Help A17 Zombie just ate my 32GB of ram. Impossible to join a 16x16 MP w/EAC

ShivanSps

p4cTqm6.png

This is the thing a newly created A17 b208 server with a fresh 16x16 random gen map and EAC enabled is just imposible to log on due to EAC kicking the player before finishing the first tasks (Download and Init the World), EAC will timeout and kick the player. Making it impossible to join.

On the process the A17 also uses an insane amount of ram well passing 16GB of ram on the process.

16x16 worlds are greyed out in generation for a reason. RWG is still not finished for A17 but they let us play with it anyway. There’s a memory leak for the 16x16 map size i believe so it eats all memory. In a future patch during A17e we will have fixed RWG I’m sure. I look forward to ridiculously large 16x16 worlds tbh

16x16 worlds are greyed out in generation for a reason. RWG is still not finished for A17 but they let us play with it anyway. There’s a memory leak for the 16x16 map size i believe so it eats all memory. In a future patch during A17e we will have fixed RWG I’m sure. I look forward to ridiculously large 16x16 worlds tbh

And maps that size will really bring the use of vehicles into play as well.

As a work around you might try turning off EAC on the first load. The lag is because the game no longer generates the map as you go, but generates the whole thing at once, so it takes forever to generate a map that large. You'll need to turn off EAC, and then let it sit. Once the map generates and you save it, then it should load faster the next time around. Let us know how it works.

Archived