Insane Bartering Xp

chinothepony

Always have loved trading in 7DTD. In A16, that's how I got a lot of my levels. Never put a point into barter and would sell until it reaches 100.

I thought I would miss that in A17 until I see how much insane xp you can get off selling big ticket items. Try raising that barter to the top and then unload your guns and comp bows, or even all that silver and gold from the canyon mine in Naves. Guns are everywhere now in A17 and another tip I always do, repair before selling them for maximum price.

Try it if you haven't already!

Yeah this could even get nerfed a little and still be very effective.

Glad we can't sell vehicles anymore,

That gained me way too many levels in my first game.

It was kind of disappointing.

Yeah it's a great tactic for leveling for people who don't want to just kill zombies.

Sneak around, grab loot, sell it... level up.

Imo - 1) remove trading xp, it can't really be balanced. 2) Balance the rest as much as possible.

Yup as a fan of Traders and someone who's supported having them ever since TFP brought them in, I'd be fine with this.

It's an easy exploit.

We've got a few ways to make a LOT of coins in 7DTD.

Then again... it does allow for a different play style.

For those complaining that this is a zombie shooter, they can now play differently.

#1 Loot

#2 Sell

#3 Profit.... er.... Level up.

It's a windfall gain since the traders limit how much they'll buy. Zombies are still where it's at.

-Morloc

I roleplay on that since I pretty much stop my driving just to take out any zombie. "No zombies allowed in Navezgaine!" As I stomp them out like some sort of enforcer. Maybe I work for the Duke, who I hope makes an appearance sometime down the line.

I am actually surprised how the other XP sources can keep up at times. Selling sometime really expensive will get you more XP than a zombie, and now when I crack rocks, I make about 350-400 XP per which is half a zombie.

I quickly run out of trader space to sell to. I often find myself running around with several pistols, shotties, hunting rifles, and compound bows from looting, since each trader won't buy them once they have 3 in stock.

Even if i CAN sell those items, they're generally worth about 1-2 zombie kills until you're looting quality 4+ guns....even at 4 zombie kills worth of xp...its still random to find a given item, and then dealing with traders not buying them...and if you're looking purely by how fast you can level, you're still going to generally get more xp seeking zombies than doing trade runs.

If you're looting giant POIs and offloading 20 guns while doing a circuit to 6 different traders, then where's the complaint? You're putting massive effort into loot/sell levelling, it should probably pay off well.

We have team of 4 players. One of us 50% of his time is just trading. Guess what? His level is the second worst of us, and that is because the first one have less time to play.

He said once that he got 53k XP from one cruise (his barter perk is lvl 4) ... but still he is 80 and 2 of us are 100, because they were looting and killing zombies, while our trader was trading.

So I don't think that it is OP somehow :) . It may seem that you got lot of XP, but in reality the gain is slow.

I quickly run out of trader space to sell to. I often find myself running around with several pistols, shotties, hunting rifles, and compound bows from looting, since each trader won't buy them once they have 3 in stock.

Even if i CAN sell those items, they're generally worth about 1-2 zombie kills until you're looting quality 4+ guns....even at 4 zombie kills worth of xp...its still random to find a given item, and then dealing with traders not buying them...and if you're looking purely by how fast you can level, you're still going to generally get more xp seeking zombies than doing trade runs.

If you're looting giant POIs and offloading 20 guns while doing a circuit to 6 different traders, then where's the complaint? You're putting massive effort into loot/sell levelling, it should probably pay off well.

Sounds good to me! I don't think the xp should be nerfed. Also, it's pretty hard to do an isolated comparison with just zombie killing since it's pretty much a package deal. I'm just happy that I can still find a way to earn some character growth via bartering, since I enjoy trading so much.

All my things I'm going to sell, I just store in a box until I'm ready to run that trade circuit. Btw, quality 1 guns still sell damn good if you repair them full. A turd quality comp bow is about 3-4k dukes alone. I just miss selling those tires you find on the roadway. That was my go to for easy big sales in A16.

We have team of 4 players. One of us 50% of his time is just trading. Guess what? His level is the second worst of us, and that is because the first one have less time to play.

He said once that he got 53k XP from one cruise (his barter perk is lvl 4) ... but still he is 80 and 2 of us are 100, because they were looting and killing zombies, while our trader was trading.

So I don't think that it is OP somehow :) . It may seem that you got lot of XP, but in reality the gain is slow.

Before they took away selling vehicles, I gained 15 levels in one shot selling a few.

That's far too much exp.

Also, the real trick to exploiting Traders isn't pistols.

I don't want to say what it is because TFP will take it away and right now I'm using it to level to 300 faster. =P'

I don't want to say what it is because TFP will take it away and right now I'm using it to level to 300 faster. =P'

Our guy is selling composite bows. They are really costly now. You can buy plastic and craft composite bows. Some beds are nice, but other than that we haven't figured out anything really profitable yet :) .

Our guy is selling composite bows. They are really costly now. You can buy plastic and craft composite bows. Some beds are nice, but other than that we haven't figured out anything really profitable yet :) .

Wel jeez.... when you figure it out, don't post it here!

TFP staff are circling like vultures as we speak.

They are ALWAYS watching.

AUAAItU.gif

Imo - 1) remove trading xp, it can't really be balanced. 2) Balance the rest as much as possible.

It can be. Give the traders a set amount of coins they have (although may not want to inclue coins from player buying stuff), and lower the xp quite a bit. Morrowind had a really good system in that.

Wel jeez.... when you figure it out, don't post it here!

TFP staff are circling like vultures as we speak.

They are ALWAYS watching.

AUAAItU.gif

lol :D I am glad that they do ;) . If I'll find it out - I'll post :D . Or was it a composite bow already? :)

It's a windfall gain since the traders limit how much they'll buy. Zombies are still where it's at.

-Morloc

Yes, that's true about zombies. I have seen that each trader doesn't buy everything, but I haven't noticed the limit, since I avoid using them. In general, with an "open" (most items being sellable) economy, even with a limit, even with diminishing returns, even without xp at all, players will probably manufacture specific items in bulk once they discover them and keep travelling between them as soon as the limit resets. Maybe that's not a bad thing at all in 7DTD, since time is valuable (even with vehicles) and one may say that would simulate real life trade, but it will still be a nightmare to balance bought goods and their prices with crafting availability.

It can be. Give the traders a set amount of coins they have (although may not want to inclue coins from player buying stuff), and lower the xp quite a bit. Morrowind had a really good system in that.

You weren't able to produce thousands of items there though.

Hah I was just explaining to someone in another thread that was complaining about this game becoming a "murder simulator" and the only way to level was killing zombies (which is turning off quite a few players apparently for some reason?) that he was wrong and you can level by trading pretty effectively if you know what you're doing.

Looks like that's gonna go bye-bye too after this thread lol, RIP we hardly knew ye

Hah I was just explaining to someone in another thread that was complaining about this game becoming a "murder simulator" and the only way to level was killing zombies (which is turning off quite a few players apparently for some reason?) that he was wrong and you can level by trading pretty effectively if you know what you're doing.

Looks like that's gonna go bye-bye too after this thread lol, RIP we hardly knew ye

Trust me, it's not going anywhere until devs balance it. And it still may linger (perhaps in other forms as well), because major crafting recipes are tied specifically to leveling.

Archived