Trying to Connect to Server & Timing Out

zero_gpg

We are trying to connect to Alpha 17 B208 - all parties are using the latest version of the game.

Hi Guys, my self, Zero and 2 friends game a lot of 7DTD and recently one of my friends can no longer connect to the local host game on my PC. We have tried unistalling the game and resetting everything back, even to the extreme of removing Steam and reinstalling it. My other friend and a friend from the states are able to connect with no issues.

But when we try to connect to his game, we get hit with the same issue, Connecting to Server and timing out. It confirms our passwords, but thats about it.

We have checked the network, we can all play other multiplayer games with no issues or errors.

Is this something that you are aware of? Any advise you can provide would be very much appricated.

Wolf is the name of my friend who cant connect, i have attached the log file from his game.

Zero is my game name, i have attached mine and added out names to the files.

Wolfs Log - output_log__2018-11-28__21-08-50.txt

Zeros Log -output_log__2018-11-28__20-04-13.txt

I had this issue with a custom map size checked the console as i was connecting and the problem was trying to download the map then EAC kicking me for it taking too long. I disabled EAC and was able to connect with no issue. Try it out

Yesterday I read an issue where EAC could possibly cause connection issues so I disabled it. Later on that night my friend tried to connect to me again and it worked. I can only imagine turning this off in the game launcher is the fix, at least for me.

Having a similar issue with a friend of mine, if he host, i can never connect to him, if i host, he can sometimes connect, then gets the " waiting for steam authetication" problem.

in about 15 tries, he got into the game twice. Both times, he crashed when he clicked on join party.

Edit: Just tried on alpha 16.4 and it worked, so the problem i have seems experimental related.

We found that discord is causing some problems. Anyone that wants to join my game has to exit discord and rejoin it after they connect. Never experienced this type of issue

A few months back, discord started putting overlays on games. I've now deactivated this.

So far, the problem appears to be resolved.

So just to update you all. We are a little closer i think to resolving the connection issue. Wolf used he mobile phone data and thethered his phone to his PC. Using this data he was able to connect to the game, but connection was laggy, which is to be expected.

He contacted his ISP and was advised that no ports were blocked or any form of IP's on there side, but yet, he is still unable to connect through his main ISP connection.

Has anyone else experienced this?

So just to update you all. We are a little closer i think to resolving the connection issue. Wolf used he mobile phone data and thethered his phone to his PC. Using this data he was able to connect to the game, but connection was laggy, which is to be expected.

He contacted his ISP and was advised that no ports were blocked or any form of IP's on there side, but yet, he is still unable to connect through his main ISP connection.

right now 2 of my house computers work and the therd one gets kicked. both of the onse that work are vary powerful gaming pc but still take a long time to load. im gessing its jsut taking too long for people to get in and its kinking them becose of disconection time.

We are having same issues with A17, it was fine in A16

Server is set to 12 Players, cant seem to have more than 2 at a time? third can join if its me connecting via LAN

EAC has never been on as its a passworded server, no need for it, so its not that ..

After a few tests I am seeing that when someone is connected Via LAN, no one from internet can join, others from the LAN can..

When players from internet are playing, I can connect Via LAN, But, no one else on internet can join ..

A couple times after I quit game from LAN, internet user cant join unless they restarted game

I think this is same issue

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?93961-Cannot-connect-to-friend-s-P2P-server

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I have the same problem as Wolf, when I connect through tethering using my mobile phone I can connect to the servers normally, but when I'm using my home internet connection I cant't. I can play any other online games without problems, even 7 days in the alpha 16.4 version. But the alpha 17 only works if I use my phone .

Have you found a solution to this issue? I'm desperate = (

Something just isnt right with multi-player. My dedicated server is being hosted from my home in Singapore. I have people from Singapore, China and Estonia connecting. When people from the US try to connect its a total crap shoot. Until yesterday, it was a complete failure. My son was determined to connect, so he just kept trying and finally, he was allowed to connect. The next person in the US, also was able to connect. The 3rd person was not able to for over 45min. We kept giving him suggestions - connect using the IP, logout and log back, let me log out and log back in, try double clicking the server name. It was (is) ridiculous to have to do this everytime we get a group together. Even the person in china and the one in Estonia sometimes have issues. None of this happened with A16.

On my end, I have a static IP address. Sometimes people see my internal IP address. Other times they see my external IP address. My ISP has confirmed that nothing has changed since i last actively hosted 7days on my server.

This game, in my view, is the ultimate co-op game. If people cannot rely on consistent connections, it hurts the game. Why is this happening?

On my end, I have a static IP address. Sometimes people see my internal IP address. Other times they see my external IP address. My ISP has confirmed that nothing has changed since i last actively hosted 7days on my server.

I can confirm this is happening to me as well... running dedicated server on Linux via SteamCMD

• 1 month later...

I have a hosted 7DtD game at GTX in Dallas. I can connect to my server, obviously, as can people from Maine, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Arizona. However, I have another friend in Tucson Az who can not connect - although he lives 3 miles from a friend who can connect. We are all on a17.1 stable (B9?). He logs in, but times out. We have tried turning off EAC and in game talk, but nothing helps. Using Wireshark, we can see a connection to the server, and a string coming back, and he's entered the password once, but the files never download, and I don't see anything in the server console log. Really hoping for some ideas. Additional - he can connect to my PC hosted game, as well as other hosted games without issue - just my game times out.

Archived