Xyth's A19 - A17 Modlet Collection

xyth

some localization support for bats

modBeanCanBat,items,mod,New,Bean Can Bat,,,,,
modBeanCanBatDesc,items,mod,New,25% chance to inflict bleed damage/ 50% on power attack.,,,,,
modCrownBat,items,mod,New,Crowned Bat,,,,,
modCrownBatDesc,items,mod,New,50% chance bleed on power attack.,,,,,
modNautilusBat,items,mod,New,Nautilus Bat,,,,,
modNautilusBatDesc,items,mod,New,50% chance to stun target with power attack.,,,,,
modBarbedBat,items,mod,New,Nautilus Bat,,,,,
modBarbedBatDesc,items,mod,New,10% chance to bleed target with regular attack 50% on power attack.,,,,,
modKanaboBat,items,mod,New,Kanabo Bat,,,,,
modKanaboBatDesc,items,mod,New,15% chance to stun target 50% with power attack.,,,,,
modNailedBat,items,mod,New,Nailed Bat,,,,,
modNailedBatDesc,items,mod,New,50% chance to bleed target on power attack.,,,,,
modSmallGearBat,items,mod,New,Small Gear Bat,,,,,
modSmallGearBatDesc,items,mod,New,Increases durability.,,,,,
modSpeedBallBat,items,mod,New,Speed Ball Bat,,,,,
modSpeedBallBatDesc,items,mod,New,Increases attack speed.,,,,,
modWeightGearBat,items,mod,New,Weighted Gear Bat,,,,,
modWeightGearBatDesc,items,mod,New,75% chance to stunn target with power attack.,,,,,
modBurningBat,items,mod,New,Burning Bat,,,,,
modBurningBatDesc,items,mod,New,damages type changes to burning.,,,,,
modSparkyBat,items,mod,New,Sparky Bat,,,,,
modSparkyBatDesc,items,mod,New,damages type changes to electrical.,,,,,
modGripRubberBat,items,mod,New,Rubber Bat Grip,,,,,
modGripRubberBatDesc,items,mod,New,lowers Stamina lossby 30%.,,,,,
modGripLeatherBat,items,mod,New,Leather Bat Grip,,,,,
modGripLeatherBatDesc,items,mod,New,lowers Stamina lossby 20%.,,,,,
modPommelHoundBat,items,mod,New,Hound Bat pommel,,,,,
modPommelHoundBat,items,mod,New,gain 2 hp per second while health is under 50%.,,,,,
modPommelPantherBat,items,mod,New,Panther Bat pommel,,,,,
modPommelPantherBat,items,mod,New,gain 1 hp per second while health is under 50%.,,,,,

Updated to Version 1.3

Changes include:

Added localization by Wolfbain5

Added Salvaged lathe workstation created by Chaos - crafted only. Make wood bats here. Will animate the lathe when time allows. Alum bats in loot only

Added required schematics for most bat mods and added to loot tables.

Added recipes for all the things - still need to add some additional items like tennis balls and gears to the game then will redo recipes

Adjusted some weapon mod properties on a pre-balance pass

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Is salvaged bats missing a progression entry? Cannot craft lathe or mods.

Yup, my bad. Will fix shortly.

Fixed. I removed the check against the progression xml. If you have the schematic, you can make anything in this mod.

Regarding repairing bats, I don't see how anyone could repair a aluminum bat so you need to find new one. Wood bats are not as good but you can always make a new one once you have a lathe.

...spent a bit trying to replicate your xythomatic in Unity, still couldn't figure out how you are adding the view to the new camera... I did end up hooking up a webcam to my scene and played around with Augmented Reality, although neither venture was particularly successful... =)

At this point, I'm certain it's an Xui thingie, which means I'll never do it 'cause I hate those xml's.

Just a FYI on the "Xythomatic" Xray device, it will appear to render very darkly in some biomes due to TFP adding a "fog" overlay onto the cameras to obscure distant terrain popping in. The device works very well is you use Dust2Death's HDHQ mod which removes much of that nasty effect. I won't make his mod a requirement for using the Xythomatic moddlet, but please be aware of its limited usefulness in some biomes like the burnt lands without his fixes.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't use SDX any more I have lots of problems with it I was using an elevator for my hotel in A16.4 I added a phone booth to the SDX and the program swapped the elevator and changed it to a phone booth it's hard to ride a phone booth in an elevator shaft lol

I know you have done a lot of work on the flags in unity I wonder if you can help me please to make 4 small items for my Castle The link below has my textures in order

1. Black Knight Reliable Bridge Security Poster "need this on a Block"

2. Black Knight Hanging Pub Sign "need this on a Block"

3. Black Knight Castle Coat of Arms "need this on a Block" so I can place it on my castle wall"

4. Black Knight Coat of Arms "need this on a Flag".

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipNF1G1Nlt67zj2kBqNJr8eXKOa_eCpgqGPN1mut

Do you think you can help with this

Best regards

Brian

Edited by BlackKnight (see edit history)

I don't use SDX any more I have lots of problems with it I was using an elevator for my hotel in A16.4 I added a phone booth to the SDX and the program swapped the elevator and changed it to a phone booth it's hard to ride a phone booth in an elevator shaft lol

I know you have done a lot of work on the flags in unity I wonder if you can help me please to make 4 small items for my Castle The link below has my textures in order

1. Black Knight Reliable Bridge Security Poster "need this on a Block"

2. Black Knight Hanging Pub Sign "need this on a Block"

3. Black Knight Castle Coat of Arms "need this on a Block" so I can place it on my castle wall"

4. Black Knight Coat of Arms "need this on a Flag".

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipNF1G1Nlt67zj2kBqNJr8eXKOa_eCpgqGPN1mut

Do you think you can help with this

Best regards

Brian

You don't need SDX to make the 4 things you want, and I made some video tutorials that will teach you how to easily do this. You can find those links in the tutorial section. Start here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72130-Creating-and-Exporting-Models-from-Unity-for-use-in-7D2D

@xyth - First I want to thank you for the great work and the tutorials for beginners like me to get into modding this great game. This is really inspiring to get deeper into.

I played around and successfully managed to get some xpath modlet stuff working the last few weeks (added bauxite ores, modded the forge to melt bauxite to aluminium, added recipes for sulfur, aluminium alloy, aluminium bars, lightweight high-strength aluminium alloy bars, added Sledge Hammers 44er Susi, recipes for dumdum bullets, Hollywood magazine extender etc. etc.).

Currently I'm trying to get into Unity and watched your FunwithFlags video tutorials.

I successfully created a pirate flag with your TutorialProjectTemplate. I can place the flag in game, it's there and looks great.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27427[/ATTACH]

Now I'm struggling with the problem that I can't pick up the flag or destroy it.

The tag on the "Assembly" is T_Mesh_B but I don't know how to go on or debug this kind of stuff.

I'm totally new to Unity and it's kind of overwhelming.

I guess it's not implemented in this first flag example in the TutorialProjectTemplate and this "feature" was added to later versions ?

thx & greets - sledge

Glad the video helped. I learned the little I know about Unity just playing around and making lots of mistakes but it gets easier.

I assume your using the tutorial project that had the flag example in it?

Try moving the T__Mesh_B tag to the Polest object. In general, that tag should be on an object that has a collider component. I guess when I did that example I never tested picking it up. I will fix that.

If its not that, then you might not have your xml correct. Do you have a these lines in your xml? <property name="MultiBlockDim" value="1,5,1"/> and <property name="CanPickup" value="true" /> ?

I uploaded a version 2 of the tutorial template with the fix. It has the new export script as well.

Hey Xyth! Is there a way to increase the probability of the Junk Items? I added a recipe to craft Scrap Polymers using Acid, Oil, Glue, Cotton and Scrap Rubber. Only problem is I can NOT find scrap rubber anywhere. I think since I installed the mod a week ago, I have found like one rubber item. :( Even with loot cranked up to 500%, and the Dev Loot Glasses.

Hey Xyth! Is there a way to increase the probability of the Junk Items? I added a recipe to craft Scrap Polymers using Acid, Oil, Glue, Cotton and Scrap Rubber. Only problem is I can NOT find scrap rubber anywhere. I think since I installed the mod a week ago, I have found like one rubber item. :( Even with loot cranked up to 500%, and the Dev Loot Glasses.

You can edit the loot.xml file. Easiest way would be to increase the number of times the rubber lootgroup is listed in the JunkItems lootgroup. So this would triple the chance of rubber items over other types:

<lootgroup name="itemJunk">

<item group="paperJunk" />

<item group="steelJunk" />

<item group="rubberJunk" />

<item group="mechanicalJunk" />

<item group="electricJunk" />

<item group="clothJunk" />

<item group="plasticJunk" />

<item group="woodJunk" />

<item group="stoneJunk" />

<item group="brassJunk" />

<item group="ironJunk" />

<item group="electronicJunk" />

<item group="glassJunk" />

<item group="leadJunk" />

</lootgroup>

Alternatively, you could just add the scraprubber item directly into the vanilla <item group="itemJunk" /> group list with it dropping multiple counts

Yes, thx, problem solved:

I moved the tag to the polest object.

For possible future tutorial improvements:

I had not played around with it because the tutorial explains this relatively clearly (however, the tag is set to Assembly there): in the first video (Unity2018Tutorial01) at 06:55 explaining T_Mesh_B.

Thank you - sledge

I see version 2 is online, I'll check it...

Edited by Sledg3Hammer (see edit history)

You can edit the loot.xml file. Easiest way would be to increase the number of times the rubber lootgroup is listed in the JunkItems lootgroup. So this would triple the chance of rubber items over other types:

<lootgroup name="itemJunk">

<item group="paperJunk" />

<item group="steelJunk" />

<item group="mechanicalJunk" />

<item group="electricJunk" />

<item group="clothJunk" />

<item group="plasticJunk" />

<item group="woodJunk" />

<item group="stoneJunk" />

<item group="brassJunk" />

<item group="ironJunk" />

<item group="electronicJunk" />

<item group="glassJunk" />

<item group="leadJunk" />

</lootgroup>

Alternatively, you could just add the scraprubber item directly into the vanilla <item group="itemJunk" /> group list with it dropping multiple counts

Awesome! THX!

I was just looking at the Loot.xml... and was think if I add in this...

<insertAfter xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name=empty]">

<lootgroup name="junkPersonal" count="1">

Or maybe next to rubberJunk add (count="1,3" prob="1")

It would tweak the chance and amount too.

Gonna give it a try right now. :)