Desert looks great

DarlingCows

Dunno about the real world counterpart, but the lush green oak(?) trees dotted about seem out of place and "un-desert-y". Just by a quick google image search it looks to me like it has a lot of green grass spots and brushwork in certain areas and definitely a buttload of tall cacti, but not that many trees. I agree on the new ground texture looking good, it has a nice, hot glow to it.

I personally dont like the new desert. Feels like I'm on Mars with the reddish orange color. And I notice on random gen. You cant see for long distances like before. Too many trees blocking view. Used to like to come over a hill and see a town or city in the distance. Oh well its early in this beta. Hopefully the FPs will tweak A17 so everyone can get a little of what they want. Look forward to how it turns out.

I am amazed by how awesome the desert looks. It feels more like the deserts in Arizona. Especially the ground textures.

I can't agree. The desert used to look exactly like Arizona and much of the Mojave Desert. It was eerie driving through the Mojave Desert and in places in Arizona and feeling like I was actually in the game.

The new desert does look really cool and I've gotten used to it. But it looks more like the Roadrunner and Coyote cartoon desert landscape to me than a realistic depiction of Arizona.

I can't agree. The desert used to look exactly like Arizona and much of the Mojave Desert. It was eerie driving through the Mojave Desert and in places in Arizona and feeling like I was actually in the game.

The new desert does look really cool and I've gotten used to it. But it looks more like the Roadrunner and Coyote cartoon desert landscape to me than a realistic depiction of Arizona.

I was about to say the same thing, It looks great but compared to real life Arizona/Mojave. It's not a realistic depiction

Archived