Buried Treasure: Please Fix

HabitualGaming

So,

Previously it was a little bit of a pain to find "buried treasure" and it was pretty much an option to do or to skip. Now with the questing system it almost seems necessary to venture out and look for this so called treasure. HOWEVER, with the new stamina issue, I am currently (as in as I type this) on a quest for such a thing. Running around to the location (that's fine, and normal for the game) finding the location, crafting a stone shovel, and trying to get as much stamina banked up as possible.

I start digging and the quest area is SOOOOO large (also goes under a building) I find the best place to start, clear the area of any zed's, and begin the trek. I dig for 1/2 a day (in game time) then realize night is coming soon, find a place to hold up for the night so I can start fresh in the morning.

I make a small wooden hut to hid in for the night, eating and staying hydrated so I am ready in the morning. Morning comes I get back down to the quest area, once again kill off any zeds lingering, then again start the digging process. Between the over 40 bottles of water and having to repair my stone shovel who know how many times, I start thinking, this is about a STUPID process. Now I guess I can skip any of the buried treasure quests, but honestly that's all that is left for me to do. This is a TIER 1 TREASURE QUEST, mind you.

Now, I'm about to hid for my second night and still no treasure found. All I ask is this, CAN WE NARROW DOWN THE DANG POC AREA? Thank you!

I guess, if you say so.

Yes, you can. There is a perk for that.

Understood, but really the point was this was a tier 1 quest, obtained at day 2, attempted at day 3-4. There are so many necessary places to put points at this level, block damage, healing over time, stamina, master chef so I can actually cook simple foods/drinks. I just don't see the reason ANYONE would skip over all that to get a perk that helps with a couple quests here and there. I guess skipping questing until you are ready to commit points towards unnecessary perks would be a thing. Thanks!

I had similar difficulties finding a treasure where the area overlapped a house. I found the chest within one of the walls of the building, occupying an empty block where there would normally be a wall, so i'd advise looking closely in all the walls of the house your treasure area overlaps. Hope this helps!

I've always used frames to narrow down the spot... Go north until the treasure indicator stops flashing, put down a wooden frame, then go south and put another down... Find the spot as best you can in the middle and repeat east to west... Within a small 3 or 4 block area, I've always found the chests... It's a very simple way to narrow it down and if you have the perks, it makes the distance of the frames even smaller...

I'm not sure but something about this post doesn't sound right. Usually by day 3 I have already obtained the materials for and or found a forge ad am using iron tools not stone. Besides that, I don't understand the whole comment about building up stamina and forty bottles of water. And then the comment about master chef? I know the game is different on PC so maybe he has a point, but on console, by day three I'm ready for said maps, even without the perk. That being said, Walterstj's suggestion really does work.

I'm not sure but something about this post doesn't sound right. Usually by day 3 I have already obtained the materials for and or found a forge ad am using iron tools not stone. Besides that, I don't understand the whole comment about building up stamina and forty bottles of water. And then the comment about master chef? I know the game is different on PC so maybe he has a point, but on console, by day three I'm ready for said maps, even without the perk. That being said, Walterstj's suggestion really does work.

Totally normal for a starter. I assume it's his first map.

Personaly i read treasuremaps when i got my 3 points in treasurehunter.

Well, im on a second attempt to find one treasure from the quest the trader gave me, but on this second attempt i have wasted 4 metal shovel by now, im on the 5 shovel, digged a area really big and somewhat deep and no treasure. Spent 2 point to lower the area size, but no no. Marked the area with some wood frames to know where the dig can start and im sure i can put all the zombies on the world inside this huge deep hole.

• 2 weeks later...

Just so you know, dig down 3 blocks then out in any direction. You never need to dig deeper. If it is o a hill sometimes you xont have to dig at all, just look around and you will see the ground messed up. If it is ever in the water you dont have to dig at all. It will always be on top. If the treasure in around a house or building most of the time it is inside and you dont have to dig.

I dont know what day you are on if you are trying to do the treasure maps for ammo or dukes coins. But in either case if you look and kill zeds you will.have a good amount of ammo and things to sell to.the trader. I never have to make ammo and I always.have more then I know what to do with.

When you have the extra 30.points to put into treasures I would advise waiting until then. I have them down pretty good where in most cases I only have to dig 2 blocks and find it. That's on flat ground though. The other times it only takes a few minutes

Archived