Stallionsden Mods & Modlets

stallionsden

I didn't, but I thought it was out of date. I was sitting here trying to make my own. I wanted to get the vault doors to upgrade laterally into an unlocked version of themselves, then upgrade normally from there. Each at half the usual price. So ultimately, to go from Vault 1 > Vault 2 would cost the same resources (12 forge) but you would first spend 6 to unlock it before using another 6 to upgrade it.

So am I to understand the door unlock mod still works as intended?

EDIT: I also tried giving a vault door two different upgrade paths: one with forged iron; another with scrap iron. Only the one at the bottom of the list took. It didn't break anything in the game, but upgrading it with my nail gun only gave the same result. Even if I only had one resource or the other in my backpack. So much for thinking outside the box.

I'm just going to make a buff that gives you crazy metal damage for a few seconds so you can punch your way through one vault/safe etc. It's a dirty workaround, but it'll work.

EDIT 2: I figured it out. Thanks to KhaineGB over at https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?95976-Lockpicking-Modlet

All you have to do is change the "Class" of a door from "SecureDoor" to "Door". I thought as much, but didn't see any examples to confirm it anywhere. But sure enough, upgrading a door now unlocks it. So I'm going to have fun with that. I think to balance it I'm going to have to do as he did, and make unlocked versions of the doors that open with lockpicks, and then those upgrade to the next level. Otherwise, you're going to have to carry a lot of Forged materials with you wherever you go, and that's no bueno. It's gonna make it harder to make impromptu defenses in the wild, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

I didn't, but I thought it was out of date. I was sitting here trying to make my own. I wanted to get the vault doors to upgrade laterally into an unlocked version of themselves, then upgrade normally from there. Each at half the usual price. So ultimately, to go from Vault 1 > Vault 2 would cost the same resources (12 forge) but you would first spend 6 to unlock it before using another 6 to upgrade it.

So am I to understand the door unlock mod still works as intended?

EDIT: I also tried giving a vault door two different upgrade paths: one with forged iron; another with scrap iron. Only the one at the bottom of the list took. It didn't break anything in the game, but upgrading it with my nail gun only gave the same result. Even if I only had one resource or the other in my backpack. So much for thinking outside the box.

I'm just going to make a buff that gives you crazy metal damage for a few seconds so you can punch your way through one vault/safe etc. It's a dirty workaround, but it'll work.

EDIT 2: I figured it out. Thanks to KhaineGB over at https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?95976-Lockpicking-Modlet

All you have to do is change the "Class" of a door from "SecureDoor" to "Door". I thought as much, but didn't see any examples to confirm it anywhere. But sure enough, upgrading a door now unlocks it. So I'm going to have fun with that. I think to balance it I'm going to have to do as he did, and make unlocked versions of the doors that open with lockpicks, and then those upgrade to the next level. Otherwise, you're going to have to carry a lot of Forged materials with you wherever you go, and that's no bueno. It's gonna make it harder to make impromptu defenses in the wild, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

yeh thats what pretty much valmars door unlock mod does lol. Like i said i had forgotten bout it lol. with all my mods and vals and my prefabs i tend to miss some haha..

But glad you got it still tho I would fully prefer to be able to use lock picks on doors to unlock them, more realsistic to.

yeh thats what pretty much valmars door unlock mod does lol. Like i said i had forgotten bout it lol. with all my mods and vals and my prefabs i tend to miss some haha..

But glad you got it still tho I would fully prefer to be able to use lock picks on doors to unlock them, more realsistic to.

Yeah, more realistic is pretty much the key phrase here - lockpicks can break while you're using them, so it's not that easy to open and most importantly with Valmar's mod you could see that the door was literally falling apart and then out of sudden it was like new again, just unlocked lol

Yeah, more realistic is pretty much the key phrase here - lockpicks can break while you're using them, so it's not that easy to open and most importantly with Valmar's mod you could see that the door was literally falling apart and then out of sudden it was like new again, just unlocked lol

Yeh definately . Wonder if tfp are gonna allow us to be able to code in lock picking doors like you do safes. But only hack you can do at the momebt for doors is valmars and what khainegb and tristam have said/done. Kinda sad

Yeh definately . Wonder if tfp are gonna allow us to be able to code in lock picking doors like you do safes. But only hack you can do at the momebt for doors is valmars and what khainegb and tristam have said/done. Kinda sad

Well, they solved it with C4, but honestly I think that while it's surely cool and whatnot, C4 is not exactly easy to come by. You have to really invest a lot of points to get there and then it's not exactly cheap to craft just one of them, let alone couple of them just to be able to open some regular doors to save time, so lockpicks would make much more sense in that area, plus they are much more silent too. In real life you don't normally use C4 to open regular door even with barricades either, so that part was an oversight in my opinion.

Well, they solved it with C4, but honestly I think that while it's surely cool and whatnot, C4 is not exactly easy to come by. You have to really invest a lot of points to get there and then it's not exactly cheap to craft just one of them, let alone couple of them just to be able to open some regular doors to save time, so lockpicks would make much more sense in that area, plus they are much more silent too. In real life you don't normally use C4 to open regular door even with barricades either, so that part was an oversight in my opinion.

C4 doesnt really help the stealth players tho lol haha. Haha gave me an idea on a mod lol. Edit the demolisher so you can craft him and have him run at the door 😅🤣😅🤣

FRIENDLY ANIMAL HELPERS

Adds a random chance spawn of an animal (Including zombie versions) that they will come to your aide/rescue

Can they be taken home/tamed? Looking for something along those lines. Btw, put some of your other modlets on my server & everyone on there is loving them! Great work!

Can they be taken home/tamed? Looking for something along those lines. Btw, put some of your other modlets on my server & everyone on there is loving them! Great work!

Thank you and glad you all are enjoying them :-) .

The animals you cant unfortunately. It use to be that way prior to a16. However the follow code has been removed by tfp.

They just spawn randomly and attack zs at this stage. But yes ultimately thats what i would lile to have them do.

Thank you and glad you all are enjoying them :-) .

The animals you cant unfortunately. It use to be that way prior to a16. However the follow code has been removed by tfp.

They just spawn randomly and attack zs at this stage. But yes ultimately thats what i would lile to have them do.

DMT NPC mod would most likely help with this. It's limited to human characters for now, but I'm pretty sure it can be updated to support animals too and eventually it probably will.

DMT NPC mod would most likely help with this. It's limited to human characters for now, but I'm pretty sure it can be updated to support animals too and eventually it probably will.

Yeh i have no wishes at the moment to make dmt mods at this stage. (I dont know csharp stuff) but will look into other ways.

This weapon gunTacticalAR was found in a blue tarp pallet, it has big red interrogation picture instead of a gun. Do you have any weapons mods I didnt know? That weapon is listed at line 185 of loot.xml

no it is in the game files but hasnt been properly added by tfp til A19. I shall remove it tomorrow unless you want it left in .

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived