An Idea On Gun Parts

Moldy Bread

Not really.

It would be all over again logs to planks to sticks to spikes kind of crafting, but gun edition this time.

There is a line between a fun and a chore and remember we can no longer combine 2 bad parts into 1 good one, so the point of parts isn't even here.

You can go an entire game without ever adding a mod. Perks is where its all at. What you are trying to convey is that mods are some integral piece of the puzzle and you are WAY overthinking it and giving it way more value than it deserves.

Not really.

It would be all over again logs to planks to sticks to spikes kind of crafting, but gun edition this time.

There is a line between a fun and a chore and remember we can no longer combine 2 bad parts into 1 good one, so the point of parts isn't even here.

You know what? You're right. Since having excessive crafting recipes made the game too micromanaging, let's remove all that other unnecessary stuff.

I want to be able to press enter and win the game. Everything else is just too complex for people to enjoy it.

Obviously I'm kidding, but I could apply your argument to every bit of gameplay.

A lot of players LOVE the micromanaging.

After about 10-15h you have a completely safe base and endless ammo. Some micromanaging to get that feel of accomplishment doesn't hurt that.

Once I have my fav 3 mods, that weapon is perfect and gives no more sense of accomplishment.

You know what my last day in A16 was?

Day211. I bought an ak for 25k, took the one 599 part out of it, exchanged my 587 part and sold the bad gun back for 6k.

It still gave me a sense of accomplishment. And you know the best part? Entity dmg only increased by like 0,05. So those who do not enjoy that aspect don't have to do it.

"Ugh why have 150 pokemon who have a 1/(15x15x15) chance to have perfect values and a 1/8000 chance to have a slightly different colour, and breeding moves an... WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE ARE OVER 800 OF THEM?" (*edit* I thought of Pokemon go. In the nonmobile one its 1/30^6 for perfect values)

Some people enjoy the micromanaging aspect, but you can still have fun with Pokemon without ever bothering with that.

+1

I know how mods work. But they are counterintuitive in their current state. Why does dye give dmg? Why does ANY of those mods increase damage? They should give extra effects (like they do) like increase decrease spead, add burstfire, scope, increased magazine...

But they shouldn't give damage.

My thought was:

Every gunpart influences something (see my previous post) AND mods give extra effects.

If you dislike 600 quality, make it 60.

The overall defines how many mods can be applied.

There is no gameplay reason not to do it this way.

The ONLY negative point was already mentioned:

You have to keep an eye on better parts, which some ppl dislike, because they just want to go Boom-Boom.

As far as I can tell, dye doesn't. Check the base damage on the item before you apply dye. Apply dye, check damage. Unchanged. I think the mod preview window isn't capable of understanding the difference between base damage and the damage bonus you get from perception... so say, if you have 30 base damage and get +5 damage from your perception bonus, when you go to apply a dye, it'll tell you +5 damage.

Keep in mind, I only noticed this last night and looked at two different weapons (AK and Marks) and this seemed to fit so I figure it's universal (with STR for melee vs PER for ranged.)

How? Increasing your quality increased all aspects of the gun, the mods are selective. Why not have both?

Let me begin by saying I would be all for both gun parts and mods. However, you must know that when you say that “increasing quality increased ALL aspects of the gun” that really that was two things: damage and durability. “All” is kind of overstating it. “Both” would be a more apt word.

In the new system damage, durability, accuracy, crit %, fall off rate, reach, stamina use, plus granting special effects are all possible. Even more than I specifically mentioned. A17 mod system is truly what affects and improves ALL aspects.

Archived