A17 and PVP totaly disappointed

NeferPitou

i see that TFP have hit the PVP community really hard on this update i have a friend of mine have posted this but no one of the devs or the mod team replayed so i am posting again to let the dev team know that PVP players are not quite happy...

this post has been taken from @gorenuke

-

-

Now before reading this, i must point out that i am a pvp player that has spent most of my ingame time on pvp servers, so my perspective on things might be a bit different compared to players who focus more on pve or single player.

And since we are collecting all the bugs we find on the server i am admining on at the moment and sending it to the developers en mass, i will not go into that specific subject in this post.

Also keep in mind that this is just my OPINION based upon the game play experience i have had since the new alpha dropped, so here we go.

To me the game is just not enjoyable to play in its current state.

There is way to much stuff that affects your character in negative ways, losing attributes because you are to cold or to hot, hungry or thirsty.

And if your fortitude stat gets affected, say goodbye to that chunk of hp you just lost, because that stays at the level it was reduced to even after you managed to get rid of whatever debuff was affecting your fortitude stat.

Then there is the near death trauma debuff which is extremely detrimental for a pvp server, and will probably not be a very popular thing for the pve players either since the stat reduction you get has a pretty hefty impact on your character no matter if you play pve or pvp.

So instead of getting a bit of wellness loss when you die you are basically gimped until the debuff has run its course.

The stealth system is just weird now, before this alpha if i was careful enough i could pick off the zombies inside a building with a bow and not alert anybody. Now it seems like you get detected no matter how hard you try to stay silent, i make one loud sound and everything with or without a pulse comes over to run a train on me.

Which brings me to my next point, the zombie density in POI`s is crazy, i was trying to stealth my way into a small military compound the other day, but after alerting the zombies i ended up running for my life with a literal conga line of zombies trying to bite off my kneecaps. I swear, it was like watching one of those clown cars unload more clowns than the laws of physics says should be possible, a small horde of zombies combined with a pack of zombie dogs just exploded out of the tents.

There is also to many things that affects your characters movement, strafing slows you down, reloading slows you down, armor slows you down, running backwards slows you down, having to much stuff in your inventory slows you down. This is annoying enough in a pve setting, but it is downright painful when trying to do pvp. The new movement system is very clunky and makes you feel like all your movements are very slow.

The stamina management is actually worse than it used to be, there is to much downtime linked to the stamina system, starting a new character on a server is now even more of a chore than what it was in previous alphas, especially now that you cant rely on beer or other similar consumables to keep you moving the same way that they used to.

I realise the developers might be going for realism, but then they add a honestly ridiculous perk that allows a player to bounce around like super mario, it looks so weird. And besides, this is a game about surviving the zombie apocalypse, it does not have to go for realism points.

Lets talk a bit about the new skill system, with the new system there is no more leveling your skills organically as part of your characters progression, no more digging to raise your mining skill, no more trading to raise your barter skill, no more shooting a rifle to raise your rifle skill, no more looting to raise your scavenging skill. Its all just perks, and points, which is a very generic and bland mechanic.

The looting part of the game is lackluster to say the least, its just not very engaging, and it does not give you that same feeling of reward you used to get when you for example lucked out and found a complete sniper rifle with decent quality.

Also there is the matter of the 1 claim block you can have, now this affects pve players as well since even on pve servers there are people with sticky fingers who likes to break into other peoples homes and do a little bit of low key raiding. But i have played most of my almost 3k hours on pvp servers, and i have seen people build some crazy awesome bases that would not be possible or secure enough with just 1 claim block. I don't really understand why this change was even implemented.

The one thing i did enjoy was the gun customisation, its fun to be able to change up your weapon for different situations, and makes the gunplay more interesting and personalised.

But even this has a drawback since the gun parts system was swapped out for the new gun modification system. I say this because i have been admining or moderating for one of the bigger pvp servers for a while now, and finding guns with identical qualities, and identical gun parts was one of the ways we found players who were duping items.

Now the armor customisation is a good idea in theory, but in practice it just adds another fiddly mechanic you have to deal with. Having to modify every new set of armor you wear will become very tedious, especially for a pvp player who might lose his gear on a relatively regular basis. But on another note, i do appreciate the fact that the armor you repair no longer loses quality.

The new vehicles are cool looking, and the bicycle is a good addition to the game in my opinion, and is offsetting some of the stamina issues i mentioned earlier. But unfortunately there are drawbacks here as well, the new vehicles suffer from the same rubber banding we saw with the minibike, to some degree it is even worse considering that none of these new vehicles seems to be able to reach the same top speed that you could with the old minibike. On a more positive note the vehicles don't seem to glitch into the ground like they used to.

I will include a clip of a player trying to ride the bike on a low population unmodded server:

It feels like the developers just took stuff from Rust, DayZ and Scum, put it into a blender and shipped the results as the new alpha, its not very fun, it feels very generic and bland, and has taken away a lot of what made the game feel unique compared to the other survival games out there.

This was a game that was relatively difficult to get into, you had to learn all the tricks of survival, but when you mastered it all, you were a wasteland soldier, now its just a grindy chore which is not very enjoyable, not even for the veteran players that has stuck with this game for many many alphas.

This alpha feels tone deaf, and unsure of what it wants to be, it adds all of these rather tedious "realistic" mechanics that feels like busy work for the players, but then dumb down a lot of the more interesting mechanics.

All in all i don't enjoy myself when playing this current alpha, there is just to much micromanagement and tedious mechanics for my personal taste. I play to have fun, to shoot other players, to build awesome bases, to kill some zombies, and go on adventure with my buddies, not to feel like i am just going through the motions while working at an assembly line.

The developers had a winning formula here, it just needed some tweaking to get rid of all the bugs and some new content, but instead of sticking to what a lot of players enjoyed about their game, they drastically changed how the game and its mechanics function.

-

something that his post has missed is the bugs that breaking the exp of PVP like gamma and field of view this is just pethetic why there is even an option that can rise your gamma 200% and make the night even brighter then the morning i wish the gamma will be removed or at least max is 100%

the field of view is another story some people are using it to find underground bases and i hoped that TFP will fix it but you know they made it even worst as you can see in this video https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/497859767381917716/515614924416745502/Mein_Film.mp4

hopefully TFP will read this and decide that PVP now is a huge part of the game and they shouldn t make this game just for PVE and Single player

thank you reading this :) please understand this in a way of PVP prespective

Here to mock some future replies:

"7d2d isn't pvp"

"You can just mod it"

"You just want everything handed to you"

"A17 is just different, get used to it"

"You just want spamcrafting back"

"You had fun for so many alphas, you already got your moneys worth"

"Ppl always criticize when a new alpha releases"

"It's TFPs game not yours so they can do what they want"

"It was always meant to go in this direction"

"It's early access, so don't complain"

Probably missed a few. But the most annoying ones I got :p

And yea. A lot of your concerns are at least valid. But don't expect them to listen.

"7d2d isn't pvp"

"You can just mod it"

And yea. A lot of your concerns are at least valid. But don't expect them to listen.

this is why i don t post in this forums anymore "You had fun for so many alphas, you already got your moneys worth" like you kidding me right i am trying to help here if you don t see that every one is free say his opinion .."7d2d isn't pvp" fortnite wasn t battleground and now look where it is "It's TFPs game not yours so they can do what they want" how old are you ? "Ppl always criticize when a new alpha releases" this is what richard asked for As always TFP is interested in all constructive criticism and feedback this is feedback

"7d2d isn't pvp"

"You can just mod it"

"It was always meant to go in this direction"

"It's early access, so don't complain"

lol. just pick one...

Well, it's a shame if PVP'ers feel like they're being ignored, I certainly hope they're not (even though I strictly forgo PVP myself).

OP - there's a lot of discussion on the forums about the LCB change being reverted, or at least moved to the XML's so server owners can re-configure it easily. Hope the second one happens at least, because currently it'd take a DLL mod, with all the implications that brings.

There's also a lot of discussion going on about level gating, so you may want to add your voice to a thread there also if you're not a fan of it.

A lot of your other concerns can be legitimately put down to a (very) experimental build, which will hopefully be ironed out. Also, please do keep in mind, not wiping the map between builds can lead to some seriously screwy results.

I'd also ask - how many players on the server where you were encountering the vehicle rubber banding?

Archived