What do you do at night in Alpha 17?

Mainsil

You can do a similar thing by going to the main menu when night starts, change day length to 10 minutes, sit through the 2 minute night, and then exit and change the day length back to normal.

I might do that if loading the game didn't take as long as a regular night.

I mine 6 nights a week and kill bloodmoon horde on the 7th.

In 60 odd game days across multiple saves I have never been attacked underground. I don't understand why people think mining is dead or dangerous.

This is not the sort of game where you can afford to waste the hours at night.

I tried playing "legit" with zombies running at night, but after many times of getting my base ravaged by wandering hordes around 3:30am while squatting is the dark with a stealth/visibility score of 1, I turned that off. I have no idea how in the heck they can spot me inside my base while I am quietly figuring out what perks to choose.

So now I harvest trees and rocks outside at night. It's so dark out the zombies that do show up still surprise me often but at least I'm gaining resources now instead of treading water.

I do whatever I feel like because I turned off running zombies. My justification was that I already know I can sit in a safe place for half an hour, I don't need to do it over and over every night. It's also pretty fun to battle zombies in POIs when its dark, adds to the atmosphere.

wow had no idea we could distract them with rocks gonna try that one.

But normally after i spent my skills and done some cooking i crouch in a corner and go for a cigarette lol. only on day3 atm tho, havnt got the balls to go outside and farm at night yet

I work on the inside of my fort. Last night spent the night running wiring to my lights and trying to remember how all that worked since it had been awhile since I played A16. Got it set up though and lit up 3 rooms in my base to a switch I can throw for all lights at once! My base is already fortified for horde night so if I get action at night I just run up to the ramparts and shoot anything coming my way.

I used to spend all night digging underground paradises but this build I've had to come out of my hole and live above ground and I gotta say I'm enjoying that change, so this is what the outside world looks like at night? Awesome!

I turned off zombies run at night a long long time ago though since I only want ferals to run and prefer the more Romero style normal zombies myself.

Except for those very foggy nights, you usually have a good portion of the night lit up by the moon, so visibility is not much of an issue when moving around at night. I try to use those hours best I can, most possibilities have been listed already, but I repeat some:

-Harvest mats on surface boulders/trees, while sneaking and looking around every time my stamina needs to regen.

-Sneak kill Zs for xp with the bow. I used to hate the bow, was always a melee/firearms user, but I'm starting to like it a lot. Get "Hidden Strike", "From the Shadows" and maybe also "Boom Headshot" perks and you're doing well enough at pre-lv20.

-Travel to quest locations so I don't use time for that during the trader's opening hours.

As soon as it gets too dark (Usually the first ~30 minutes and last hour of the night on 60min days) I take a smoke break on a big rock. (Sorry, DaVegaNL)

At nights in A17 EXPERIMENTAL, i just do F1, DM, F1, escape, and skip to the morning next day.

Unless i fancy staring at a black screen for 30 minuts, or have something else (like sorting,

planning next day etc) to do.

I did have a roaming horde, which i fought off with 1 molotov. (thank you lucky).

maybe also "Boom Headshot" perks and you're doing well enough at pre-lv20.

As soon as it gets too dark (Usually the first ~30 minutes and last hour of the night on 60min days) I take a smoke break on a big rock. (Sorry, DaVegaNL)

No maybe, get the boom headshot it pairs so well with hidden strike.

Oh, yeah, I work my smoke break into the night too...no point wasting daylight.

Archived