Radiated Vultures..... that Puke like Cops!!!

LuckyStar

Well, I've always railed against the idea of "realism" in a game, especially if it came at the sacrifice of "gameplay", but I'm all for self-consistency in game, by which mechanics that challenge/incentivize or otherwise drive player behaviour make sense within the games established theme.

That's why I'm (personally) against the idea of the gyrocopter magically (somehow!) not working during Horde nights for example. To my thinking, if a player decides to skip the Horde, so be it, it's no skin off my nose if they do. Now perhaps I can say that more easily than some because, nowadays, I only play in SP, so it really REALLY doesn't affect me what anyone else does.

I must admit, I'm not a big fan of ranged attack zombies, because I don't (personally) think they fit the idea of the game, at least as I (perhaps inaccurately) envision it, or at least as I'd like it to be - namely, that I'm trying to find ways to cope with a HUGE number of "dumb but dangerous" zombies. So, puking feral vultures probably won't be top of my list of favourite features of the game, but if they go in, I'll deal with them, or if I end up REALLY hating them, mod them out, assuming I can.

And that's where modding just HAS to come into it RestInPieces, you might think that's a "soft option" or a bit of a "cop out", but the Devs can really ONLY make a base game that they believe is the best of competing mechanics, and leave it to players to tailor it as much as they can or they like to suit their own individualistic preferences.

I agree, our "ideal" game is not that different. Yes, mods are legit wonderful (I had over 300 gameplay mods in my fallout 3 setup) but there's no harm in giving feedback. And definitely the idea of the gyrocopter magically not working is even worse than sniper vultures.

I agree, our "ideal" game is not that different. Yes, mods are legit wonderful (I had over 300 gameplay mods in my fallout 3 setup) but there's no harm in giving feedback. And definitely the idea of the gyrocopter magically not working is even worse than sniper vultures.

I maintain it could just be too windy.

Wind doesn't have to be magic.

CdnFm82.gif

Agreed - I would be bored to tears, literally, playing Vanilla Minecraft, but with some of the FTB modpacks, I've sunk real time into constructing a factory that could, at the touch of a button, build almost any item for in game, while massive automated quarries mine literally thousands of blocks per second feeding into a gigantic storage system designed to hold it all.

Without mods, that game would have been nothing to me.

Even Factorio, I play heavily modded and would struggle to stay engaged with the "base" game.

- - - Updated - - -

I maintain it could just be too windy.

Wind doesn't have to be magic.

CdnFm82.gif

He had wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much baked beans for dinner.

Doesn't have to be a windy thing, there's always a storm that announces that its horde night, you could just be struck by lightning if you try to fly =O

Yeah exactly.

We don't even know what the blood Moon is.

1cvfjIw.gif

What kind of phenomenon it is.

Dammit. Everytime I say Phenomena I get that mahna-mahna song from the muppets stuck in my head.

UqNwCR4.gif

What was I saying again... ????

Doesn't have to be a windy thing, there's always a storm that announces that its horde night, you could just be struck by lightning if you try to fly =O

Well, that would be, imho, too absolute. Ideally, using the gyrocopter should be A way to deal with the horde, but should come with some (plausible) risk for doing so. I do, mostly, like Lucky's idea of having a wind event be the culprit, but not tying the event specifically to the arrival of the Horde.

If it were to be a "Windstorm" it should be random, like heatwaves are, and should necessarily auto-activate just cause it's Horde time. It shouldn't also PROHIBIT flying, but impose some risk for doing so.

Well, that would be, imho, too absolute. Ideally, using the gyrocopter should be A way to deal with the horde, but should come with some (plausible) risk for doing so. I do, mostly, like Lucky's idea of having a wind event be the culprit, but not tying the event specifically to the arrival of the Horde.

If it were to be a "Windstorm" it should be random, like heatwaves are, and should necessarily auto-activate just cause it's Horde time. It shouldn't also PROHIBIT flying, but impose some risk for doing so.

How about limited fuel on the Gyro then?

Maybe a smaller tank forces you to land at least once during horde night.

However... can just land on a skyscraper and refuel.

Though if I'm going to be honest, seeing a way the people actually can avoid the horde because they prefer not to engage it makes me happy.

Some people just aren't good with that kind of stuff but still want to play with others on a PvE.

Having a way they can just zip around is maybe a good thing.

This is where I duck right?

Incoming "No you're wrong!".

i dont understand how some poeple can sit on a forum and cry about an enemy they havent fought yet, its not like there is 20 vultures waiting for ya LUL calm down and grow up guys... steel your minds instead of typing alot of useless BULLCRAP xD thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

what i do like tho is how people talk about getting a gyro within 5 days is easy peasy, but u need lvl 100 for that xD so good luck farming that much exp like its nothing.. cya in 1mnths when u get that gyro

i dont understand how some poeple can sit on a forum and cry about an enemy they havent fought yet, its not like there is 20 vultures waiting for ya LUL calm down and grow up guys... steel your minds instead of typing alot of useless BULLCRAP xD thanks.

It's called a discussion and concepts are not exempt from it.

Someone posted that Real vultures actually use this technique as a defense method.

Who woulda thought huh?

And as I posted earlier, snakes can fart as a defensive mechanism (real thing). Should snakes be used as a concussion inducing AOE fart explosion machines? Not really.

And as I posted earlier, snakes can fart as a defensive mechanism (real thing). Should snakes be used as a concussion inducing AOE fart explosion machines? Not really.

That's a real thing?

1HsozQu.gif

Hold on, hold on!

Let's not be too hasty about dismissing the farting snake thing.

This could have some real potential.

Archived