Spawn in prefabs?

Tkullberg

Hello, a newbie in modding.

I would like to know if there is any "editor" that lets me spawn/insert prefabs from the game?

Would like to spawn some building on a spot on our server. Would be cool if I could build a little bigger city.

Thanks in advance.

Given that RWG generated worlds now have a prefabs.xml which dictates the placement of a prefab for that world (similar to Navegane). You could just edit the file in your worlds folder for the world you want the prefab to appear then start a game.

Thanks @red Eagle LXIX

I stopped my server, copied the file "prefabs.xml" looked up the right name of the house and copied the line to <decoration type="model" name="house_old_ranch_07" position="-963, 47, 403" rotation="0" /> with my cords.

Is it the right way?

EDIT- This method did not work.. x)

EDIT again.. - It kinda worked.. I can see it far away but when I come closer it dissapears... Why?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?57569-Bad-Company-Manager-(ApiMod-for-Servers)

That allows you to do what you ask and much more. Yes, it's on the server side, I do not know if it also serves as a single player.

Yea, I installed this one on my server.

And this is all i need. I can import and undo if it gets wrong.

Big thanks to you guys ♥

Thanks @red Eagle LXIX

I stopped my server, copied the file "prefabs.xml" looked up the right name of the house and copied the line to <decoration type="model" name="house_old_ranch_07" position="-963, 47, 403" rotation="0" /> with my cords.

Is it the right way?

EDIT- This method did not work.. x)

EDIT again.. - It kinda worked.. I can see it far away but when I come closer it dissapears... Why?

Was this in a region you had already visited? If it is not a new save, you'll need to at the very least delete the associated region file.

Archived