24 max players?

Hedge

Is it a bug or is it a feature? If it's a bug are you working on it? If it is a feature does it have to do with the memory leak? Is that why you limited the size of the maps or is that a bug? Player base is getting a bit worked up as expected and we are worried about losing players because they want answers and aren't getting much.

I'm going to guess it's a feature.

Only 8 players max have ever been supported. For a couple of years it's been well know that going over 21 active players online at once will have a very large tendency to cause problems. Not to even mention the issues caused by hitting the RAM caps with Unity in a16 with that many players online.

My guess is that it's for stability testing in Experimental. Reporting bugs when you are grossly exceeding what is supported isn't a good idea, and this will help to keep it under control somewhat. I'd say to be thankful that they didn't cap it lower at a number like 16, or even 8.

No offense but we are looking for something more than a guess. Maybe you could ask someone and get back to us with an answer.

There has been no statement from TFP altering the currently officially supported maximum player limit of 8.

Hopefully, one day it'll increase, cause that would be good for the game, but it hasn't happened yet.

No offense but we are looking for something more than a guess. Maybe you could ask someone and get back to us with an answer.

None taken, and I understand. It would be interesting to have hard data on this decision.

Do understand that that this isn't just a wild guess. I'm basing this theory on spending over four years providing support for the game.

looks like a bug. my server was hosting 34 players and no one was able to join for the 35. slot.

now (2 hours later) i can just host 33 clients. lol

AND the livemap (browser) loads only if you dont reach the actually connected client limit. so it is 100% a bug

Archived