This is a joke, right?

Patizor

I know this guy is overly harsh and a bit whiny with his criticism, but I don't think this is the right way to go for a community moderator. He may be slightly exaggerating some things, but he's not totally wrong...there's some merit to what he's saying.

1. There's as good as no loot form zombies. I killed nearly every one I saw from day 1 onward and saw no loot bags through day 5. It's quite jarring coming from A16 where every single zed had loot.

2. There seems to be some delay with bandages til they are...equipped? If you select them on your toolbar and try to use immediately, as one does in a heated combat situation, it won't work. You only have to wait a second or two until they work, but a second or two of continuous clicking while you are running/fighting for your life feels like an eternity. My first death was because I switched to bandages, clicked to use, and flipped quickly back to my club, not realizing the bandage hadn't applied.

4. He's not wrong. Knockdown recovery time compared to A16 is REALLY fast. It used to be that if you were quick you could get in 3-5 hits on a downed zed before it got up. Now, you get ONE if you're quick. If you're not, you get none.

6. The encumbrance system definitely needs work or at least a lot of further discussion. In its current form, I spend more time managing my inventory than doing literally anything else in the game. Yes, I spent perks to improve it, but level gates mean that even if I want to dedicate myself totally to an unencumbered lifestyle, I can't. The system may add some level of realism/challenge, but I don#t know that anyone can say it's fun. That's an issue that should be discussed, not dismissed. I doubt the OP was arguing in favor of weight-based encumbrance, and if he was I disagree with that as well, but something should be changed here.

The encumbrance system is a joke. Its a non factor. Spend the points and its gone forever. You can stack 1000's of concrete in that bag still and that alone makes encumbrance ludicrous. Either add real weight or just drop it. Its disappointing.

Zombie knockdowns is insanely easy. When they fall down you can get one hit in guaranteed. On the second hit, a power swing, you will 100 percent kill them everytime.

I agree 100 percent though on the points. I am STILL salty they removed actual quality levels. There had to be a way to incorporate this system now in with 1-500 craft qualities. Right now the only thing the craft quality controls is durability and mod slots. they really did decrease variety in your weapons and tools by doing that.

Well, while I don't agree with most of what you've said, I do thank you for putting it nicely though. :-)

Can I ask? You say zombies are no threat to you, what difficulty level are you on?

It varies, I was playing A17 on normal simply to try it out, so to be fair I don’t really know what the zombies on a harder mode in A17 are like. I was just basing my claim off of what I have seen so far. (They seem to have reduced the amounts of hits it takes to kill zombies, and while there is no walking backwards to kill, I can still kill them easily without being hit). Anyways I guess I can’t really say they aren’t a threat until I have tried them out on a harder version in this Alpha, sorry about that!

What is all this nonsense about blurry textures? We upped the resolution from 128 or 256 pixels per meter to 1024. We do have texture streaming which down reses some art in the game if you run low on texture ram but not wall textures. I hear talk of washed out textures too, have you checked your gamma? The default value is 32 I think now not 75 or whatever it used to be.

I think the problem is when you delete the game on steam and reinstall it still saves your old settings. I HATE THAT. When I click uninstall EVERYTHING should be deleted, ugh, computers.

What is all this nonsense about blurry textures? We upped the resolution from 128 or 256 pixels per meter to 1024. We do have texture streaming which down reses some art in the game if you run low on texture ram but not wall textures. I hear talk of washed out textures too, have you checked your gamma? The default value is 32 I think now not 75 or whatever it used to be.

you know I was experiencig the same stuff since I updated. Lots of lag, blurry textures, and the world looked down right horrible.

first thing I did was updated my graphics card.. it needed an update.

second thing I did was change the resolution to my game and upped the graphics settings in 7 days.

Now, im not experiencing any lag., all model textures look good or as did before.

My case scenario will not be for everyone but I guarantee if you mess with the settings to your specific needs it will get a lot better. I have an old machine with graphics card so if I can do that... everyone else can unless your computer is older than mines :D

• 5 months later...
I know this guy is overly harsh and a bit whiny with his criticism, but I don't think this is the right way to go for a community moderator. <SNIP> .

I'm with you on your main point. Having all paid for the game, we are ALL entitled to moan/whine/bitch/complain and more adjectives - to our hearts content. Jumping the guy like that is not the sign of good moderator skills. The very word moderate means not going over the top. I want a full phychoanlysis report on my desk by morning. 9am. Counter-signed by at least 2 qualified psychiatrists. Clear?

I'm with you on your main point. Having all paid for the game, we are ALL entitled to moan/whine/bitch/complain and more adjectives - to our hearts content. Jumping the guy like that is not the sign of good moderator skills. The very word moderate means not going over the top. I want a full phychoanlysis report on my desk by morning. 9am. Counter-signed by at least 2 qualified psychiatrists. Clear?

Well, I looked at my original post again then, and yes, it came off harsher than I intended to be. I'll cop to that.

I can even understand the need to vent every now and then, though perhaps we should have just a forum room called "Venting" where people can go and perform a digital equivalent of hitting a punching bag for an hour or so down at the gym.

The OP's points were factually incorrect though, so what they were venting about was not true, and how they went about stating their complaints didn't help their cause either.

But, as I say, my response could have been... better formed, in hindsight.

Sorry, I have to ask....

Why wait six months after the comment to drudge it back up? Is there no statute of limitations on snark?

You know how someone makes a remark and you walk away and then later you think of something that makes you say "Damn, I should have said..."

Well maybe this is like that and it just took 6 months to come up with the perfect reply.

I am not an internet lawyer but I don't think there is a statue of limitations on snark...but don't quote me on that.

Sorry, I have to ask....

Why wait six months after the comment to drudge it back up? Is there no statute of limitations on snark?

Well Roland, I have not waited 10 hours to respond to your post. I have just read it. And now I respond. Equally, there is no reason to assume that Steve Gad read Oz's comment six months ago, and then waited six months to respond.

Does that answer your oh-so-important question, buddy..?

the usual rules of forums that do not approve of the revival of old discussions ?

I don't understand this, well, so what if the old topic has become relevant again and wanted to continue?

What's the problem with that? someone explain to me, i would be very grateful.

PS: Oh yeah...and, I agree with the OP :)

Sheshh, where to start.

1. You're wrong. It's not NO loot from zombies. They occasionally still do drop loot, and when they do it'll be more likely to be good loot. It also stops them from being farmed loot pinatas.

2. You're wrong. You CAN use bandages on your toolbar. Don't know why you can't.

3. The black stamina bar is reflecting accumulated damage, it can be recovered by eating/drinking.

4. You're wrong. Zombies don't always leap to their feet after being knocked down. If not killed they will slowly get up, but you've got the opportunity to "hit 'em while they're down".

5. Perk points were advertised WELL in advance. Unless you've been willfully ignoring basically every post from the Pimps this should not have been a surpise.

6. Encumbrance can be overcome through spending on Strength related perks. It's slot based for simplicity, and I for one, would HATE to see a weight based system put in. Amongst other things this IS a building game and weight based encumbrance would KILL that dead.

7. Enjoy A16. Forever, if that's what you want.

You as a lawyer are right...formally. But essentially - rights OP.

---

We need other forum? well, you're too bent :) that would be a bad sign.

it is useless to calm the offended crowd - save your nerves.

Everything will go away. In any case.... can we will, all same, on this forum and not leaving on the other :D

Heh...mine too. Or at least I didn’t really expect a response for six months or so...
Yeah I know. You ask your question to declare the guy asking an idiot. Because he "waited six months to respond". Pretty clever of you, Roland, boss should shoot you a raise.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, just certain people. The rest aren't so bad at all.

-Morloc

Agreed. As long as one makes it clear that it's still a great game and the devs and their mouthpieces are still great guys, you can get away without being systematically ridiculed.

Yeah I know. You ask your question to declare the guy asking an idiot. Because he "waited six months to respond". Pretty clever of you, Roland, boss should shoot you a raise.

That’s just you projecting. I never thought he was an idiot. I actually thought he might have an axe to grind with Oz. But I was mostly joking anyway. So not so clever really and no raise.

That’s just you projecting.
No it isn't. I observe that all the time. Whenever someone criticises anything about the game, mods are all over that thread holding everything down as much as possible. It's annoying.

I never thought he was an idiot. I actually thought he might have an axe to grind with Oz. But I was mostly joking anyway. So not so clever really and no raise.
I believe you don't think people are idiots. You're smart enough not to think I am an idiot.

Thinking and treating are two different things, though.

Edit: With "idiot" I mean a person who does not know what they are talking about and who is uninformed or unintelligent or unreasonable. Of course you might and obviously may think that I am a douche bag, ♥♥♥♥ and so on and so forth. :strawberry:

Archived