stedman420

A17 Simple UI Modlets

I will teach you how to install one of the modlets, on Mac OS, in 14 easy steps that take longer to type out than to actually do.

Thank you very much, it worked, thanks for ending the suffering of how to install mods on Mac, I saw guides that you had to unpack the game, change I don't know what things, leave the folders, delete, copy and paste an endless number of things that They did not serve me, I was spoiling the game and had to reinstall it, but now thanks to you I can play with mods and have a better time!

Posted (edited)

I don't care for having three toggleable options for food and water display, rather just have one with no button. No matter how I remove the buttons or extra code it will display but never ever update. It's driving me nuts. How can I get this to simply display my current food and water WITH overfill, no button, and actually update when i eat and drink?

I have tried making all three options the exact same code and moving the button offscreen, displays what I want but doesn't update.

I have tried deleting the button code and changing the names so it displays the detailed with overfill, works but doesn't display the numbers on the bar and it never updates.

I have simply siwtched the names of the default and detailed, still loads the default as default. And again, doesn't update.

Why is this so damn picky lol? I'm not quite sure how to get this to do something SIMPLE

Edited by Nomadikhan (see edit history)

Thank you very much, it worked, thanks for ending the suffering of how to install mods on Mac, I saw guides that you had to unpack the game, change I don't know what things, leave the folders, delete, copy and paste an endless number of things that They did not serve me, I was spoiling the game and had to reinstall it, but now thanks to you I can play with mods and have a better time!

Glad it worked for you.

Happy Weekend,

REV6:7-8

Hey Stedman420, are you going to update your modlets for A19?

Last I'd heard he was no longer playing 7 Days, so odds are (sadly) really poor that he will even see this, much less update them. 

The LeftHUD mods are flat-out broken, and remove the current health/stam bars. I used ForgeInput, Compass, and CraftingQueue but I haven't had a chance to check those yet - I'm hoping they work at least a little, though ForgeInput and CraftingQueue at least appear to have replacements by KhaineGB that do the job. I personally never used any of the others.

I'm using the 120 backpack plus player build storage on alpha 19 and it's working fine. Also the vehicle storage is also working.

I'll check them after work myself. figured the huds would be broked, but the storage/crafting is what I'm really after.

I just did some checking, I can tell you Left HUD looks to be the primary broken thing (which is sad), but Compass definitely still works just fine.

Posted (edited)

the 120 slot backback with bigger player storage, the 2 boxes overlap. need to move the storage box left a bit.

ok, so why do mine mess up... hrm...  ohh wait...

nope, no go.

storage boxes overlap with the backpack, and not getting anywhere near the number of non-overloaded slots as before.

Only using the 120+player one, and the vehicle one. deleted the rest.

phooey!

Edited by canadianbluebeer (see edit history)

Yeah I got the 120 backpack size and player storage installed, but the player storage is overlapping the inventory screen. Needs the position fixed for player storage.

The Toolbelt mod displays right, however it makes it so that you can't move/remove items to the toolbelt

The Forge Input and compass seem to work ok

I was testing in Linux, so switched to windows to try. everything is updating now...

Should just be a matter of changing the position, but I can't see where that would go.

umf.

if you change the old setting(S420windowLooting" width="378" height="378") two name="S420windowLooting" width="1078" height="1078" they don't overlap and work fine.

y'all know I'm gonna be slorshed by the time I get these tested and working.

96, 120  either is way better than the default. (mind you, I can overload the 120 later on, but..)

yep, 1078 did the trick.

I'll try Khaines thing with the bars later. that's enough farting about with the mods for now.

Time to kill zeds and drinsksies moars beers.

(I've had a few....)

Canada Day tomorrow, so early start...

:D

thanks all.

3 hours ago, rommel64 said:

if you change the old setting(S420windowLooting" width="378" height="378") two name="S420windowLooting" width="1078" height="1078" they don't overlap and work fine.

Is that for the S420_SimpleUI-BiggerBackpack120-PlayerBuiltStorage?

1 hour ago, Zagan said:

Is that for the S420_SimpleUI-BiggerBackpack120-PlayerBuiltStorage?

yes

Posted (edited)

odd, the storage boxes while working now, don't seem to be bigger...   8x9 instead of the 13x11  hrmm..

ok, the secure storage box is the right size, but the wooden storage box is not. (the one that takes nails to make)

DISCONTINUED: Sorry to all but after much consideration I will no longer be updating or supporting any of my 7 Days mods.

• Sad 1

In the loot.xml for the mod add the below to get the Storage containers working properly.

Below this line - <set xpath="/lootcontainers/lootcontainer[@id='1']/@size">13,11</set>

Add this line - <set xpath="/lootcontainers/lootcontainer[@id='5']/@size">13,11</set>

Posted (edited)

Sorry to hear that.  The storage/backpacks mostly work.  Found the storage box issue.

what Weps said,  I just changed the 1 to a 5. adding the line does make more sense.

20 hours ago, stedman420 said:

DISCONTINUED: Sorry to all but after much consideration I will no longer be updating or supporting any of my 7 Days mods.

Thanks for all you've done for and given to the 7DTD community.

"Free" software development and subsequent support is often a thankless undertaking.

It may not have felt like it at the time, but your efforts were appreciated by at least some of us.

Cheers,

REV6:7-8

• Like 3

20 hours ago, stedman420 said:

Sorry to see you go.

You were one of my inspirations to start making my own modlets. Really appreciated your modlets, and the effort you put into them. 7 days to die community will not be the same without you.

• Like 4