[MOD A17] Better Balance Mod

SurvivalUK

7 day horde started and as I was laying down barb wire, I was getting nonstop console error: Null Reference isnt set to object (or something to that effect). The console wouldnt close as the error was spamming. I died and still getting the error so I cant move at all. Any help would be appreciated!

If it started during a horde night than it is likely trying to spawn something that was removed. Do you have any other mods that make changes to the entitygroups.xml? This one removes zombie strippers so if another mod has them in it, than it could be causing issues. This mod doesn't look like it does anything with barb wire so I don't think that would be the issue.

You could try commenting out this part from the mods entitygroups.xml and see if you still get an error. Just add <!-- before it and --> after it

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup/entity[@name=zombieStripper]" />

7 day horde started and as I was laying down barb wire, I was getting nonstop console error: Null Reference isnt set to object (or something to that effect). The console wouldnt close as the error was spamming. I died and still getting the error so I cant move at all. Any help would be appreciated!

I had the same problem happen to me during horde night. I kept hitting escape until it stopped and exited the game. When I restarted I was back in the middle of horde night where I left off and everything continued just fine.

I'm using parts of this mod, but have a problem with the additional Mining Helmets. Since they extend the regular Mining Helmet, shouldn't they also have the same features? But they do not have a quality, so also no mod slots, which makes them useless for the players. They also stack at 500, due to the missing quality. How could I fix the issues with the missing mod slots?

Hey, tried this sucker and installed it just as shown. None of the things seem to be working in B9. Is there some easy fix to that? Am I just somehow an idiot? Like it would say on world gen that it was using BBM 1.8 but it didn't actually seem to DO anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Sorry for lack of updates, the new job and time away from home has meant gaming has gone on the backburner.

Going to fire up 7DTD over the coming days as life has settled a bit more now. I'll look back over the thread and address anything then.

Thanks again for the patience and pm's, back on track very soon!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi how do I remove the zombie blocks damage reduction? I like the other parts of the mod but this just ruins the game for me. I've been looking through all the xml's and cant seem to find it.

items.xml

Hidden away in the Zombie nerf section and the subsection of Stop Zs eating through hard materials / reduced block damage...

<!-- Zombie nerf -->
<!-- General -->
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandMaster']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Delay']/@value">1</set>
<!-- Range -->
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandMaster']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value">1.4</set>
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieCop']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value">1.4</set>
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandAnimalBear']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value">2</set>
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandAnimalZombieBear']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value">2</set>
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandAnimalSnake']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value">1</set>
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandAnimalWolf']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value">1.75</set>
<append xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandPlayer']/property[@class='Action0']">
		<property name="Range" value="1.65"/>
</append>
<!-- Stop Zs eating through hard materials -->
<append xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandMaster']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']">
		<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="-100" tags="concrete,metal,stone"/>
</append>
<append xpath="/items/item[starts-with(@name, 'meleeHandZombie')]/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']">	
		<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="-100" tags="concrete,metal,stone"/>
</append>
<!-- Reduced block damage -->
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandMaster']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">8</set>	
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombie01']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']/passive_effect[@name='BlockDamage']/@value">8</set>
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombie02Feral']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">30</set>	
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieBehemoth']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">800</set>	
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieBurning']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">2</set>	
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieBurningCrawler']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">2</set>	
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieBurningFeral']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">16</set>	
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieCop']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">30</set>
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieCopFeral']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">40</set>	
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieFeral']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">30</set>	
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieFootballPlayerFeral']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">30</set>	
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieHazMatFeral']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">30</set>	
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieStripperFeral']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">30</set>	
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieStrong']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">16</set>	
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieStrongFeral']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">30</set>	
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieWorker']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">16</set>	
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieWorkerFeral']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='DamageBlock']/@value">30</set>
<!-- Z vomit removal -->
<remove xpath="/items/item[starts-with(@name, 'meleeHandZombieCop')]/property[@class='Action1']" />

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

Back again!

Zs

• Zs nerf'd against metal, stone, concrete, brick blocks etc. (no more tearing through concrete like butter and underground bases are back!)

THIS!!! ONLY THIS! Cmom... We went from TWD to World War Z in this A17.... I tought they should put some option to ppl that want to keep on TWD mode... Zombies tearing concrete and Jumping? Not for me... I'll try your mod, thanks!!!

• 2 months later...

The full mod makes the game too easy for me but is there a way I can only get these features

Mining stone bonuses

-More iron per rock (scales with perks)

-Chance of scrap iron, coal, lead and nitrate

-Chance of gems, Silver (4%), Gold (2%) and Diamond (1%)

The main one I'm interested in is the chance of iron coal lead and nitrate.

• 4 weeks later...

+1 :cocksure:

- - - Updated - - -

The full mod makes the game too easy for me but is there a way I can only get these features

Mining stone bonuses

-More iron per rock (scales with perks)

-Chance of scrap iron, coal, lead and nitrate

-Chance of gems, Silver (4%), Gold (2%) and Diamond (1%)

The main one I'm interested in is the chance of iron coal lead and nitrate.

+1 :fat:

• 1 month later...
That is like saying "Why don't you play with no mods at all?" Just because I like to make the game easier instead of making it more difficult does not mean my request is not a valid one. If you won't make a mod that does what I asked for because of your moral limitations about cheating then just say you don't make cheats. In fact, if that is how you feel you need not post anything at all. You don't need to come down on me for the way I like to play my game.

If you can't make the mod I asked for because you don't know how then just say you can't and leave it at that. Yeah, I like to cheat, so what? How does that affect you? Not at all. So how about we just play the game the way we like and have fun?

Besides, you don't seem to have a problems with more bag slots, stamina cost reduced, being able to get water from faucets, zombie attack range reduced, zombie block damage reduced, and the many other "cheats" in this mod. Isn't that a little more than hypocritical?

My apologies to the OP, I think your work is awesome and I thank you for it. Sorry if I had a bit of a rant here.

Well made points. I liked your line of reasoning and share your position.

• 5 months later...

Archived