JaxTeller718 Modlet Collection

JaxTeller718

Jax, first im waiting for Ravenhearst before I even get into A17.

Second until you release your mod im modding mine. Ive added bandits to my version, im missing something and don't understand. Both melee and ranged bandits just stand there. They attack but that's it.

I have tried

-Default entityclass and modified entityclass bandit

-Default entitygroup and modified entitygroup bandit

-Default utilityai and modified utilityai

In A16.4 Ravenhearst, all I had to do was copy melee and ranged bandit entity and paste them into enemyAnimal groups and they spawned just fine. Wondering if you could give me a heads up on how to get them to move around, and what line I might be missing.

Thanks

Taylorsd

Bandits UMA no longer work due to the new AI. If theres a way i havent seen it yet but maybe someone will find a way. UMA zombies do work though.

Work on RH has already begun, which is how these modlets are able to be shared, its all stuff I have completed ;)

Bandits UMA no longer work due to the new AI. If theres a way i havent seen it yet but maybe someone will find a way. UMA zombies do work though.

Work on RH has already begun, which is how these modlets are able to be shared, its all stuff I have completed ;)

Thanks for the feedback, i'll keep playing around with it..

It was all your extra zombies that made me play your mod so, its all cool, I can wait.

I did get a bandit to move around attacking zombies by changing the mesh and avatar controller, of course the bandit was insvisible though.

Thanks for making mods and modlets

SMX by Sirillion is looking like our go to choice again unless something crazy comes along. I have been messing with it a bit myself and came up with this

uc6j7lo.jpg

So may edit it to match the blue hue. That's not a finished product but just something i wanted to test out.

Kinda like the blue hue looks awesome. Nice work

ok so I have to say this and probably make your head swell .. lol i actually quit playing 7 days to die.. for over 7 - 8 months... only reason I came back was I heard about this Ravenhearst.. I played it one time.. and completely fell in love with it.. It made me scared to play the game again. It had purpose, it was challenge again, and for the most part.. It just made sense.. I mean everything. It just so happened when I came back that Alpha 17 dropped not too long after. Now I have my own server and using some of your modlets on it..

Just want to say thank you for making a game good again.

ok so I have to say this and probably make your head swell .. lol i actually quit playing 7 days to die.. for over 7 - 8 months... only reason I came back was I heard about this Ravenhearst.. I played it one time.. and completely fell in love with it.. It made me scared to play the game again. It had purpose, it was challenge again, and for the most part.. It just made sense.. I mean everything. It just so happened when I came back that Alpha 17 dropped not too long after. Now I have my own server and using some of your modlets on it..

Thank you so very much for the kind words. They are quite inspirational. I promise i have some great surprises n store for RH5, including all new creepiness and scares :)

Heres the line to change to get the Bandits to move around

<property name="AvatarController" value="AvatarLocalPlayerController"/>

Problems still of course with BanditEntity spawning, I got by this by copy paste banditmelee template into zombieJoeRadiated and removed the extends zombieJoeFeral line. Before B208 the melee weapons and ranged weapons showed up properly now they they are not.....but they move around and attack.

Just incase you have time and want to play around with it and put them in game, since I brought up the original question.

- - - Updated - - -

I second this, only reason I came back to Alpha 16.4

Even more modlets for you guys to enjoy including Ravenhearst dev Makabriels first!

JaxTeller718_AllZombiesWalk

JaxTeller718_FeralRadiatedLootBagChance

JaxTeller718_Lockpicks

JaxTeller718_ZombieXPRebalance

Makabriel_RealisticSafes

Cool Stuff, everytime i looked in, thx.

- - - Updated - - -

SMX by Sirillion is looking like our go to choice again unless something crazy comes along. I have been messing with it a bit myself and came up with this

uc6j7lo.jpg

So may edit it to match the blue hue. That's not a finished product but just something i wanted to test out.

Looks Great

I'm getting a error on startup and its not loading your spawning xml. It says WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" "jaxteller718_increasedwildernessspawns" did not apply. It says this like 4 times then I get a spawning.xml' failed

Nullreferenceexception: object reference not set to and instance of an object.

Update: The issue was the edit I did in the spawning xml to disable screamers. Do you by chance no a way to disable screamers?

I'm getting a error on startup and its not loading your spawning xml. It says WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" "jaxteller718_increasedwildernessspawns" did not apply. It says this like 4 times then I get a spawning.xml' failed

Nullreferenceexception: object reference not set to and instance of an object.

Update: The issue was the edit I did in the spawning xml to disable screamers. Do you by chance no a way to disable screamers?

Disable completely? ill have to check i can start by reducing heat from all stations and fires. that may at least reduce them greatly. let me cook something up for you tomorrow

Disable completely? ill have to check i can start by reducing heat from all stations and fires. that may at least reduce them greatly. let me cook something up for you tomorrow

Disable or at least stop them from spawning every 5 min with a cook fire only going. Gets a bit old having to deal with them all the time. Thanks for your mods and your time.

Added three new mods. Check first post for info

JaxTeller718_BetterXPBalance

JaxTeller718_TougherFarming

JaxTeller718_SmallerAnimalHordes

Also updated and rebalanced the following:

JaxTeller718_GunLootBalance

Lowered basic gun chances even further, removed guns from toilet, lowered them in desks and nightstands, added ammo to Shotgun Messiah boxes so it is not JUST gun loot

JaxTeller718_IncreasedWildernessSpawns

Added a second set of spawning zombies daily

JaxTeller718_LessFeathers

Reduced feathers by 1 count each.

Does your gun reduction include compound bows? There way to easy to get with the current game settings. Another question is if you make the bike at level 20 you still need to wait until 30 for workstation access to make it. Am I missing something here?

Any way to stop or at least reduce corn, potato, blueberry crops on random maps and or Navesgane? Really makes farming almost pointless with the abundance of crops on the map.

Does your gun reduction include compound bows? There way to easy to get with the current game settings. Another question is if you make the bike at level 20 you still need to wait until 30 for workstation access to make it. Am I missing something here?

Any way to stop or at least reduce corn, potato, blueberry crops on random maps and or Navesgane? Really makes farming almost pointless with the abundance of crops on the map.

The corn and crops changes will wind up occurring in Ravenhearst itself. We plan on going over all the pois that give huge amounts of crops and lowering them to only give a slight advantage. I'm with you though. My wife is the farmer and since 17 dropped she has been happy with the changes but is actually the one who pushed me to make farming a bit more difficult as right now all you need to do is find one of those POIs and your basically set up for the duration of the game.

True you still need a workbench, but offering the recipe at 20 allows you to find a working bench and make one sooner. In my last 2 plays i was fortunate and riding in style at level 20, but this current one no luck on a working workbench. I am planning a restructure of every perk gate for Ravenhearst and MAY include here in modlet form, but for now I figured the trade off on a bike earlier with having to find a RNG working bench was at least a slight band aid to the real issue.

- - - Updated - - -

what about reducing the zombie damage to blocks?

Not 100 percent on it. I can look into it but I tend to release modlets that I use in my current server and game, and Im finding zeds a bit too easy to be honest. I may do one just for the people who have interest in it though :)

True you still need a workbench, but offering the recipe at 20 allows you to find a working bench and make one sooner. In my last 2 plays i was fortunate and riding in style at level 20, but this current one no luck on a working workbench. I am planning a restructure of every perk gate for Ravenhearst and MAY include here in modlet form, but for now I figured the trade off on a bike earlier with having to find a RNG working bench was at least a slight band aid to the real issue.

I disable all stations on my map on generation so that makes your modlet pointless in my case. You didn't answer about the compound bows could you please? I don't see any thing in your files but wanted to make sure.

Archived