A17 is there a way to roll back on previous build b198?

Bhaaltazar

Yeah, lots of bugs in 199. Without being a pedant I think the previous build was 197 not 198 but I get the point being made. As far as I can see there is no way to do that at present unless you can grab the files from someone who hasn't applied the 199 update yet then merge them into your current install.

If you go to the bug reporting thread - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94918-Alpha-17-Experimental-B199-bug-reporting-thread - you'll see some real game breakers so, personally, I don't think 199 will be with us for long. I'd expect a 200+ build to be put out there (even if it just resolves some of the bugs 199 introduced) pretty soon and possibly sooner than working out how to get 197 back onto your machine.

Best way, is to keep your own copy.

Each update I get, gets copied into a separate directory. So, I've got a number of A17 builds already in my main (non-steam) games directory, along with old alpha's going way back.

I don't believe there is a way to roll the Steam installation back a single build release.

Archived