ability to Dig down for zombies. WHY

lizzyroo

If its really a problem, I'm sure there is a xml file you could edit to make the damage they do to dirt, rock etc... 0. Thus, they wouldn't be able to dig down.

It might have the side effect of zombies standing in the same spot all day bashing at the ground though.

- P

Did they miss the memo about tower defense?

Right lol. I mean it's not like it's in the description of the game in the store... oh.... wait...:

"7 Days to Die is an open-world game that is a unique combination of first person shooter, survival horror, tower defense, and role-playing games. Play the definitive zombie survival sandbox RPG that came first. Navezgane awaits!"

Did they miss the memo about tower defense?

Oh dear, silly little me must have imagined the game when you could spend a horde night squatting on a rock in middle of nowhere, must have imagined nights when you wouldnt even get a horde, nights where hordes were only attracted to forges and campfires running, because that would have made the game less of a tower defence game, compared to now, where you get a horde regardless, which would make the game “more of a tower defence game”.

I hope that the ability to create underground or even tree house base may still be created by the player IF THEY WISH IT.

The game should not punish the player based on their particular play style and please quit with the stupid suggestions to play a different game. We all have our own opinion and our voice!

Thank you Fun Pimps!!

I think you're confusing challenge with punishment. I don't understand why people think they can't build underground just because zombies can dig now.

It is this mentality of not wanting to change your survival play style or accept the challenge of building a better underground base that people and myself are suggesting other games.

I visit the Booby trap all the time IRL, why am I being punished with all the land mines around it if I want to build my base there?!...Honestly.

You do know the game is already Unrealistic enough. When Zombies can punch at buildings and rocks and break it. WHICH would be Physically impossible to do. WHICH really needs to be fixed so they can not break that stuff. But, Not the ability to dig down, which again would be Physically impossible to do. WHY, Just WHY. I mean No need to have them do this stuff at all. It needs to be fixed. Also already bad enough, that Headshots do not kill zombies instantly which should be Fixed. 1 headshot 1 kill.

When making a game there has to be a little give and take when it comes to realism. If you want fully realistic then when you get food poisoning from eating something bad you will have to spend the next day or more doing absolutely nothing besides sitting on the toilet. If you don't have someone else to take care of you during that time then you will die. Speaking of dying. There wouldn't be any respawning. One life. Getting bit or scratched by a zombie has the chance to cause an infection that will kill you if not properly treated. Broken bones will take a month or so to heal and if not set properly would cause a permanent lose of movement speed and carry weight. Plus a ton of things that they would have to implement if you wanted a realistic experience. People like you are not really looking for a realistic gameplay experience. They just want to use that word in an attempt to make their argument about specific aspects of the game sound more valid.

We need a simple on off slider in the menu. "Zombies Dig" or Zombies Don't Dig". That way people could play the way they enjoy playing.

We can't just add a slider for everything. The game has a premise, and the only challenge are the zombies. It's not ok to break that premise by simply hiding in a hole.

why do you sound rather upset by the style this player plays? Are you more angry that he doesnt play like you? or are you more angry that you play better than this person or are you just angry that he had an opinion?

There are always going to be people who like controlling what other people do even if it has nothing to do with their own lives and in general, none of their freaking business.

You do know the game is already Unrealistic enough. When Zombies can punch at buildings and rocks and break it. WHICH would be Physically impossible to do. WHICH really needs to be fixed so they can not break that stuff.

Ya, that's not, never was, and never was even discussed for this game as far as I know. Digging zombies is awesome, and I can't wait until we get digging dogs back too.

Bring digging dog day back. Now that would be cool. Turning your landscape into Swiss cheese.

You do know the game is already Unrealistic enough. When Zombies can punch at buildings and rocks and break it. WHICH would be Physically impossible to do. WHICH really needs to be fixed so they can not break that stuff. But, Not the ability to dig down, which again would be Physically impossible to do. WHY, Just WHY. I mean No need to have them do this stuff at all. It needs to be fixed. Also already bad enough, that Headshots do not kill zombies instantly which should be Fixed. 1 headshot 1 kill.

The funny thing is, they could actually dig (not very successfully I have to be honest) in a16 when the ground was sand or dirt but they never got far. Had that happen quite a few times, especially on feral setting. That actually made some sense and was realistic. The thing is, if we look at it closely - the entire concept of digging from a zombie perspective, if you granted that zombies could exist - they do not actually perform digging work. Digging implies that you take a substrate or material, store it temporarily, move it, and discard of it somewhere else than where you got it from. If you repeat that process over and over, you are actually digging. Zombies in the game however destroy blocks, that's not actually digging. So from a realism aspect it makes sense that they can reduce a building to rubble as it falls down, they can step on the rubble and overcome an obstacle that way. But if they work downwards there is nowhere for the material to go than back down. They can destroy a top layer, but they can't dig. By mere coincidence that is what they were actually able to accomplish in a16, so inadvertently that was more realistic than what we see in a17.

I would actually grant that zombie dogs might be able to dig down as digging can be interpreted as somewhat of an instinct to them and they could theoretically still do rudimentary path cleaning work while digging towards you if it wasn't at a too steep angle.

We can't just add a slider for everything. The game has a premise, and the only challenge are the zombies. It's not ok to break that premise by simply hiding in a hole.

It's also not ok to dictate how a person has to play a sandbox game. Fortunately, there is nothing that forces anyone to play this game and if people who had a certain play style they enjoyed playing and can no longer enjoy that play style, there are plenty of other games to turn our attention too.

During the insanely long wait for A17 for instance, I found Empyrion which by the way, allows any type of play style that one desires. If a person wants to fight endlessly, that is accommodated as easily as someone who just wants to explore the star system or build stuff. Nobody is forced into a particular play style which is probably why Steam says there are somewhere between 500k and one million users of the game at this time.

Know this... You upset a portion of your userbase at your own peril.

Zombies should not be able to dig down. NEITHER SHOULD YOU. It's not realistic. Go out in your hard and start digging, you'll soon realize how difficult it actually is.

Go out and start building a house with 10 floors, you'll soon realize how difficult it actually is.

It's also not ok to dictate how a person has to play a sandbox game. Fortunately, there is nothing that forces anyone to play this game and if people who had a certain play style they enjoyed playing and can no longer enjoy that play style, there are plenty of other games to turn our attention too.

This isn't a secret of the universe. People have been changing up what they play since Breakout gave us an alternative to Pong. Everyone plays video games until they no longer enjoy them. The developers are going to develop their game in the way that they deem to be fun and no matter what they do there will be a portion of their userbase who becomes disenfranchised or just burned out. To put your statement into perspective I enjoyed playing underground when zombies used to dig and then that was taken away and i stopped playing underground. Now that this feature has been reinstated with zombie AI that works I am digging underground again and enjoying it. TFP didn't choose me over you. TFP just continued their development and we either adjust or move on. But moving on to a new game is not a threat. Its normal gamer behavior.

During the insanely long wait for A17 for instance, I found Empyrion which by the way, allows any type of play style that one desires. If a person wants to fight endlessly, that is accommodated as easily as someone who just wants to explore the star system or build stuff. Nobody is forced into a particular play style which is probably why Steam says there are somewhere between 500k and one million users of the game at this time.

https://steamcharts.com/cmp/251570,383120#All

I think Empyrion is great. The feeling of getting off the surface of the planet that first time is awesome. According to that graph, however, I don't think the devs of 7 Days need to look to the devs of Empyrion for advice on how to create a successful game. Again, Empyrion is great and is progressing well. I'm sure it's just that space themed games are overdone compared to zombie games...

Know this... You upset a portion of your userbase at your own peril.

That can't be helped unfortunately. Development means change and portions of the userbase are going to hate different changes and even the fact that no change was made in other areas. Sorry you are upset and I hope that you get an option that makes the game fun for you or that you are open to modding because I'm certain there will be a mod that removes digging zombies.

I used to be a tree and underground bunker builder depending on my mood and both are useless now haha but I do have base in the middle of a lake and its working great although I will never stay there for horde night - with that said I won't be playing A17 anymore until they fix the erosion of LCB's (its so buggy) because whats the point of building anything when a griefer can just waltz right in any time your lcb goes inactive lol :miserable:

They could actually provide different challenges for once, i don´t know, maybe challenging survial elements for example? Like mentioned in "The Survival Horde Crafting game" subtitle?

Generally more options than killing for an acceptable speed of leveling (Yes there is other ways for XP, but super duper slow). This shouldn´t be a pure FPS. It´s more and more becoming one tough.

Where do all those Z´s in the middle of nowhere come from btw? It´s like there is invisble villages somewhere, when i look how many Z´s are basically everywhere in the wild, no matter if there is a POI near or not. Cheap way to solve the problem that there are no other challenges in the game.

Z´s shouldn´t be the only challenge in this game that was announced as a genremix. FPS isn´t even in the title unless the others who seem to be unloved by TFP...

neighbors... hah...

i have siblings and other family members who fit the bill perfect... so busy snooping into everyone elses business that they cant even run their own when a problem arises... oh the irony of that :)

yeah.. lucky my mom is 3k miles away and my brother lives in england.. i purposely dotn let anyone else i'm related to know where i live.. because of this..

but yea.. our neighbors.. they dont like lawns, plants, gardens, or pets.. and think possums are actually rats.. and regularly turn us in for living on our property (managing, doing things, gardening, having pets, etc.. the city and the police are beyond annoyed with their reports)

On a sidenote: Safe underground bases won´t loose you any players or new customers.

Removing them will cost you players and new customers, but no one didn´t buy this game just because it´s possible to play safe.

Again, i am not saying i want to be completly safe underground, but it´s a fact. No one ever said about a SP/Coop focused game: "Others can play safe, i don´t buy this because of that option, even if i don´t have to use it."

There will be people that don´t buy, because there is no safe or at least safer way to play tough.

Again, i am not saying i want to be completly safe underground, but it´s a fact. No one ever said about a SP/Coop focused game: "Others can play safe, i don´t buy this because of that option, even if i don´t have to use it."

It certainly is not a fact. My comrades stopped playing the game in the latest alphas for this reason and some people who checked the game asked me this question: "what kind of survival is this, if we have to make self-imposed rules to make an effort to survive?"

Any game is a set of rules that are enforced on the player. People actually expect for these rules to exist. Same with being gated and pretty much everything else - e.g. there are rules to tune our progression. With that logic of "choice", why not also make it a choice to progress at our own pace and have everything available at level 1? Why not have infinite health so that we can choose our mortality rate with some self-imposed rules and die at our own pace, etc. This is not catering to everyone, this is adhering to an abstract/sandbox design that many people don't like. These choices belong outside of the game, in menus. If that logic was legitimate, there wouldn't be any reason for devs to fix any exploits that invalidate game mechanics, because "choice". Would that repel customers? Of course it would.

Archived