TIPS: Found a way to kill Bears!

humprey

Just run backwards while shooting arrows, they cant hit you with their melee attack since they will stop moving while attacking.

That's all thank you!

Day 2 and I got bum rushed by a bear while in a garage (the one with a car and chemistry station). I got trapped in the little cubbyhole space by the (locked) back door and the bear was stuck between the front of the car and the wall with his head right in front of me. After I stopped screaming I realized he couldn't turn to face me so I just head shotted him until he died.

Moral of the story is, garages are death traps for bears.

Day 2 and I got bum rushed by a bear while in a garage (the one with a car and chemistry station). I got trapped in the little cubbyhole space by the (locked) back door and the bear was stuck between the front of the car and the wall with his head right in front of me. After I stopped screaming I realized he couldn't turn to face me so I just head shotted him until he died.

Moral of the story is, garages are death traps for bears.

wahahah nice!

I panicked when the bear rush me too, and i tell myself nah better shoot him while walking backward since we cant run backwards anymore. And just discovered that bear cant melee us bcuz the bear stop moving every attacks.

wahahah nice!

I panicked when the bear rush me too, and i tell myself nah better shoot him while walking backward since we cant run backwards anymore. And just discovered that bear cant melee us bcuz the bear stop moving every attacks.

Its the same with dogs, wolves and boars too. If your walking backwards you'll rarely get hit. The bear has a bigger pause than the other animals though so I am unsure how well it'll work with mutiple dogs. I actually killed a bear on day 1 with a wooden club/iron reinfeced club by just walking backwards while power attacking it in the face. Took a LONG time though, and I must have walked backwards over 400-500 meters before it died, was much faster using the bow to do it.

With bears you can hit them with either a club or shoot them with a bow while walking backwards and you won't ever get hit like that, however with boars and especially wolves/dogs you will occasionally get hit doing that but they dont take many hits so usually you'll still be alright.

You aren't the only one who misses it. :apathy:

3e7lK4a.jpg

Nope not same thing :p Boomstick was not a blunderbuss

"The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington, S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger."

Just run backwards while shooting arrows, they cant hit you with their melee attack since they will stop moving while attacking.

That's all thank you!

the only problem with this strategy is that you will hit a tree/boulder/wall and get killed:)

Archived