7 days 2 die is now a shooter game.

Noompsie

It's funny, the traps and cobblestone I'm laying down say otherwise.

Semantics, I would classify what you're doing as prepping an existing structure, not building. Camping on a building with a ladder to play whack-a-mole is not something that I would consider as building. But to each their own.

Can I just say, 1) not only is this still "alpha", but it's "experimental" and the dev diary is full of "known issue, we're looking into it" and 2) a 71-year-old grandmother who uses the verb phrase "to pimp out" is pretty awesome.

Lol well thank you kind sir. I try to stay up to date. And yes, I know its experimental but if I dont voice my opinion, how will they know there are things I don't enjoy.

Greslin in reply to part of your post: "The first advice I'd give anyone playing a17 is to not take the YT videos too seriously. Test the assumptions yourself. If all you're doing is recycling someone else's experiences, or even your own, of course you're going to get bored fast. You're not doing anything new."

I have complete faith in CappOO's videos, his testing is very thorough. I did not infer that they would destroy your base by day 7 or even 14. Im talking long term, with the bigger, more damaging hoards, wandering and 7th day hordes. I have no incentive to build those beautiful bases I used to build just to have them trashed.

I have not had a scratch on day 7 or day 14. I just sit up on an extremely high beam in a pre built barn, shooting down at zombies running over a bed of spikes. Never said that couldnt be done. But it's boring.

No. I didnt miss that part. You say you dont build by day 14. I always build immediately, its a big, possibly the biggest enjoyment i get in the game. As for taking over a POI I did that in my first game before I turned down my settings. I was crouched in a forge house, no lights turned on, all windows and doors plugged and boarded over, back staircase blocked off. Zero noise on my part. I was in fact watching a video on my second monitor while watching my game on my main monitor. They still honed in on me 100%, day 1, ripped out my back door and killed me. Completely hopeless.

As regards whether it's a shooter game sure it is. I could have used a gun, but find my bow does more damage. A rose by any name...right.

Oh and by the way, I am bored, but i'm not salty. Calling me salty will make me salty.

That's what happens to AFK players. You lose. Had you been paying attention you would have heard him break the door and come up the stairs to you and had a chance to flee or fight.

Dont blame the game because you want to YouTube while playing. That's not playing AT ALL.

Right? Complaining about dying in a game with "Die" in the title while afk / watching youtube lol. And idk why people are saying "omg no base is possible anymore", my 1-deep concrete wall with layers of spiked just stood up to day 42 horde. Dont know the game stage on hand but I had over 1k kills before it started, swarms of soldiers, rad cops/wrights/spiders coming constantly. Didn't ever breach the wall.

That's what happens to AFK players. You lose. Had you been paying attention you would have heard him break the door and come up the stairs to you and had a chance to flee or fight.

Dont blame the game because you want to YouTube while playing. That's not playing AT ALL.

lol i could not have done one damn thing on day ONE on the game. GPS trackers not fun. While im at it, if I have to sit in a room crouched until morning, why would I not watch a video on one monitor while keeping an eye on my character on my other monitor. Your point makes zero sense

- - - Updated - - -

Right? Complaining about dying in a game with "Die" in the title while afk / watching youtube lol. And idk why people are saying "omg no base is possible anymore", my 1-deep concrete wall with layers of spiked just stood up to day 42 horde. Dont know the game stage on hand but I had over 1k kills before it started, swarms of soldiers, rad cops/wrights/spiders coming constantly. Didn't ever breach the wall.

Oh, hello Jugginator, I wasnt going to reply to your posts any more because of your insulting manner, but hey, thank you for bringing my thread to the top of the forums again :)

lol i could not have done one damn thing on day ONE on the game. GPS trackers not fun. <snip>

I think one thing that has been mentioned elsewhere as being looked at is how the wandering hordes calculate their path. It is based on the victim character's location, and it's possible in a17 that the calculation of the start-to-end-point is broken. They are supposed to come in at an oblique or right angle line (not sure which) to that location but seem to not always do that. Sometimes they draw their pathing line right through it, instead. So, this might not be GPS zombies but rather just a broken piece of math.

lol i could not have done one damn thing on day ONE on the game. GPS trackers not fun. <snip>

/QUOTE]

I think one thing that has been mentioned elsewhere as being looked at is how the wandering hordes calculate their path. It is based on the victim character's location, and it's possible in a17 that the calculation of the start-to-end-point is broken. They are supposed to come in at an oblique or right angle line (not sure which) to that location but seem to not always do that. Sometimes they draw their pathing line right through it, instead. So, this might not be GPS zombies but rather just a broken piece of math.

It could be. Whatever the cause, I hope it gets fixed.

-No stamina issues here. I honestly don't understand why a lot of people seem to be having issues with stamina. Which perks did you get?

-Base building is certainly not a thing of the past and it has been proven in many threads here. You just can't expect starting to build a huge base or underground bunker from day 1 and have to use different tactics.

-Zombie xp will get lowered and action xp will be increased.

If you honestly don't understand how everyone is having stamina issues then you aren't playing. Simple as that.

Base building for all intents and purposes is currently trashed for the early game. Zombies are bullet sponges, even with head shots and tear straight through the materials you have access to. Obviously the mods are going to have to change a lot of things and re-balance or no one but you will be playing the game in future.

do try not to sound condescending to someone that is frustrated for good reason.

Guess you missed where i said I built 3 horde bases that all stood lol. Idk, going at it with that mentality will surely make you bored/salty about it. The game's advertised to survive the zombie hordes... you can't do that by asking them nicely and/or negotiating with them. And instead of using resources to build a base by the first week, slightly prepare a POI for the horde and keep saving resources. I never build by day 14, first two are in a poi while I build up for iron and concrete for a survival base. And no, it's not really a shooter game. If that's the case, all RPGs with characters that use a bow or staff that shoots fireballs or the like are shooters. Skyrim is a shooter too i guess. Shooters are your call of duties and such heh

how about you let his rightful criticism stand instead of blowing your insecurities all over this thread?

lol i could not have done one damn thing on day ONE on the game. GPS trackers not fun. While im at it, if I have to sit in a room crouched until morning, why would I not watch a video on one monitor while keeping an eye on my character on my other monitor. Your point makes zero sense

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, hello Jugginator, I wasnt going to reply to your posts any more because of your insulting manner, but hey, thank you for bringing my thread to the top of the forums again :)

Oh, hello Mr. Saltlord who claims any advice/suggestions to adapting to a new game style + calling out on blatant lies is insulting =p. Btw, I replied to someone else who brought the post up top, I guess if you crave that sort of thing then congratulations and yw.

Oh, hello Mr. Saltlord who claims any advice/suggestions to adapting to a new game style + calling out on blatant lies is insulting =p. Btw, I replied to someone else who brought the post up top, I guess if you crave that sort of thing then congratulations and yw.

Oh, danged if you didnt do it again Jugginator, well done. Keeping my post in the public eye. Very helpful of you, keep up the good work

It’s true that you can’t build the same type of bases you used to but you can still build bases. On 60 min days, a 7 day base is probably feasible but you would need to be super efficient (just like A16). A 14 day base is definitely doable. In my second game I just modified a forge house and it held up fine to the 7 day horde. The trick is that you have to give the zombies a clear path to you to discourage from attacking your walls. Once A17 has been out for long enough I’m sure there will be several go to bases that can be built for the 7 day horde.

Archived