Xyth's A19 - A17 Modlet Collection

xyth

On your video for billboards, the second billboard shown is PERFECTION if it can be just the screen without the pole or lights. SO much appreciation in advance to you for this. A drive in poi would look AMAZING with this attached :)

I wonder if it would be better to just give you a multidim plane, that could be placed on anything you craft out of blocks? So no model, just a 2D screen of a specified size that could be placed against a wall you build?

Made a 9 by 4.5 block flatscreen (HD dim) and it seems to work well. Im not sure what to do about the .5 as it leave a gap you cant fill in if you want a clean surround. i can make it 9 by 5 but there will be some video stretching on HD vids.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

I wonder if it would be better to just give you a multidim plane, that could be placed on anything you craft out of blocks? So no model, just a 2D screen of a specified size that could be placed against a wall you build?

Made a 9 by 4.5 block flatscreen (HD dim) and it seems to work well. Im not sure what to do about the .5 as it leave a gap you cant fill in if you want a clean surround. i can make it 9 by 5 but there will be some video stretching on HD vids.

The half block wont be any issue for me as i plan to make the background back with a red curtain on either side. That multi dim plane idea sounds VERY intriguing, not going to lie. That would make it very customizable to any area we build. I certainly would not turn you down on that one :)

Do it.

Xyth, You are an inspiration.

Thanks for your efferts. Cannot say enough how much I appreciate yours and others work of course on this game.

Right now I am more on the prefab side and map world creation. I am using Photoshop for altering rwgmixer pregenerated maps in raw format. I have changed the Rwgmixer to my needs. Dont want to place all prefabs myself. I am working on a Game of Thrones like world with a huge ice wall. But not medieval. Working on prefabs and the map since a few weeks. Quite obsessed with it. Finally we have the tools bringing in our own characters. The sky is the limit. The only constraint for me is time.

Edited by PeterB (see edit history)

Thanks. Time is certainly a constraint for most of us modders. I am looking forward to seeing you mod released!

Pushed the Theater Screens Modlet for you POI builders. Enjoy.

Thanks a lot xyth.

That movie theatre screen looks great. Many options with a custom music player and movie screens. Now I can make a decent strip club or bar while stripper zombies moving or even dancing in a cage. I could also mod the louche "Titty Twister". Dancing animations added to a female stripper zombie is the final touch. I have already some ideas. Great. Trader NPC will serve as a barkeeper. Npc could sit somewhere and offer some jobs while other Npc could sell you some drugs(buffs). Need to play with it a bit.

Some feedback regarding wandering traders. I have tried them now. They look very cool.

Only problem, they are just sliding now and then and also sliding while walking. But it is not always the case. Maybe you are aware of it, as it is a work in progress.

Edited by PeterB (see edit history)

Some feedback regarding wandering traders. I have tried them now. They look very cool.

Only problem, they are just sliding now and then and also sliding while walking. But it is not always the case. Maybe you are aware of it, as it is a work in progress.

I have not noticed sliding except on a few transitions. Did you edit the xml at all? I will check them again to see if anything changed. Thanks.

Hi xyth,

Regarding the new wandering traders, looks ok this time. Sometimes a tiny bit sliding while walking. Dont know why it was so much last time. Weapons sometimes missing while aiming on knees.

Nice Avatars. Do you buy it or create yourself? I am new to character creation, but surely give it a try. Thanks again for your efforts.

Hi xyth,

I am working my way thru MecAnim in Unity. For the wandering traders:

Do you have „Foot IK“ on? This should get rid off any foot slipping in the animation. Cheers.

Mixamo doesn't rig with IK and Root Motion isn't working in mecanim. This limits what we can do to control animations. The main issues is how the game calculates movementstate from the entity forward and strafe values. I am waiting for stable to drop before bothering to tune the bandits and trader animas. They are close enough in A 17.1 now, and A17.2 seems to have broken the animation speeds again. I won't fix that until A17.2 goes stable.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Holy b4lls, the screens are awesome :-)

I can confirm the path error. I have only the TheaterScreens installed in the new 172b20.

Here's the log:

2019-02-12T19:56:01 19.928 INF StartAsServer

2019-02-12T19:56:07 25.398 INF Block IDs with mapping

2019-02-12T19:56:07 25.398 INF BlockIDs from Mapping

WindowsVideoMedia error 0x80070003 while reading D:/Games/SDXModding/Game/A172b20working/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods/BillBoards/Resources/video00.mp4

Context: MFCreateFile

Error details: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden. (= system can't find path)

Track types:

(Filename: Line: 2506)

I created the BillBoards/Resources directory, moved the mp4 stuff there and it's working :smile-new:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27613[/ATTACH]