Guppycur's Modlets

Guppycur

Guppy Poll  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use my mods?

...so... found a free cuckoo clock... man is it complicated, animation wise.  I'll have a go at some point, but not today.  Got the spinning dancers, the ticktock hanging thingie, and of course the bird, not to mention the hour and minute hands. 😃

Hey Gup I'm guessing you don't have access to the new junk-Hammer turret yet, and MM didn't respond to my, of course, -seriously-awesome-suggestion-!!- to allow that thing to be mounted facing upwards for that, ooooO! That's Gotta Hurt! Nut Buster punch lol moment...

Any chance you'll be able to magic something like that into being at some point? (and huge bonus points for multiple meter launching!) :bounce:

Edit: just kidding around :) ; saw you're earlier post on being bored & this came to mind

Edited by FileMachete (see edit history)

Couple of problems.  First being that it seems entities straight up ignore colliders that move too fast to push them, so using game physics just doesn't work.  I assume this is why they can phase through doors when they're closing.  At any rate, changing the speed of the "spring" just caused the zombies to clip through the block entirely, so that was a no go.

So using the jumppad class means the zombies only go straight UP, and quite frankly they go too far.

I'm still mucking about with this but this is the model I'm using.

image.thumb.png.635b1db01185ad879033d20d82fd7e7b.png

Wonder if they did something new for the junk-hammer-turret? Maybe you'll be able to leverage that if they did...

Hope so as something like your pic shows could be a lot of fun.

Like make a zombie Shotgun Trap Range. "Pull!" <zed flying> "Boom" 'nailed it!' :)

Double Door Mod

The rotating glass doors are basic glass I ended up changing the material to MglassBulletproof and adding that it can be repaired by glassBulletproofBlockVariantHelper

I ended up also adding repairable by resourceForgedIron to both Jail door variants.

All the other doors were already repairable, not sure if you want to change this so I thought I would post this info.

On 5/31/2020 at 2:47 AM, Guppycur said:

Working with some peeps (hopefully) for a UI version... Find a watch, the time shows on your hud.  Have everything working except for pulling the time, but hopefully Sphereii bails me out again.

***just throwing in some ideas *** should you wish to implement them as I do not have the modding prowess to do so ;).

I have been wanting this so bad (a watch) so I could remove the game time in the UI and you have to have a watch to know what time it is, so this is very exciting. I also wanted to be able to find watches that were ... not showing the correct time, or eventually just stopped working ;0.  You'd never know how correct the watch was until day/night kicked in...

If you're looking for other ideas to implement, I'd say "a compass" that works just like the watch you made/are making would be cool.  Then you (we/I) could remove the in game compass.  I made a modlet that "removes the map" so essentially with all this loaded you'd be running blind most of the time unless you had watch/compass.  And finding your backpack might be a real challenge.

And: Maybe a day calendar?  An altimeter... a temp sensor... It's getting a little ridiculous at this point but I think it would be cool to have "to work for" all those environmental stats.  What day is it?  Crap, I have to go back to my base and look at my day planner ;).  or "YAY I found a day planner!" .... but is it accurate ...what day *is* it?

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

That's the general direction I would like to head to. I know Khaine removed the time unless you find a watch in darkness falls.  

I assume, or at least hope, he uses my clocks in darkness falls.  He and I were discussing the watch and the best way to implement it. As you see from one of the photos there's a white circle below the compass, that's actually a prefab that sits in front of the users player camera that is only enabled when you are wearing a watch. Have not yet got that to work but I'm hoping that I will be able to soon.

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

@Roland GIANT step towards removing all ui elements and only adding them in as you find items.  Time is the first step.  Compass, elevation, wind, health, whatever... can be added with a little Unity loving from my side of the aisle.

Start with a blank UI and you only get elements that you find.

4 hours ago, Guppycur said:

@Roland GIANT step towards removing all ui elements and only adding them in as you find items.  Time is the first step.  Compass, elevation, wind, health, whatever... can be added with a little Unity loving from my side of the aisle.

Start with a blank UI and you only get elements that you find.

Cool!  The ISS system in A19 once again makes playing without indicators possible—as far as hunger and thirst go.  The crits are a bit more tricky as you would have to go to the character screen to get the info you need to know how to treat them which would be a pain but perhaps worth it to play cleanly. 

32 minutes ago, Roland said:

Cool!  The ISS system in A19 once again makes playing without indicators possible—as far as hunger and thirst go.  The crits are a bit more tricky as you would have to go to the character screen to get the info you need to know how to treat them which would be a pain but perhaps worth it to play cleanly. 

Hm, without spoiling, are you taking about broken arms and whatnot?  

Can always add visual indicators... How about a bone *sticking out of the arm*?  :)

...to be fair that could already be done without the clock code... 

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Hm, without spoiling, are you taking about broken arms and whatnot?  

Can always add visual indicators... How about a bone *sticking out of the arm*?  :)

...to be fair that could already be done without the clock code... 

Adding a screen effect to the buff would take care of that I guess.

Yeah...

sprained arm

broken arm

sprained leg

broken leg

concussion (gives periodic random and sudden stun effects while it is in effect)

abrasions

lacerations

infection

stunned (already has a screen effect)

are the ones to begin with and they may add more.