Updated Asset bundle export script for Unity 2018 and A17

xyth

A New A17 / Unity 2018.2.x Export script is available. It will make the exported objects compatible with Linux, Mac OS and Windows shaders. No more pink textures in game! This MultiPlatformExportAssetBundles.cs script is now available on my github Repo. Thanks to Sphereii for creating it!

https://github.com/7D2D/Templates-and-Utilities/blob/master/MultiPlatformExportAssetBundles.cs

To download easily, go here: https://github.com/7D2D/Templates-and-Utilities then find MultiPlatformExportAssetBundles.cs and right click on it then select "save link as". Save the script to your desktop, then with Unity open, drag it into your asset folder.

The Old A17 / Unity 2018.2.x Windows only version of the ExportAssetBundles.cs is still available on my github Repo. Thanks to Sphereii for creating it.

https://github.com/7D2D/Templates-and-Utilities/blob/master/ExportAssetBundles.cs

• 4 weeks later...

Using Unity 2018.2.10f1

getting an error trying to get a simply cube into the game.

Did everything according to xyth video tutorial.

made a blocks entry not sure if that is where the issue lies but I get this error when trying to load anything

2018-12-28T00:53:21 47.561 ERR Loading AssetBundle "X:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods\ZTLModIcons/ZTLModIcons/Resources/ZTLCube" failed!
2018-12-28T00:53:21 47.561 ERR Model '#@modfolder(ZTL Mod Icons):ZTLModIcons/Resources/ZTLCube?CubePrefab' not found on block with name stovetest
2018-12-28T00:53:21 47.561 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed
2018-12-28T00:53:21 47.561 EXC Model '#@modfolder(ZTL Mod Icons):ZTLModIcons/Resources/ZTLCube?CubePrefab' not found on block with name stovetest
Exception: Model '#@modfolder(ZTL Mod Icons):ZTLModIcons/Resources/ZTLCube?CubePrefab' not found on block with name stovetest

Here is the block code

<block name="stovetest">
<property name="Class" value="Campfire"/>
<property name="Material" value="metal"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="stove"/>
<property name="MultiBlockDim" value="1,2,1"/>
<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>
<property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:ZTLModIcons/Resources/ZTLCube?CubePrefab"/>
<property name="HeatMapStrength" value="0.2"/>
<property name="HeatMapTime" value="1200"/>
<property name="HeatMapFrequency" value="25"/>
<property name="Stacknumber" value="15000"/>
<property name="EconomicValue" value="360"/>
<property class="Workstation">
	<property name="Modules" value="tools,output,fuel,input"/>
	<property name="Collide" value="melee,bullet,arrow,rocket"/>
</property>
<property name="WorkstationIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_campfire" />
<property name="CraftActionName" value="lblContextActionCook" />
<property name="CraftIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_spatula" />
<property name="OpenSound" value="campfire_open" />
<property name="CloseSound" value="campfire_close" />
<property name="CraftSound" value="campfire_cook_click" />
<property name="CraftCompleteSound" value="campfire_complete_item" />
<property name="WorkstationJournalTip" value="campfireTip" />
<property class="RepairItems">
	<property name="resourceresourceForgedIron" value="8"/>
</property>
<drop event="Harvest" name="terrStone" count="0" tool_category="Disassemble"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="0,1" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceMetalPipe" count="1,2" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
<drop event="Destroy" name="resourceScrapIron" count="5,10" prob="1"/>
<drop event="Fall" name="scrapMetalPile" count="1" prob="0.75" stick_chance="1"/>
<property name="FilterTags" value="floot,ffurniture"/>
</block>	

Inside the resources folder I have the ZTLCube.unity.3d file not sure why it is not working. Was able to do this pretty easily with the A16 version no problem. Followed the video exactly to a T with collides and tags and everything. Is there something different now on how we should be doing the Unity stuff? I did notice there was a huge change on the Texture Options.

Even SDX loaded.

So found the issue and finally got it to work

<property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:ZTLModIcons/Resources/ZTLCube?CubePrefab"/> doesn't work like some suggested

<property name="Model" value="#ZTLCube?CubePrefab"/> no longer works

<property name="Mode" value="#@modfolder:Resources/ZTLCube.unity3d?CubePrefab"/> apparently this is now the correct way to get them in.

Think xyth should make an updated tutorial as I am also interested on how to add a vehicle to this now, because example I imported a free humvee model that was an obj and the scaling was way off and couldn't figure that out.

• 4 weeks later...

A New A17 / Unity 2018.2.x Export script is available. It will make the exported objects compatible with Linux, Mac OS and Windows shaders. No more pink textures in game! This MultiPlatformExportAssetBundles.cs script is now available on my github Repo.

Thanks to Sphereii for creating it, and Mumphy and Khaine for testing compatibility on Linux and MacOs/OSX

A New A17 / Unity 2018.2.x Export script is available. It will make the exported objects compatible with Linux, Mac OS and Windows shaders. No more pink textures in game! This MultiPlatformExportAssetBundles.cs script is now available on my github Repo.

Thanks to Sphereii for creating it, and Mumphy and Khaine for testing compatibility on Linux and MacOs/OSX

Is there any difference for users who use only Windows?

(for example, my other code/changes for my mod would still not be compatible with other platforms)

If all your users have windows machines then there is no difference other than the windows only version makes slightly smaller files. If one of your users is using a Linux or macintosh computer, they may see pink textures if you don't use the new script.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty new to modding and whatnot, but I'm trying to export a model I made. I used the ExportAssetBundles.cs once before and it worked just fine. I made some small changes to my model and wanted to export it again, but I keep getting errors in the Unity console. I went and grabbed the new MultiPlatform script but it gives me errors too. When I right click on my prefab I no longer have the option to build the bundle.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using Unity 2018.3.4f1 if that matters.

Here's the errors I get: https://imgur.com/6VV3T6l

• 10 months later...

Hi, ty for this it's great!

I'm using unity 2019.1.14f1,

I'm creating a rock. It looks great.

I'm using hdrp lit

It exports fine. 7 days accepts them but strips them for no vertex on the models.

I get pink rocks in game.

Or black n white garbage rocks.

I have a rx580 with shader model 5.1 so it's not my hardware

I've stripped the whole thing down and redone it twice.

Plz halp.

Is hdrp lit a custom shader? If so you may need to force that shader into the package as its probably not standard in unity so wont be in the games shaders.

Pink rocks generally means no material is found, white rocks means there is a material but no texture.

Many times if you import an .fbx or .obj that has embedded materials then change an instance of that in the hierarchy the export will reference the imported .fbx/obj and not the one you modified. You can resolve this by extracting the materials (right click on the imported .fbx/obj and in the inspector go to the materials tab. use the extracted materials instead of the built in version, and then apply the textures to those extracted materials. that will solve the pink and white issues.

Archived