Awesome seeds for random gen ALPHA 17.0-.1

Roland

I think for the moment we're just sharing what we've found, though you make a good point. Having someone start an "official a17 seed list" and doing away with/closing out this one would likely be best.

Still, i'm of the mind that it's good to share, see how things are working. Example, I started a seed just messing around (because i'm still looking for the largest of buildings) and found 3 traders clustered together. 2 of them were about 100M apart, and the other was just a few hundred more away. Have to love it! :)

Anyone else noticing all the random gen maps seem to be the same? Is that a bug that should be reported or is that something they wanted? Cold zones are always north, desert to the south, some roads that span the map with some offshoots.

From what i understand, that's how they're intending to spawn maps, basically so that snow areas weren't right next to desert, etc. There is some variance in the size of the biomes (see pics i posted from earlier in the thread for reference), and i think it needs some tweaking, but it's not a bug.

Can anyone confirm if the random map generation will change with the official alpha 17 release? Personally I think it needs some work. I also cannot find a map with a decent city at all, not to mention skyscrapers like the pharma building. You would think they would put it in the coding to include certain buildings on all maps regardless of the seed.

Can anyone confirm if the random map generation will change with the official alpha 17 release? Personally I think it needs some work. I also cannot find a map with a decent city at all, not to mention skyscrapers like the pharma building. You would think they would put it in the coding to include certain buildings on all maps regardless of the seed.

I would think that some parts of it like the skyscrapers and stuff are bugged or something and will probably be worked on. As far as the map itself with biomes layout is what they wanted.

For A16 I found a nice seed at the beginning of experimental. To my surprise when stable released I used the seed and it was exactly the same. But honestly who knows if that will be the case this time? I've previewed a ton of RWG the past couple days and I am very unimpressed with the new setup. I guess I really don't mind the snow up north and desert down south... But waaaaaay too much random burnt biome mixed in and no sky scrapers or big cities in general. May just do Navezgane....

Look like this Patch (A17) TFP focused more on Navezgane and let's say kinda ignored or destroyed the Random Gen a little bit..

But today i tried out for the first time since like Alpha 12 to play on Navezgane and i must say it's really nice. Even tho I think it's a small map it feels really nice y'all should try it.

There are plenty of things that are nearly impossible to find in Random Gen like High Mountains quite big rivers and ofc unique buildings.

Fallout 7 seed that was suggested here, has this huge "shotgun messiah" building. Looks really awesome, but it gets like super intense inside - FPS drops super low all of a sudden when a horde of 30 sleepers spawns in and wakes up ( with irradiated feral wights and other ferals ). you just can't handle them so I just ran and closing doors behind me, just so I would meet them again where they chewed through the reinforced glass and concrete ... So I nerd poled up to the second floor and atmosphere is super intense... Compared to this, Higashi tower is like a walk in the park :)

But I do understand why all the skyscraper are rare - it just totally kills the fps once the sleepers 10 m ahead of you spawns in.

Given the various bugs we're getting (read "Floating POI"), wouldn't it be best to hold off on this thread at least until we get stable?

Previous alphas have shown us some pretty... odd results when we start a map during one release and then DON'T delete it and start over. Who else remembers this in A12/13/14/15 when they changed the RWG code with every release, so new chucks looked insanely out of place next to previously generated ones that had used the old code?

EDIT: Guppy already posted in another thread that he could "smell 201 cooking" or something like that

Worlds are pre-generated meaning even if they change the RWG code you can continue playing. :)

I would think that some parts of it like the skyscrapers and stuff are bugged or something and will probably be worked on. As far as the map itself with biomes layout is what they wanted.

Looking in the XML files it seems towns are supposted to be 45% downtown zone (which has a minimum of 2 skyscrapers), for some reason though it's bugging out and all the towns are spawning with no downtown zone, meaning all the buildings in the "downtown group" that aren't in another group (ex. the skyscrapers) aren't spawning in random gen. Looking into a possible manual fix.

Looking in the XML files it seems towns are supposted to be 45% downtown zone (which has a minimum of 2 skyscrapers), for some reason though it's bugging out and all the towns are spawning with no downtown zone, meaning all the buildings in the "downtown group" that aren't in another group (ex. the skyscrapers) aren't spawning in random gen. Looking into a possible manual fix.

Very interesting and good to know thank you. This puts me back on the theory that they are in fact still working on the random generation. No way they will leave it in this state on the release, at least I hope not!

Aye, looks like they've got their work cut out for them, but i'm still finding lots of really nice map seeds with great vistas. I think, however, I'm going to have to break down and play with other people if I really want the best experience, but i'm going to keep going solo for a while longer.

About to test the map seed "Best. Map. Evah."

Looks like a decent number of towns, several look large, esp the 2 on the southeast and southwest corners of the map. Personally, i prefer greener areas, but i'll give the map a decent look. Still chasing those skyscrapers LOL

Seed: Meatgrinder

lots of military bases.

I can vouch for it. the seed is good. found 4 traders very much close by to a town which has many pois to raid. no skyscrapers though.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/514875796293287990/516007675218100234/Meatgrinder.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/514875796293287990/516007737130352663/Capture.JPG

From what i understand, that's how they're intending to spawn maps, basically so that snow areas weren't right next to desert, etc. There is some variance in the size of the biomes (see pics i posted from earlier in the thread for reference), and i think it needs some tweaking, but it's not a bug.

I personally didn't have a problem with snow biomes and sand biomes being side by side. Look at Canada and the Athabasca Sand Dunes as a real life example of this. Of course the sand biome there isn't hot but still these things do happen in the real world

OMG! What a fun and crazy exciting map!

on 120 minute days (I like the pace until I build a respectable fort)

But Zombie Bear attacks! On Day 1! Before noon! :D

I didn't stay to fight with my wood club but I'll be back!

This seems interesting...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25638[/ATTACH]

"swimbitch" 8192 size. Looks like a LOT of POIs. I see you can change angles, this image is only a fraction of the map. Is there a way to zoom in or out on these?!

Use the WASD keys to move, and you can hold the space bar and S key to zoom out a little faster. Be advised, the way to move the map around is not really great.

This seems interesting...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25638[/ATTACH]

"swimbitch" 8192 size. Looks like a LOT of POIs. I see you can change angles, this image is only a fraction of the map. Is there a way to zoom in or out on these?!

Far too much burnt forest for my tastes. Especially in the first few levels, since they tend to spawn doggoes in high amounts, which tend to tear me up pretty well.

To say nothing of these POIs that I'm leery of...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1573267143

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1573267619

The seed "Freeton" produces a fairly flat map of snow in the north, woods in the middle, desert in the south. The center town has 3 traders close together to the north of it and 3 traders to the south of it. Make your base in the center town and you have 6 traders to work with. Attached screenshot shows the 6 traders circled in red. Freeton.jpg.bb61ec6a4083e4e1e5c5123c38f2f15d.jpg

The seed "Freeton" produces a fairly flat map of snow in the north, woods in the middle, desert in the south. The center town has 3 traders close together to the north of it and 3 traders to the south of it. Make your base in the center town and you have 6 traders to work with. Attached screenshot shows the 6 traders circled in red.

That's an incredibly balanced map. I may have to give that one a try next time I generate a world.

The seed "Freeton" produces a fairly flat map of snow in the north, woods in the middle, desert in the south. The center town has 3 traders close together to the north of it and 3 traders to the south of it. Make your base in the center town and you have 6 traders to work with. Attached screenshot shows the 6 traders circled in red. [ATTACH=CONFIG]25672[/ATTACH]

That is a really nice map, also may have to give it a try!

251570_20181125160352_1.jpg.3ce21492406a4a02d2b9ee489ead36cc.jpg

Haven't explored this one, but there's literally 1 acre of desert and almost entirely the rest is green. Almost like the Lothric one i posted earlier on. Will explore this one a bit, see if it's any good, but a ton of green area to explore. Via the map preview, i did see the map had several missile silos and army camps, even a football field. saw a couple of traders, but they were a good distance from one another, not sure how many more there are in total. Time to go explore :)

Archived