Mod idea (Help) "Schematics Inventory Mod"

AnsontheToad

I have the idea of making a separate Inventory just for holding schematics. I think creating a separate inventory tab or area in the ui wouldn't be all to difficult however the issue I have is I have no Idea how to limit it to only schematics or books. I tried looking into how clothing was limited but that doesn't seem to lead me anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

It looks like Clothing is tied to the character and is what limits its location in the character equipment screen. Looking at Mods they are limted by tags in the items they mod. So in theory I should be able to make and item a book and "tag" the schematics to allow them to slot into the book for storage. Now if i can test and see if i could make the book openable and be able to easily move schematics in and out.

I am currently in the process of making a mod that will utilize this same concept of restrictive slots and using an item to open an inventory, even trying to add more slots to the character page to equip other items. I haven't been able to find much yet, but I will definitely let you know when I find something that can be used. Hope we can find something, cause my idea is something I've been asking for, but had no luck with the feature being added in A17. Your idea sounds really freaking great and I really want it to see it come to life!

Archived