B208 Wipe Necessary?

PinkLed5

I know it's always recommended to wipe and restart when an update is released, but I didn't see anything in the update notes that might break our existing world. Do you think we might be able to get away with not wiping this time around?

EDIT: I'm not interested in bug hunting/reporting, just don't want any major incompatibility issues effecting my gameplay.

Like on the 10th line of the notes

"We don’t want incompatibility bugs with previous builds so please remember to start a new game with each experimental update."

Not sure how much more plainly they can say it.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm not interested in reporting bugs, just playing.

My contribution to the game's development was buying 5 copies. Bug hunting is not a high priority for me. ;)

For what it's worth, my dedicated server on Linux dumps core every 10-15 minutes when I load up our 199 version of Navezgane with the 208 server. A fresh 208 Navezgane doesn't crash. I was going to submit it, then realized that converting old copies of the world is not a high priority for TFP, and I understand that. My players are a bit ticked about losing progress, but what can you do.

I'm planning to enjoy the restart by trying different perks this time around. I usually stick to arrows, so that's what I went with last time. Somehow I missed that power attack was a thing until late in our old game. That alone makes melee better.

- - - Updated - - -

Always wipe.

That's a useful suggestion for out-of-game, too!

I have had zero issues holding my save to v208. In fact, the continuity helped accentuate many of the balance adjustments, like bleeds, acid, and melee attack speed. In fact, when the patch hit, I had JUST encountered the console-glitch-crash on the day-28 BM horde. Updating the game fixed it when reloading hadn't.

I let the patch overwrite all my xml meddling and haven't run into any untouched issues since, so +1 for version stability.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm not interested in reporting bugs, just playing.

My contribution to the game's development was buying 5 copies. Bug hunting is not a high priority for me. ;)

I generally don't wipe unless it specifically mentions to wipe because of some mandatory reason or if it's related to RWG reasons.

Way back when they updated more frequently, like before Alpha 13 or 14, i would usually just restart a new game each update.

If you plan to bug report, then you should wipe and not use mods.

I have had zero issues holding my save to v208. In fact, the continuity helped accentuate many of the balance adjustments, like bleeds, acid, and melee attack speed. In fact, when the patch hit, I had JUST encountered the console-glitch-crash on the day-28 BM horde. Updating the game fixed it when reloading hadn't.

I let the patch overwrite all my xml meddling and haven't run into any untouched issues since, so +1 for version stability.

I'm running a dedicated server over LAN and we've had zero issues so far continuing our save, too.

I have seen one problem in b208. The placing of Torches on walls which were built before this latest release is borked. For us, all north-facing walls now have no torches on them (though they produce light as if the torch were there - we discovered the torches were in fact inside the wall block), while all south-facing walls have all torches floating a half block in the air in front of them. It is as if all torch placement was shifted out by 1 half block. Even if we place new torches onto these walls they do this (i.e they either disappear into the wall or they float in front of it).

I have seen one problem in b208. The placing of Torches on walls which were built before this latest release is borked. For us, all north-facing walls now have no torches on them (though they produce light as if the torch were there - we discovered the torches were in fact inside the wall block), while all south-facing walls have all torches floating a half block in the air in front of them. It is as if all torch placement was shifted out by 1 half block. Even if we place new torches onto these walls they do this (i.e they either disappear into the wall or they float in front of it).

Likewise, had to exit out and turn no clip on to get into the wall to remove the eraant torch.

Nobody having issues with zeds in POIs not attacking when you enter? Since the B208 update, every POI has this issue for me with POI zeds stuck in passive mode.

I haven't wiped yet, but I will, if I know for sure that there isn't a fix available. Anyone?

Archived