JaxTeller718 Modlet Collection

JaxTeller718

Humble question. Can I apply or modify the working sinks modlet to another modlet? I am using the hn unnecessarybutbeautiful mod and they have "sinks" that we can craft in-game without having to spawn them in. I'd like to make them working sinks using your sinkit mod. Any help or pointers?

Thanks for the advice. I got it working kind of. We can now craft working sinks in the modified modlet. I've been trying to reach out to the developer of the Unnecessarybutbeautiful mod to give him our "updated" version of it with working recipes and now working sinks. I want to make sure the original developers get the credit as I'm just mashing code together from both. It definitely helps me appreciate all the hard work that goes into these modlets.

Thanks for the advice. I got it working kind of. We can now craft working sinks in the modified modlet. I've been trying to reach out to the developer of the Unnecessarybutbeautiful mod to give him our "updated" version of it with working recipes and now working sinks. I want to make sure the original developers get the credit as I'm just mashing code together from both. It definitely helps me appreciate all the hard work that goes into these modlets.

Yep like Guppy said Im totally cool with anyone using these modlets to create anything they want. If you need any help let me know, Ive been scarce here but I should have some more time now to read up.

Also going to make sure all these work with the new experimental sometime this week. Like mr natural said assume that these work on stasble releases o ,ly, keeping up with experimental can be quite hectic :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Jax. I am using several of your mods and I am really liking them. So many are nice little improvements that are not over the top crazy...so thank you for sharing them.

I installed the LessBiomeClutter mod and it is working great. From it, I had hoped to figure out how to cut down on the number of stones found in the snow biomes (since most would be covered with snow). However, so far I have not been able to make it work. I have some coding experience, but am new to tinkering with XML, so I assume my syntax is wrong. If you are feeling up to it and would not mind, could you make a suggestion?

Currently, I set the values to 0 in order to see if the mod would work. However, on a newly generated map, there were plenty of rocks. I am using 18.4.

<config>

<set xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='snow']/subbiome[@prob='0.01']/decorations/decoration[@type='block' and @blockname='rockResource']/@prob">0</set> <!-- Def: 0.00033 -->
<set xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='snow']/subbiome[@prob='0.01']/decorations/decoration[@type='block' and @blockname='rockResource02']/@prob">0</set> <!-- Def: 0.00033 -->
<set xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='snow']/subbiome[@prob='0.01']/decorations/decoration[@type='block' and @blockname='rock05']/@prob">0</set> <!-- Def: 0.001 -->
<set xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='snow']/subbiome[@prob='0.01']/decorations/decoration[@type='block' and @blockname='rock06']/@prob">0</set> <!-- Def: 0.001 -->
<set xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='snow']/subbiome[@prob='0.01']/decorations/decoration[@type='block' and @blockname='rock07']/@prob">0</set> <!-- Def: 0.001 -->

</config>

• 2 weeks later...

Can you post these mods on Nexus? I hate github, can never figure out how to download from there. Nexus is much better,

It's a pain in the ass piecing together your mods to make them work. WAY easier if you just put them in a .zip file. Then everyone can enjoy them, not just people who know HOW to mod.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Increased Zombie Sight Against Players mod installed. However, grouped zombies that are further away (but still in range for gunshots) still don't hear gunshots nor see survivors. This makes for melodramatic battles against large zombie hordes since only a few of them will approach you at one time.

I even modified the JaxTeller718's values and further bumped the enemy's hearing and sight ranges from 10,30 to 100,100. Does anyone have any suggestions that can improve upon this?

<JaxTeller718>

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class/property[@name=AITarget-4' and @data='class=EntityPlayer,0,0,EntityNPC,0,0]/@data">class=EntityPlayer,100,100,EntityNPC,0,0</set>

</JaxTeller718>

FWIW, playing on "Survivalist" difficulty with daytime Zombies set to "Insane."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you Guppy!  Have the mod installed since yesterday and I sadly have not found a wrench yet. But when I do I will test it.

Also it seems that I have another problem. Besides the car respawn mod I also installed the Increased Wilderness Zombies (x2) mod (stable A18 version) and I am on day 3 and have not seen one single passive animal such as rabits, stags, boars. The Zombies spawns are fine. I definitly get more of it now and also a larger variety of different zombies. But it seems the animals are gone completly.

When I delete the mod the animals spawn properly. So it must be the mod. I don´t know if this can be fixed. But maybe you can look into it. I would very much apprechiate it.

I agree Guppy, but somehow it seems to me that it does. I don´t know how the animalspawn works in the game. If they can still spawn if zombies are very close by or if there needs to be a certain distance between them. The mod definitly works fine when it comes to the z´s. There are zombies everywhere, so no complains about that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi JaxTeller718

I have installed some of your mods and I really like them! I am using them on my dedicated server to play with my friends.

The only issue I have is a lockpick model modlet... It's seems like bugged or just doesn't work properly. Instead of lockpick model in the game my character holding some kind of peace of leather.... I had a look inside modlet folder, and everything looks alright. It has JaxTeller718_Lockpick.unity3d and I believe it should work (I have checked VehicleMadness modlet to make sure that unity3d file stored in the right location on Resources folder)

I am not good at making modlets but if I understand it right the line:

property name="Meshfile" value="#@modfolder:Resources/JaxTeller718_Lockpick.unity3d?lockpickPrefab"/>

is trying to reffer to lockpickprefab file? If I wrong, please tell me. 

I have read this thread and noticed that someone else here also had this issue before.

I have downloaded new modlet pack you made for A19 but lockpick modlet is not included anymore...

It would be great if you give me a hint on how to make it works :)

Thanks in advance!

Archived