Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
KingSlayerGM

KingSlayerGM

CONCLUSION:

If anybody is interested here is what we found:

• using a grayscale 16 bit dtm.png works, however the game will convert it to 8 bit, so the world will look blocky
  • imagemagick works fine to convert a 16bit grayscale png to raw and the world will be smooth
  • if you are using python to generate the world: you can use numpy to save a uint16 2D array to raw image using ndarray.tofile('dtm.raw') and the world will be smooth
  • i couldn't get any dtm.tga file to work

I hope this will help others too :)

Special thanks to 7d2dMP for his patience :)

KingSlayerGM

KingSlayerGM

CONCLUSION:

• using a grayscale 16 bit dtm.png works, however the game will convert it to 8 bit, so the world will look blocky
  • imagemagick works fine to convert a 16bit grayscale png to raw and the world will be smooth
  • if you are using python to generate the world: you can use numpy to save a uint16 array to raw image using nparray.tofile('dtm.raw') and the world will be smooth

Special thanks to 7d2dMP for his patience :)

KingSlayerGM

KingSlayerGM

CONCLUSION:

• if you are using python to generate the world: you can use numpy to save a uint16 array to raw image using nparray.tofile('dtm.raw') and the world will be smooth

KingSlayerGM

KingSlayerGM

CONCLUSION:

• using a grayscale dtm.png works, but the game will convert it to 8 bit, so the world will look blocky
  • if you are using python to generate the world: you can use numpy to save a uint16 array to raw image using nparray.tofile('dtm.raw')
  • i couldn't get the tga file to work