I have Ark and just got The Forest, 7 Days To Die developers really sleeping on what

knighthonor

Im talking about how the blocks worked.

This game did start off very much like Minecraft with the addition of structural integrity. It was a blocky world with blocky low res textures and similar game features. It has since evolved a lot from that... but deep down, it's still got some subtle similarities.

A16 was like minecraft.....until A17 was released.....

Too soon?

Sorry I couldn't resist. *puts on flame proof plant fiber pants on* :p

*ducks* :p

Some actually like A17 more or at least the base of it. Sure it needs more work done to it or the things added that are still missing to have it feel more right. Actually needs both more balancing and those things that are missing. Beside that, the bugs and a few things such as rwg needing more work but those things they are aware of so.....

Anyway this is all besides the point as this is console section so as of now neither A16 nor A17 means anything here :p

Tbf, I think what OP meant was that the TFP team is too small to push out these massive updates, and that by the time they "finish" the game, by whatever standard TFP thinks that means (but they have high standards, don't bash on me fanboys please), a lot of people will be bored and leave. Imo, this update was a massive step in the right direction. I liked how TFP attempted to gate off higher tier loot by making it more difficult to get iron tools and by making it more difficult to fight zeds with lower tier weaponry, allowing stamina to run out; although, as it stands, the system works to where you just kite zombies for so long that it literally isn't worth your time to loot higher tier structures. But I think that it'd be more effective to gate getting more than a farmer's shotgun/rifle, or a handgun, by making players get a specific skill- such as lockpicking, acid-making, or a skill called "Bash in", in order to get low medium to medium loot (different solutions to the same problem based on how you build your character), and for medium loot such as explosives to be a gate for high tier loot. These are changes I *hope* TFP have in mind; since they're starting to add multiple entrances to houses etc, I bet they also have planned the nerfing of hay/wood frames. All of this would massively change the game, for the better; Alpha 17 is the first step to a finished game. It looks like if TFP play their cards right, and don't waste time creating systems they'll change/remove anyways, this game will be completed.

Tbf, I think what OP meant was that the TFP team is too small to push out these massive updates, and that by the time they "finish" the game, by whatever standard TFP thinks that means (but they have high standards, don't bash on me fanboys please), a lot of people will be bored and leave. Imo, this update was a massive step in the right direction. I liked how TFP attempted to gate off higher tier loot by making it more difficult to get iron tools and by making it more difficult to fight zeds with lower tier weaponry, allowing stamina to run out; although, as it stands, the system works to where you just kite zombies for so long that it literally isn't worth your time to loot higher tier structures. But I think that it'd be more effective to gate getting more than a farmer's shotgun/rifle, or a handgun, by making players get a specific skill- such as lockpicking, acid-making, or a skill called "Bash in", in order to get low medium to medium loot (different solutions to the same problem based on how you build your character), and for medium loot such as explosives to be a gate for high tier loot. These are changes I *hope* TFP have in mind; since they're starting to add multiple entrances to houses etc, I bet they also have planned the nerfing of hay/wood frames. All of this would massively change the game, for the better; Alpha 17 is the first step to a finished game. It looks like if TFP play their cards right, and don't waste time creating systems they'll change/remove anyways, this game will be completed.

The op was referring to console if I'm not mistaken so at the moment has nothing to do with what TFP do or don't do because right now nothing they can do until they get the rights back for console.

So the rest of it would be better if it was posted in the PC section as it really doesn't effect the console players or at least at the moment or most likely anytime soon. Even then the console wouldn't get updates like PC so got that also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
It's a shame that Sony didn't buy the rights to this game, seeing as how it runs a lot better on PS4.

I find that the building base games run better on PS4 than they do on XBOX.

Its weird but must be bad porting or something.

Conan Exiles for example. Crashes all the time on XBOX but I just tried it on PS4 this month because it was free and it doesnt crash.

7DTD seems to have same issue with crashes and bugs on XBOX but I haven't experienced any of this stuff on PS4.

Thank goodness sony didn't get the rights because they would've made it exclusive to ps4 and a lot of people would miss out on this great game.

By the way, i'm on the 1x and the game runs great, maybe the std xbox suffers because of inferior memory compared to ps4.

Perhaps you should add 'IMO' after all there is absolutely no evidence to your rather cynical and probably fanboyish comment.

No it was likely accurate, and there is evidence to be had.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-08-who-killed-rare

http://www.pauseresume.com/the-rise-ruin-and-resurrection-of-rare/

https://nintendotoday.com/ex-rare-developer-talks-microsoft/

And speaking of fanboy's...

https://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rare-employee-microsoft-xbox-360-ruined-company/

I'm not saying Sony would do any better though. It would be best if neither got their hands on it.

No it was likely accurate, and there is evidence to be had.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-08-who-killed-rare

http://www.pauseresume.com/the-rise-ruin-and-resurrection-of-rare/

https://nintendotoday.com/ex-rare-developer-talks-microsoft/

And speaking of fanboy's...

https://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rare-employee-microsoft-xbox-360-ruined-company/

I'm not saying Sony would do any better though. It would be best if neither got their hands on it.

Fair point, but using ex employees version of events does not provide unbiased points of view.

• 2 weeks later...
The XBox2 will have the same bug if Microsoft doesn't stop using the crappy file system that was out-of date years before the X-box released.

I thought I read somewhere that PC players were starting to run into the same MD5 bug. Is that not the case? Is it really only a XB1 issue?

I thought I read somewhere that PC players were starting to run into the same MD5 bug. Is that not the case? Is it really only a XB1 issue?

It was a PC issue on older OS'es in a previous version. It was basically fixed and eradicated, but has recently popped up in the latest experimental. It is extremely rare though, and still only seems to affect older file systems. I don't know why people still insist on running XP and fat32. That likely won't be supported in the near future anyway.

It was a PC issue on older OS'es in a previous version. It was basically fixed and eradicated, but has recently popped up in the latest experimental. It is extremely rare though, and still only seems to affect older file systems. I don't know why people still insist on running XP and fat32. That likely won't be supported in the near future anyway.

Ah... So it is an operating system issue. Didn't realize XB1 was FAT32 based? Isn't it NTFS?

Ah... So it is an operating system issue. Didn't realize XB1 was FAT32 based? Isn't it NTFS?

It's a barstardized version of NTFS that was obsolete almost before it even got released. (Literally, this file system was only briefly used in between Windows 98 and Windows 2000.) Originally the Xbox 360 used in-house variant of FATX, then they switched to the pseudo NTFS file system for the XB1. It's been a while since I looked at the specific data on it, but it seems like it was similar to something like a FAT34 system.

Archived