RWG Question A17 Experimental

FastBurst

Correct because the biggest you can generate currently is the 8192 size, the largest size is actually disabled. TFP stated that in the release notes because they are working on speeding up the process for the maps.

However I am still trying to figure out the paint method for the biome.png and how to get that working properly.

Anyone figure it correctly? I know @tin gave some brief insturctions but not exactly sure when to do what steps and where.

As I understood it, he's using a mysterious script to make it work. But if there is a way, I'm pretty confident the devs will make it work sooner or later.

As I understood it, he's using a mysterious script to make it work. But if there is a way, I'm pretty confident the devs will make it work sooner or later.

What I am more interested in is trying to get the map to generate more water and mountains, doesn't seem to work with the new RWG. Tried removed some areas like the wasteland and Burnt_forest by taking them out in the bottom of the rwgmixer.xml file and all that but everytime it generates they are still there and nothing changes terran wise event with changing some of the settings in that file. Doesn't seem to change any of the terran at all not sure what I am missing.

What I am more interested in is trying to get the map to generate more water and mountains, doesn't seem to work with the new RWG. Tried removed some areas like the wasteland and Burnt_forest by taking them out in the bottom of the rwgmixer.xml file and all that but everytime it generates they are still there and nothing changes terran wise event with changing some of the settings in that file. Doesn't seem to change any of the terran at all not sure what I am missing.

Terrain gen doesn't really have anything to do with the biome generation.

You want more water and mountains then find this module:

<module name="wrld_Se" type="Select">
<property name="controlModule" value="lnd_Cntrl"/> 
<property name="sourceModule1" value="wrld2_Se"/>
<property name="sourceModule2" value="wtr_Refiner"/>
<property name="bounds" value="0.875,1000"/>
<property name="edgeFalloff" value="0.60"/>
</module>

Adjust <property name="bounds" value="0.875,1000"/>

0.875 to a "lower value". start by lowering by 5 so try 0.87 then 0.865, etc,.

This will increase water bodies and increase the mountains.

*Note*

You WILL need to gen a new world every time you make an adjustment.

Terrain gen doesn't really have anything to do with the biome generation.

You want more water and mountains then find this module:

<module name="wrld_Se" type="Select">
<property name="controlModule" value="lnd_Cntrl"/> 
<property name="sourceModule1" value="wrld2_Se"/>
<property name="sourceModule2" value="wtr_Refiner"/>
<property name="bounds" value="0.875,1000"/>
<property name="edgeFalloff" value="0.60"/>
</module>

Adjust <property name="bounds" value="0.875,1000"/>

0.875 to a "lower value". start by lowering by 5 so try 0.87 then 0.865, etc,.

This will increase water bodies and increase the mountains.

*Note*

You WILL need to gen a new world every time you make an adjustment.

Thanks @Tin - I will give that a shot and see what happens.

altering the biome.png is fairly easy if that's all you want to do. Just go download Krita (free btw) use the Pixel brush, choose the colors represented in the original file and paint away.

also found that the RWG sets the base height through this line

<terrain_generator name="vanilla" base_height="32" water_level="41">

increasing the 32 (i suggest increasing the water level as well otherwise you may not see water) will increase the height overall throughout the entire map. From what I've gathered the base 32 figure is roughly around the +44 to +46 meter level ingame.

I've only tested this on a handful of random gens I created, I am by no means a coder like Tin or Guppy, etc, so if a coder can look into it that'd be great, or, test on yer own =)

hope this helps other Mole People like myself out, hehehe

Hello could someone explain to me how to remove destroyed buildings from cities in A17. please

If I understand you correctly then the quick and dirty way would be to go into rwgmixer.xml and remove the lines containing "mp_waste_bldg_01_" and "waste_rubble_bldg_" and see from there. Or better yet, create a modlet that does that.

Archived