Too much zombies inside houses?

toores

As I understand it there are the normal POIs and the "Dungeon" POIs. I like the POIs as they are, but agree that the non dungeon POIs could be handled a little different. If the Dungeon POIs had some kind of RED X painted on the door - or INFECTED etc newer players would know that this building isn't easy pickings for beginnings.

I would strongly advise you read signs. "Doggos" or "Fight the bears Free Beer" are pretty clear indicators of what you're getting into.

It's fine there's a good number of zombies in some of the house and only a few in others as it should be? The problem is the sheer lack of zombies out in the world and the streets barring the daily wandering hordes. Really bums me out as I've been wanting to go back to A15 levels of pre-sleeper shenaningans out in the world, it feels so damn desolate now.

Agree it's starting to feel tedious at times. The biggest and almost game breaking bug for me is respawning sleepers, clear out a room, basement or attic, go bit further, turn around and zombies even cops have spawned right next to me. I can put up with a lot of bugs but this nearly made me quit.

Agree with random numbers, it's good we can't freely enter towns and buildings and expect to loot everything we want, but the numbers really need to be toned down. Once you workout how to deal with them, it's just doing the same thing over and over, even if playing always run, lead a few out kill those, repeat that 5-8 times. Gets repetitive.

Jump scares, cheap but 1 or 2 jump scares can make memorable encounters but multiple jump scares in most poi's is too much. It's like a Halloween movie and Michael Myers just keeps getting back up after being killed x number of times.

I'm not a big fan of game stage, I'd prefer difficulty set at all times, make it so some areas/towns quieter less zombies (but bad loot) and really difficult irradiated cities (with much better loot). I bumped GS way up in A16 so irradiated showed up day7 and it was great fun knowing I wasn't all powerful, felt way more survivally.

The problem is that the number of zombies in POIs and wandering hordes are not properly tied to game stage. When a single level 5 player with a game stage of 10 encounters the same number of zombies as a group of 4 players at level 50 and combined game stage of 300, you realize something is not right. The only thing game stage changes is type of zombies, not the numbers from what I have been able to tell.

This is true, but very significant. 10 grunt zombies is absolutely not in the same league as 6 Ferals, 2 Irradiated Spiders and a few Cops, which is what the 4-player group would be fighting. And please do not reply that the level 5 player may meet a Feral or two, he might, but my point still stands.

Plus the lone player gets all the loot in POI to himself, instead of a quarter of it.

imo the problem is not in the number of zombies, it is the bullet-sponge nature of their HP. Because one thing is for sure, the lone level 5 player will take MUCH longer to clear the POI, regardless of zombie types in it than the group. And the time factor IS significant.

The solution is to decrease the difficulty till they balance things further. And hopefully move away from bullet sponge cheapness in the design.

Is it bad that I don't care how many zombies are in a house anymore since my local trader had a chainsaw? Buzz buzz rip rip boys.

Well, yes? :p I tried the chainsaw and was expecting a16 effect. 10 seconds and the darned snow zombie is going strong, and I'm quickly heading towards joining his clan :p

-->

Granted the snow zombie is harder than regular zombies by a bit, but ... based on performance, I think I'd stick to a club :p

I'm not a big fan of game stage, I'd prefer difficulty set at all times, make it so some areas/towns quieter less zombies (but bad loot) and really difficult irradiated cities (with much better loot).

That would be horrendous. I probably wouldn't be playing the game with that design.

Day 9, I had a regular cop, a feral soldier and a radiated feral cowboy in a barn.

I can't imagine what weapons and armor would I need to ivestigate some huge POIs. At that point my ony option was cloth armor which is not worth it mobility wise.

Reduce your difficulty setting then. A17 on lowest difficulty is easy most of the time and will still deliver the odd POI full of challenging zombies, which seems to be the type of POI variety folk are asking for in this thread. It'll be challenging but not automatic death.

As I understand it there are the normal POIs and the "Dungeon" POIs.

Correct and I certainly feel the number of dungeon POIs is much too high in comparison right now. Not from a difficulty point of view but from TIME. It hurts the game that almost every POI can take hours (in game) to clear. The player - especially a solo player - does not have that time to spare. Time is perhaps the most valuable commodity in the game.

It's fine there's a good number of zombies in some of the house and only a few in others as it should be? The problem is the sheer lack of zombies out in the world and the streets barring the daily wandering hordes. Really bums me out as I've been wanting to go back to A15 levels of pre-sleeper shenaningans out in the world, it feels so damn desolate now.

I agree. I finally discovered that difficulty 3 was right for me in A17. For the BM horde. But that difficulty level makes the zombies in the world outside horde night far too easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree it's starting to feel tedious at times. The biggest and almost game breaking bug for me is respawning sleepers, clear out a room, basement or attic, go bit further, turn around and zombies even cops have spawned right next to me. .

Respawing inside a POI while I am still in there clearing has never happened to me, in 2000+ hours of this game.

Well, yes? :p I tried the chainsaw and was expecting a16 effect. 10 seconds and the darned snow zombie is going strong, and I'm quickly heading towards joining his clan :p

-->

Granted the snow zombie is harder than regular zombies by a bit, but ... based on performance, I think I'd stick to a club :p

No man, you have to saw them in the face. With +75% headshot damage, they go down quick.

Is it bad that I don't care how many zombies are in a house anymore since my local trader had a chainsaw? Buzz buzz rip rip boys.

Chainsaw vs zombie is not what it was in A16. You'd almost be better using your fists the chainsaw is so weak. I got one in an air drop, chopped down some trees and for giggles killed a few z's with it.... promptly went and sold it.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct and I certainly feel the number of dungeon POIs is much too high in comparison right now. Not from a difficulty point of view but from TIME. It hurts the game that almost every POI can take hours (in game) to clear. The player - especially a solo player - does not have that time to spare. Time is perhaps the most valuable commodity in the game.

^^^ This!!!

As a solo player, I can attest to this. Time management for a solo player is the most difficult part of the game.

I'll add to the conversation that gamestage needs to be addressed. Been finding a bunch of post of people not killing zombies on purpose to try to keep down gamestage for the first horde. I'm 99% certain that this was not the intention of the devs.

Maybe tie the gamestage to the days:

Day 1-7 easy mode to get you started.

Day 8-14 then checks for your level and gear/stats?

Day 15-+++ you get the point

I'm not proposing this as the only solution, but there MUST be another way than the "trying to keep your gamestage low".

Archived