Altpha 17 - Swing and a huge miss!!

Yay

Adjust your gameplay maybe?

I think this has a lot to do with it. A17 cannot be played the same way a10-a16 were played. I started in a10 and this is the first alpha since I learned in the ins and outs that has really challenged me. I've had to completely change the way I approach the game and none of my old ways are working now. I'm enjoying it.

That's because;

it's been over a year, they delayed it a couple extra months from when they telegraphed the streamer events, and it's still an unbalanced, buggy mess.

now that it's out,

if you don't like something that people like but don't agree with, people say "git gud" or "go play something else" or "it's not designed for you" and dismiss your argument.

if you don't like something that people don't like but can agree with, people say "it's experimental" and dismiss your argument.

if you don't like something that people do agree with, people say "that's exactly what TFP wants, and it functions well, and i like it, A16 was cheesy/exploity/boring, A17e is the best version ever".

if you like something that people do agree with, they say "A17e is awesome, and it's exactly how i envisioned the game to be".

A lot of people are frustrated because not only is A17e in poor shape, but there isn't even consistency of message. It's experimental, but also exactly how we wanted it to be for this game etc. Do you see my point? TFP advocates are talking out of both sides of their mouth to be sure and tell you, that you, are the problem for not enjoying this version.

You think A17e is in poor shape? Interesting. It has flaws, absolutely, but i feel its in a better shape than A15 & A16 (only 2 alphas ive played)

Seems to me that you're exaggerating and are getting rather defensive. The toxicity was started by OP who ranted and raved about a17, treating it like its A16 and felt the consequences. Is it too much for OP? Probably... Maybe for OP, turning off the blood moon or even zombies until he gets better situated would be better.

There are negative aspects to A17, there are good and there are things to get used to, but some people just spew hate. Spewing hate because something is different than what theyve been used to for so long.

Stamina is amazing, its a game that tries to include some realism where it can... stamina is in a great spot. The right perks fix it. Early on too.

Hiding in a hole from the blood moon? why? its 7 days to die. 7 days. To die. its in the name of the game that there's going to be zombies coming after you. Whether you die or not is all about how you play. Run & gun on the street? sure, if youve got the right skills, hiding out on the roof? Sure, got defenses set up for it? Cause otherwise that base is done.

Zombie loot an issue? If you want, after every zombie, just drop some rotting sandwiches and some paper here n there... maybe some gunpowder and some candlesticks.

the best complaints are people complaining about the bugs. its experimental, of course there's bugs. You opt into it. You opt into knowing this version of the game will have bugs. Game breaking bugs, perhaps. falling pois, phantom trees etc. etc.

The beauty of 7 Days is having the option to play other alphas, maybe A17 isn't for OP. Maybe A16.4 is perfect for him. Hiding in a pit from zombies during the horde night and having reinforced concrete base and steel weapons by day 7. To each their own.

The main problem is that instead of making the game easier for low level difficulties, they are making the low level difficulties even harder. I started the game playing on low difficulties, I improved and played on Nomad difficulty for a long time, then I had to step one difficulty level down because it got harder than it used to be and in Alpha 17, I had to step down to the lowest difficulty and if I was a new player, I would probably rage quit. That's what does the lowest difficulty level feel like now. What's next? Dead on arrival? lol

Lowest difficult in A17 is extremely easy. You 1- or 2-shot all zombies with a level 1 club, and iron spikes will insta-kill any zombie so Screamers are a non-issue. It is as easy as the equivalent lowest difficulty in A16, if not easier.

- - - Updated - - -

A17 cannot be played the same way a10-a16 were played. I started in a10 and this is the first alpha since I learned in the ins and outs that has really challenged me. I've had to completely change the way I approach the game and none of my old ways are working now. I'm enjoying it.

Other than having to drop the difficulty a bit (I used to play on max in A16), I am playing EXACTLY how I played in A16 and it's fine. 100% fine. I am now level 95 and having no problems at all. If anything, and combat aside, A17 is EASIER than A16. No durability loss, top tier weapons acquired the moment you can make them, vehicles and other things that we used to have to hunt for the blueprint are now available guaranteed as soon as we hit the appropriate level and so on. I'm not saying these are good changes (they definitely are not) but they add up to make A17 one of the easiest alphas in ages.

ok, so I spawn randon gen. Graphics - good. Game runs smoothly. Althoug desert biome is increadibly ugly now. Doesn't matter though. Spawn near 2 huge cities, fine I guess, lots of gathering opportunities. So far so good.

One day passes. I've gathered practically nothing, killed a bunch Z's with a stick and went on into an old cabin to camp out the night. Day 2 starts.... 1 buidling - 3 ferals, one of them a cop. Really? I've got a stick and a bow shooting stones. They one- shottet me. And it wasn't even a good building! Respawn, smaller town, small buliding. Outside - waliking horde. Took down like 40 of 'em. Walk into a bulding, 20 more come. Standart setteings, nomad. They spawn like 60 at a time. ON DAY 2!!! WTF? And the stamina? What is up with that. Can't even fart, cuz you'll use all of the stamina. Can't fight, run or anything, how are you gonna take down a huge walking horde on day 2? Also, running to the trader, encoutered 12(!!!!!!) flyings things. They do decent damage. Loot is better, but what is the point if you fight an army of Z's from the spawn?

Anyway, good job spending a year ruining the game. I went back to Alpha 16 immidiately, and so did my friends. Maybe start working on another game if you have nothing better to do than ruin what you've built

An advice, switch to navezgane. I always played random gen. But I tried and I spawned near 2 buildings with 90 zombies inside (adding both houses). It was ridiculous. I started in navzgane, and the numbers seem good again.

Archived