Vehicle speed, too slow by default?

Gornemant

Finally got to craft a motorcycle (after failing to craft a bicycle and minibike from lack of acid) and I have to say that the default speed (no upgrades, haven't found any upgrades either) is waaay too slow, to the point of being too slow to even outrun a vulture, which is kind of ridiculous.

Got to try the 4x4, which seems to be a tiny bit more bearable? At least it feels a tiny bit faster by using shift (which didn't seem to do anything with the motorcycle), but again the default speed of these seem horribly slow.

Could the default speed at least be a little bit higher since engine quality is not a thing anymore?

Motorcycle default speed (as with all vehicles) is too slow and thus pointless.

But you should indeed get a turbo (shift key) with your motorbike just the same as your are getting with your Jeep. sounds like a bug?

The motorbike on turbo is the fastest vehicle in the game. It's pretty fast. However my gut feeling tells me it is still slower than an A16.4 level 600 engined mini-bike.

Yes. Too slow.

On the other hand, it sure beats running 100 meters and being winded and zeds catch up and kill you for the 100th time that night ;)

They also need to do more damage to zombies, and blocks when you run them over. Now it looks somewhat comical, you run a cop over with a bicycle and he goes literally flying into the air and take hardly any damage :p Same with the truck, motorcycle etc.

Maybe need to wait for the damage mods? :)

/Ved -

Three things i expect from a vehicle are (in decending importance):

1. Having additional storage for looting.

2. Not using stamina when travelling (for any sudden fighting or quick exploration).

3. Travelling with higher speeds than running.

At this moment i only crafted a bicycle and it doesn't have any storage. So i guess i will stay with the minibike or motorcycle. But who knows, maybe TFP will patch things.

Motorcycle default speed (as with all vehicles) is too slow and thus pointless.

But you should indeed get a turbo (shift key) with your motorbike just the same as your are getting with your Jeep. sounds like a bug?

The motorbike on turbo is the fastest vehicle in the game. It's pretty fast. However my gut feeling tells me it is still slower than an A16.4 level 600 engined mini-bike.

I'll have to check that again, a speedometer or something would make it more accurate than my gut feeling though.

Yeah, the A16 600 engined mini-bike was waaaaaaaay faster than that.

Also completely off topic: I've seen people complain about the mouse for turning, though you can switch between that and the old A D key with free look by left clicking (or shooting).

Three things i expect from a vehicle are (in decending importance):

1. Having additional storage for looting.

2. Not using stamina when travelling (for any sudden fighting or quick exploration).

3. Travelling with higher speeds than running.

At this moment i only crafted a bicycle and it doesn't have any storage. So i guess i will stay with the minibike or motorcycle. But who knows, maybe TFP will patch things.

Bicycle has 9 storage slots

The blue quality motorbike I built in B199 was pretty fast, at least when holding shift. Honestly I think the "turbo" speed should just be the default speed, since there seems to be no point in not using it all the time. Unless they're planning to make fuel much harder to come by in future patches, which I don't hope is the case.

Archived