Ladders.

Kam R.

Basically just 3 questions:

Why the eff is climbing ladders been nerfed to snail pace?

And why does that nerf not apply to Zs?

And with the new philosophy of "Get a perk to improve it!" – Where's my perk for faster climbing?

Seems not needed and just an extra pain in the A, seems like yet another hit to the mole people that occasionally need to climb out of their holes (without using hatch elevator exploits), seems like another cheap way to make Zs more dangerous.

Basically just 3 questions:

Why the eff is climbing ladders been nerfed to snail pace?

And why does that nerf not apply to Zs?

And with the new philosophy of "Get a perk to improve it!" – Where's my perk for faster climbing?

Seems not needed and just an extra pain in the A, seems like yet another hit to the mole people that occasionally need to climb out of their holes (without using hatch elevator exploits), seems like another cheap way to make Zs more dangerous.

Yeah I don't understand this one bit.

It's annoying and doesn't help game play.

Maybe it's to allow zombies to catch us easier?

If that's the reason, that's silly.

Instead of resorting to hatch elevators, I wish they would put a dumbwaiter in or something. (I don't use the elevator as an exploit of AI, but as a means to quickly ascend long shafts.)

Hey don't worry about it it.

If there wasn't a hatch exploit, a Modder would make elevators and almost all of us would be using it.

What ever happened to TFP's elevator anyway?

I know it was there in A16, I managed to incorporate it into a base.

Hope that shows up in A18.

It's going to be very welcomed.

Yeeeah, Ladder climb is pain nowadays, and, for some reason, Shift slows you down, while you climb.

Yea, I got quite the laugh when I discovered that little tidbit. No clue why the instant you step foot on a ladder the shift key magically does the opposite of what it does anywhere else.

I have not had the pleasure to be chased up a ladder by a zombie yet either, but it is still rather slow to go up. Will have to try jumping up ladders next time I can get on.

Just a random thought.. What if they made rickety ladders and stable ones? Move slower on the rickety and move normal on the sturdy ones

Roland just posted in a different topic;

Why is Ladder speed reduced?

Because of an oversight most likely. There was a bug just before experimental that caused ladder climbing to be nearly instantaneous and so the numbers were altered and maybe altered too much. Best to report these things.

Hope this helps.

Roland just posted in a different topic;

Why is Ladder speed reduced?

Because of an oversight most likely. There was a bug just before experimental that caused ladder climbing to be nearly instantaneous and so the numbers were altered and maybe altered too much. Best to report these things.

Hope this helps.

Cool, thx. Hard to keep an overview :D

Archived