Explosive crowsbow bolts and pipe bombs

Bhaaltazar

Has anyone else played with these... just testing things around in creative and I noticed that explosive bolts and pipe bombs do no damage to zombies - blocks does get damaged.

Anyone knows if this is intended or its just a bug that will get fixed down the line?

I don't mind if they re-balance it some, but at current level they are doing no damage to zombies.

Early testing with explosives isn't very promising. You can't even count on a direct rocket blast to kill a normal zombie. I should know, I fired three of the things and didn't kill a single one.

I suppose if you're REALLY good at those janky-ass throws that pipe bombs would be pretty effective at softening a wandering horde, though. Too bad you need a workbench for them.

Early testing with explosives isn't very promising. You can't even count on a direct rocket blast to kill a normal zombie. I should know, I fired three of the things and didn't kill a single one.

I suppose if you're REALLY good at those janky-ass throws that pipe bombs would be pretty effective at softening a wandering horde, though. Too bad you need a workbench for them.

Yeah, found a lvl 1 rocket launcher with 6 rockets early, and fired them at a bunch of zombies. The first ones died after 3 rockets, so I guess low level rocket launchers are very ineffective...

Yeah, found a lvl 1 rocket launcher with 6 rockets early, and fired them at a bunch of zombies. The first ones died after 3 rockets, so I guess low level rocket launchers are very ineffective...

I'd say it has more to do with poor explosives balance in A17.

This is sad news. Because with the amount of zombies in A17 (not complaining! Love it), we are going to need some serious AOE. I was hoping explosives would do it but now I'm hoping the heavy metal perk will help.

I thought an undead bear was bugged but I too fired a bunch of rockets at him thinking one hit, but he took about 4 rockets, 2 frag rockets, and still killed me.

Archived