to just search for "guppy..." I also tried looking for "Victorian..."

Thank you so much for responding. It's crazy, but I'm a bit depressed I can't decorate using your mods. But wait! In trying to find this post, I saw where I originally had trouble in A-18 too finding the icons and what not. Stallion and someone else told me how to fix it. Let me go review that response again. That might be the problem. It just occurred to me. I'll report back.

Your output.log or players.log 

On 9/25/2020 at 6:28 AM, stallionsden said:

Your output.log or players.log 

As always thank you Stallion! You guys are so awesome!

I'm happy to report that all is well in my 7 Days world again! I figured out the problem by studying the file folder structure. I did have to go in and delete the one items file as before, but there was another problem. The extraction from the .zip created a file folder which was the full name of the mod. Inside that folder was another one with the shortened name of the mod. By taking that folder out of the main one, then deleting the longer named folder, everything worked as it should.

I've already gotten started remodeling with my Guppy items again! The flowers you added Guppy are just beautiful.

Thank you both so much for not only your great work, but your quick responses when we need help and doing everything possible to get things up and running. 

I'm so happy! Now where dem cuckoo clocks at, lol! 😄

P.S.- if you know a good .xml file tutorial, would you mind pointing me to it? Guppy's curtains are great. I'd love to have even more and some carpet/flooring options, since Alfandia's mods are no longer with us. No time like the present to maybe try to do a mod myself.

On 9/30/2020 at 7:21 PM, Guppycur said:

The clock is a dmt mod, is that something you're comfortable with?  It's on the same gitlab account.  Or should be.  Worst case, if you don't load it using dmt, it should just work as a non functional clock, but I've never tried. 

No, I never researched it enough to be able to use it. But I might try. It reminded me of the script extender in the Elder Scrolls games. I don't mind if the clocks don't actually work 😋 I thought they were cute. More good work from you sir!

• 3 weeks later...

The sandstorms are a block in that modlet, I can't remember if I used a sandstorm entity in that one or not. If so, then yeah you would just add it to the biome entity group.

... There's a mod coming out soon that will likely have what you're looking for. 🙂 Not for me though.

Hi Guppycur

Can the radiation mod be changed the intensity of the effect on the screen?
I suppose it would be in intensity =, or in fade =, or I'm wrong.
I have adapted it for the wasteland and pieces of destroyed wood, only the effect is too much and nothing is seen, so I want to reduce it a bit.
Regards

9 hours ago, Guppycur said:

The sandstorms are a block in that modlet, I can't remember if I used a sandstorm entity in that one or not. If so, then yeah you would just add it to the biome entity group.

... There's a mod coming out soon that will likely have what you're looking for. 🙂 Not for me though.

Thanks for your reply, ok I just try things then :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 3:07 PM, xyth said:

I think he's talking about the snowtornado in WinterWeen.  Its based on Guppys sandstorm

Well he was looking for different biome ambiances and I could think of nothing with more ambience than winterween.  🙂

On 11/13/2020 at 9:00 PM, Picklefart said:

Does anyone know if the blood moon trickle mod works for most recent stable? If so and installing on server, does it only have to be server side?

I honestly don't know if it will ever break with future updates, but yes it should be server only.

I really don't have much intention of updating to a19.