Some of these weapon mods are really good. Like this one!

Scyris

I love this series of mods, I am going to assume there is one for each main material type, as I've gotten one for Dirt and Stone so far. Dirt one is called Grave Digger, Stone one is Bunker Buster. Anyone found the ones for metal or wood? Went from doing 76 power attack block dmg to 116 or so with the iron pickaxe.

1.jpg.efee3c3e6ca1b237b66c575736d78086.jpg

Not found ♥♥♥♥, you're lucky, but I did notice them poking around creative menu after the B208 patch.

Was really excited to see them. I think this is where the mod system is going to start to shine now, and then all the nerfing doesn't seem so bad since we're given ways around it.

Not found ♥♥♥♥, you're lucky, but I did notice them poking around creative menu after the B208 patch.

Was really excited to see them. I think this is where the mod system is going to start to shine now, and then all the nerfing doesn't seem so bad since we're given ways around it.

I been using the lucky goggles with -10% craft time and +50 loot bonus, that might explain how I keep finding this stuff. But yeah, stone one for pick axes, dirt for shovel, wood for sledge/axe, metal for sledge/pick axe sounds good if you can find (or craft) that many.

I been using the lucky goggles with -10% craft time and +50 loot bonus, that might explain how I keep finding this stuff. But yeah, stone one for pick axes, dirt for shovel, wood for sledge/axe, metal for sledge/pick axe sounds good if you can find (or craft) that many.

Oh they go on the sledge too? Awesome! Although I'm not liking the sledge as much anymore. Wonder if you can chop wood with a machete?

Yeah, those goggles seem to make a big difference.

nerdy glasses are powerful too. You can save 2 points on Int.

The mods are great, but the drop rates for them are ludicrously low, and the level requirement to craft them is ludicrously high. It's nice I can stuff 20 mods in my armor, but i'll be damned if I can find 3 to go in them that aren't blueprint-locked.

I think when everytime I play a new game, I'm going to be so happy to spot the nerdy glasses. I think those are the best out of all of them. +2 to Int and that 10% bonus to Xp. So basically you're getting full zombie xp after killing every 10.

I love this series of mods, I am going to assume there is one for each main material type, as I've gotten one for Dirt and Stone so far. Dirt one is called Grave Digger, Stone one is Bunker Buster. Anyone found the ones for metal or wood? Went from doing 76 power attack block dmg to 116 or so with the iron pickaxe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25992[/ATTACH]

I found one that does 50% more damage to living things! it's pretty great for hunting :p

Well, my thoughts on the tools atm is that even though they added that, you still won't oneshot stone at max rank with a flawless steel pickaxe, even if you're fully drugged on top of it all.

So, if they added the mining tools skills, that would truly balance things out perfectly and make mining at max slightly better than in a16 even.

But for now it's garbage, even if it's better. But it looks like they'll fix it after seeing that poll.

Anyone found the ones for metal or wood?[ATTACH=CONFIG]25992[/ATTACH]

Yes though the metal one is specifically for Iron.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, my thoughts on the tools atm is that even though they added that, you still won't oneshot stone at max rank with a flawless steel pickaxe, even if you're fully drugged on top of it all..

I have a 5 slot Steel pick full of mods including Bunker Buster and all Mining Related perks maxed. I 3-shot boulders. As in 1 swing per destruction stage of the boulder. So 3 *total* for the entire boulder.

- - - Updated - - -

So, if they added the mining tools skills, that would truly balance things out perfectly and make mining at max slightly better than in a16 even.

There are 3 Mining related perks in A17 already what are you referring to?

And I feel Nerdy Glasses > all

The Int doesn't matter but the +10% Exp is massive.

Well, my thoughts on the tools atm is that even though they added that, you still won't oneshot stone at max rank with a flawless steel pickaxe, even if you're fully drugged on top of it all.

But for now it's garbage, even if it's better. But it looks like they'll fix it after seeing that poll.

Lower the block durability in the menu for your game if you can't one shot things. The default seems to be like 20% overtuned at the moment because yeah you should be one shotting a rock with all your optimal gear and perks. If you can't then the 100% block durability needs to be at 80% for you. Which should become the new 100%.

Yes though the metal one is specifically for Iron.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 5 slot Steel pick full of mods including Bunker Buster and all Mining Related perks maxed. I 3-shot boulders. As in 1 swing per destruction stage of the boulder. So 3 *total* for the entire boulder.

- - - Updated - - -

There are 3 Mining related perks in A17 already what are you referring to?

And I feel Nerdy Glasses > all

The Int doesn't matter but the +10% Exp is massive.

Depends on the player, I'm not in a huge rush to level fast, I prefer getting better loot over 10% more exp. Would be nice if you could create macros in the game and save them to do stuff like gear switches for like the eye wear.

If I have both, I carry both - nerdy, kill everything in the POI, put on the lucky and loot it all.

Yeah, I can see me forgetting to do that after a while, if I can't just have it like hotkeyed.

- - - Updated - - -

When did you start to get mods? Ive started several times so Ive only reached low levels <20. But I havent found a single mod (some mod recipes tho)

I've found a couple below 20, but its based on gamestage+your loot bonus, also other than the dyes which I've found in cabinets alot, the rest seem to be in safes/reinforced chests etc I have found gun mods in shotgun messiah crates, and in a lab crate I found a grave digger mod (50% more dmg to dirt). So if your not busting safes thats probally why you don't see them much early game. Get a sledgehammer and its all you need for breaking into things in poi's

(...) The default seems to be like 20% overtuned at the moment because yeah you should be one shotting a rock with all your optimal gear and perks. If you can't then the 100% block durability needs to be at 80% for you. Which should become the new 100%.

Agree.

Auger with all of these mining mods put on still takes 3(!) hits for dirt, 6 hits for stone. I would expect at least oneshot to dirt and 3 hits for stone on default.

Yeah, I can see me forgetting to do that after a while, if I can't just have it like hotkeyed.

- - - Updated - - -

I've found a couple below 20, but its based on gamestage+your loot bonus, also other than the dyes which I've found in cabinets alot, the rest seem to be in safes/reinforced chests etc I have found gun mods in shotgun messiah crates, and in a lab crate I found a grave digger mod (50% more dmg to dirt). So if your not busting safes thats probally why you don't see them much early game. Get a sledgehammer and its all you need for breaking into things in poi's

I'd still need a reminder - I forget half the time, but yeah a hotkey would be nice.

Gamestage gets you better loot now? So there actually is a reward for leveling and not dieing.

I'd still need a reminder - I forget half the time, but yeah a hotkey would be nice.

Gamestage gets you better loot now? So there actually is a reward for leveling and not dieing.

Yeah I am decently sure the devs mentioned that loot is based on your gamestage, and not fully your char level It is part of the calc though as your level diffcutly time survived etc all effect it. In a16 your level was the main factor for loot, so higher level even with low gamestage=better loot. Max gamestage for single player is 480 I think, from what I seen in the xmls for b197. Haven't checked it again so it quite possibly might have changed.

why does it says 50% if you only get +23 to power attack, shouldnt it be +38?

I'm sure there are some bugs with mods that need to be addressed, with the addition of tons more mods (TFP will be adding more!) Of course it could always do what's advertised but show incorrect info on the info panel too.

When did you start to get mods? Ive started several times so Ive only reached low levels <20. But I havent found a single mod (some mod recipes tho)

In my current solo playthrough I have the stone, dirt and wood mods on day 5, and about 5 Dyes.

As for the loot glasses, what does +50 mean? I am struggling to see why that's good. +50 what?

In my current solo playthrough I have the stone, dirt and wood mods on day 5, and about 5 Dyes.

As for the loot glasses, what does +50 mean? I am struggling to see why that's good. +50 what?

I think it's something like Item Discovery in the Dark Souls Franchise? So at base the enemy has a %chance to drop something or a container has a %chance to contain something, and with the glasses it adds +50 to Item Discovery which ups the %chance by x amount?

One possible explanation would be it adds 50 to your gamestage to determine loot (IF loot quality is now determined by gamestage).

Archived