After 4000 hours with a11-a16, I won't spend much time in a17x. Here's why... no fun!

Bubbahotetp

The fact that people are giving feedback and arguing their own points about how they feel the game is suppose to be is a good thing, it shows that they are passionate about the game and its development even though the feedback they provide is not always the most factual or non confrontational things written.

Its when people stop complaining that you should start getting worried, ofc is some cases it means that the player has adjusted to the new game experience and manage to find it enjoyable. But in alot of other cases it means that the posters has finally given up on getting their opinions through to the developers, and have lost the passion they had for a game they have dedicated so much time to, and are starting to move on.

The fact that people are giving feedback and arguing their own points about how they feel the game is suppose to be is a good thing, it shows that they are passionate about the game and its development even though the feedback they provide is not always the most factual or non confrontational things written.

Its when people stop complaining that you should start getting worried, ofc is some cases it means that the player has adjusted to the new game experience and manage to find it enjoyable. But in alot of other cases it means that the posters has finally given up on getting their opinions through to the developers, and have lost the passion they had for a game they have dedicated so much time to, and are starting to move on.

I was actually thinking the same thing.

The complaints are a sign of passion for how things were before. If "they" stop complaining their passion doesn't go away - it's their interest that's going away. I feel like that. I haven't played a17 for a very long time (maybe 20 hours max) and since a16 didn't get any love and support, but had to be changed, I feel like it died. I myself have no interest left in the past and in how things were. a17 killed a16 (7dtd) and that's just it. So now i end up playing neither. I have so much play time in the game (up to a17) so far and now I've lost interest and fanbois wanna make it my fault. What ever. There are tons of other games out there and I don't trust TFP any more. My impressions of them is not positive and my trust in them as a serious dev is shattered. Why would they scrap so many features in their previous version which were actually working perfectly? According to Wikipedia their initial plan was to release 7dtd 2014. They have upgraded to every new unity engine out there (which delays release, obviously) and this time, because of that or on purpose, deleted a record amount of already working features. What does that do? It prolongs the development time of one of the most played early access games on Steam. So is that the point? Who knows, but maybe. They sure knew they were in for a lot of heat in regard to the changes of a17 so all the complaining is not going to change anything. Why else not mention the removal of a lot of features in the dev youtube videos and why else release a17 to 100 youtube streamers? -> resulting in a huge drumming up of support for the new version. I'm "merely" 4000 hours of game play. But if 10.000 hours of gameplay, devided over 3 players say "No!" to this update, then there is not only a huge paradigm shift but also a lot of new problems and crap introduced that us non-teens are appalled by.

Do chickens eat chicken if you serve it to them? As weird as it is, yes they do. This is one of those cases and it's freaky.

R.I.P. a16.

This is probably one of the best rieviews of a17 up to date:

And make no mistake a17 is the chicken.

Can't you wait at least until stable build comes out and than start complaining? I mean there are fixes and balancing coming before stable - I mean everyone want to jump on A17 hype train and want to play experimental, even when TFP said there are bugs and balancing issues ( like in every alpha before ).

This is what you get from people who overplay early accessed games. Can handle anything that gets harder. Hates any change they see. I am sure TFP will not change the game to the previous alphas because of a rant in the forms.

Im also sure they will not change to the previous alphas because of a rant in the forums. But have you had a serious look at how many rants there are? Those, they might listen too. And this is the forum to express those concerns.

No fear of that. In the dev chat they keep talking about this version being the closest to the game they always wanted to make. And as far as it needing to be “a game for the players”. Well, today we shattered the record for number of players during experimental. A16 experimental was around 21k and today we hit 23k. It’s likely to grow this weekend as people around the world who don’t celebrate Thanksgiving end their workweek and have their first full weekend of playing.

The point is that A17 is appealing to many many players. Yes there are a lot of people here complaining compared to those who are praising but that’s mainly because 23,000 are playing happily. The game is not going to appeal to everyone. There is going to have to be one or two groups who wil need to mod it to how they like. The group that does like it though is plenty big enough to support the devs in their design decisions—at least initially. They still have at least a few weeks of work to do before A17 becomes official.

With respect, are you sure about that Roland. The number of people playing A17 is surely to be expected because people have been waiting with baited breath for 18 months for A17 to drop. It stands to reason that there will be a huge number of people playing it to see how it measures up.

That doesnt equate to everyone playing because they love the game now. That simply means everyone is trying it out, and a lot that try it out wont be back. Give it a few months and if the changes that are made are not pleasing to the people, I dont believe there will be HUGE numbers playing it for long.

TFP may be happy with where the game is now, but maybe not when the impact of negative feedback hits them in the hip pocket.

With respect, are you sure about that Roland. The number of people playing A17 is surely to be expected because people have been waiting with baited breath for 18 months for A17 to drop. It stands to reason that there will be a huge number of people playing it to see how it measures up.

That doesnt equate to everyone playing because they love the game now. That simply means everyone is trying it out, and a lot that try it out wont be back. Give it a few months and if the changes that are made are not pleasing to the people, I dont believe there will be HUGE numbers playing it for long.

TFP may be happy with where the game is now, but maybe not when the impact of negative feedback hits them in the hip pocket.

I agree. If they want to draw the conclusion that peak players after the release of a long-waited update, coupled with a massive sale is a good metric for measuring happiness, all I gotta say is its a very risky bet, but I hope they're right.

This is what you get from people who overplay early accessed games. Can handle anything that gets harder. Hates any change they see. I am sure TFP will not change the game to the previous alphas because of a rant in the forms.

Frankly this game has been an early access game long enough for EVERYONE to overplay it as an early access game...

Archived