A17 Bigger Backpack Mod!

KhaineGB

Just noticed you already did. If you don't mind. I am going to attempt at converting this over to xpath. :)

Feel free :) Sphereii did it for me too but I haven't tested it yet. Between this + converting my mod, I decided to have a break and play some Overwatch for a bit.

Xpath version of the 60-slot backpack is done!

Working on the version with integrated food/water now.

EDIT: Food and water version now done.

Holly cow! I took a look at xpath coding last night. Was planning to do it today. Yet woke up and you got it done already! I'm still going to mess with xpath, but awesome news and thank you.

Holly cow! I took a look at xpath coding last night. Was planning to do it today. Yet woke up and you got it done already! I'm still going to mess with xpath, but awesome news and thank you.

Not gonna lie, Sphereii did most of it because I'm SUUUUUUUUPER dumb.

But it was mostly a learning exercise for me anyways. :)

And added a couple of 96 slot versions because I got them working. They are ONLY using XPath as that merges better with other modlets. Check the first post if interested. :)

2 minor issues.

1) There seems to be a little inventory lag with the 96 slot version in terms of selecting slots. I'll look at revisiting that later.

2) Don't fill up all the slots without buying the Pack Mule perk or you straight up won't be able to move. I mean, I'm ok with that... but yeah, it's a thing. :)

Hey KhaineGB, I love the size of the 96 pack so that I don't have to move the other data panels around.

I was trying to look into the lag issue you mentioned and it actually looks like it is an off set issue not lag for me.

The selection/cell activation appears to be around 17px to the right of where it should be so you are activating the cell to the left before you get to the edge.

I have not been able to figure out how to fix that though.

Also in my resolution the bags content panel sits on top (covering) of the xp bar at the top of the toolbelt bar.

To fix that I added a position to the "panel header", then added 10 to both y positions for header and content panels.

Thanks again for your hard work.

I had that with the XP bar too. Moving positioning around didn't help, so I went "Eh, doesn't matter since it's only when the backpack is open." :) That was at 1600x900 resolution though.

Will have to play around with it more later. I really, really suck at UI stuff.

I'm trying to get the 96 slot with UI version working and theres alot of conflicting information on this thread.

I have unzipped it to my MODS folder but the backpack size is the same when i start a new game and I have no additional UI.

If somebody could explain exactly what additional XML edits I need to make that would be much appreciated. I'm not really that knowledgeable on how all this code works and all I can really work out is I need to go into progression.xml or entityclasses.xml and edit something.... but its not very clear what and I dont want to mess anything up.

The 'original style' 60 slot one worked great so I thought I'd give the bigger pack a go.

Just to confirm I did restore the vanilla files before adding this mod in.

I just wanna play 7 days rather than inventory management simulator haha

I just deleted my install of the game so I could test it out too. :)

However I DID notice going from 60 slot to 60 slot with food/water on it, I had to actually start a new SAVE for it to show up.

But then going from 60 slot with food/water to 96 slot didn't need a new save. So at this point I'm tempted to just say "Experimental is experimental." ;)

I just deleted my install of the game so I could test it out too. :)

However I DID notice going from 60 slot to 60 slot with food/water on it, I had to actually start a new SAVE for it to show up.

But then going from 60 slot with food/water to 96 slot didn't need a new save. So at this point I'm tempted to just say "Experimental is experimental." ;)

Damn sorry dude haha. Well at least it wasn't all for nothing! I think it was just a case of everything needing to start fresh!

Oh well, i'm happily on my way now with my backpack full of useless items i'll definitely need one day!

If it's not working on a server, then that means xpath apparently doesn't work on servers.

It works now. Server owner wrote "congif" instead of "config" as folder name :D

Cheers . Love the backpack mod . If the cursor thing will be fixed so its not too off anymore , then its perfect. Great work mate

Hi is there a way to just have it unlock all the extra slot and bypassing the perk thing, plan to use on lan with nephew for a bit

thanks

Yes, but I'm not releasing a version with that.

Open up entityclases.xml that you get in the mod and look for these lines.

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity'][@value='18']/@value">32</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='BagSize'][@value='45']/@value">60</set>

Change the first value so it's the same as the second value. So in this instance, you would set the 32 to 60. That will unlock all slots. :)

Archived