So this is where roland said to go to gripe about a17 and the early release...

Scyris

When the news about the new map sizes broke there was an argument from one of the devs or Roland (don`t remember). He said the reason we will get smaller maps was because the time it took to generate the larger maps. The argument was that kids these day don`t have the attention span for waiting a long time (in this case 2 hours) to play the game. But suddendly with the stream event these kids by magic have the attenion span to wait for 2-3 days

Is that really why MM said the map sizes are smaller?

Kids are too impatient?

Hahahaha okay well then I don't mind Modding that right away.

There are advantages to being an OG.

Decue ! Degouter des développeurs !

Bonsoir à tous,

Alors je tiens à faire part de mon avis ( Partager par beaucoup de monde ) depuis vendredi des "Streameur" on droit de jouer à l'alpha 17, au départ il y avait 3 français, ce que je vois maintenant sait qu'eux ont donné l'astuce ou la cle ou je ne sais pas quoi, mais du coup tous les amis, familles, ...( et je sais en plus qu'il donne aux gens qui font des dons assez conséquents en leur demandant de ne pas jouer en ligne !) y joue et NOUS ? oui on doit attendre lundi, ... POURQUOI ? pour des streameur avec 20 VU ! qui sait à peine de quoi y parle, qui sont hypocrites et qui ne répondent qu'aux personnes qui sont abonne à leur chaine !

Cher Monsieur les développeurs, ça n'est pas la bonne façon de faire ! vous avez juste réussi à perdre pas mal de joueurs qui du coup on décide d'acheter un autre jeu étant très déçu du comportement des devs! moi et mes amis allons faire de même !

Vraiment déçu !

Good evening to all,

Then I am anxious to announce my opinion(notice) ("Streameur" one straight ahead Share by a lot of people) since Friday to play the alpha 17, at first there was 3 French, what I see now knows that they gave the trick(cleverness) or the key or I do not know what, but of the blow all the friends, the families, (and I know in more that he(it) gives to people who make rather consequent gifts(donations) by asking them not to play on-line!) plays it and WE? Yes we have to wait on Monday... WHY? For streameur with 20 SEEN! Which(who) knows hardly about what speak there, which(who) are hypocritical and who answer only the people who are subscribe to their chain(channel)!

Dear Sir developers, that is not the right way to make! You just managed to lose quite a lot of players who of the blow we decide to buy another game(set,play) being very disappointed by the behavior of devs! I and my friends are going to do the same!

Really disappointed!

Is that really why MM said the map sizes are smaller?

Kids are too impatient?

Hahahaha okay well then I don't mind Modding that right away.

There are advantages to being an OG.

They are trying to fix it so we can make bigger maps, but not quite as large as rwg was in alpha 16. The largest option now is 16x16km but it is currently disabled because it dosen`t run good (or something, not quite sure the reason). the alpha 16 had 314 squarekm and the 16x16 will have 256 squarekm, so it is not that bad. It also seems like the density of poi is much better, but i haven`t seen any big town yet in streams. And that is what i am looking for when choosing maps.

Navazgane has grown from 4x4km too 6x6km so thats cool

But all this hopefully dosen`t matter since they might not do stream events for a while. If they manage to get down to 3 months cycles between each content pack going forward, there probably is not a point in doing a stream event, because there is not enough content. Personally i like the longer cycles because it feels like a new game each alpha. I am not going to start a new game just because they have made water better in the next alpha.

Yeah, i agree, if the plan of smaller updates in a shorter span, there really is no reason to have a stream event. Big updates like A17 with a big overhaul makes sense (at least to me).

Also, yeah, there are some streamers who could do a better job but there are plenty of them that really show the new struggle that we'll be facing.

Bonsoir à tous,

Alors je tiens à faire part de mon avis ( Partager par beaucoup de monde ) depuis vendredi des "Streameur" on droit de jouer à l'alpha 17, au départ il y avait 3 français, ce que je vois maintenant sait qu'eux ont donné l'astuce ou la cle ou je ne sais pas quoi, mais du coup tous les amis, familles, ...( et je sais en plus qu'il donne aux gens qui font des dons assez conséquents en leur demandant de ne pas jouer en ligne !) y joue et NOUS ? oui on doit attendre lundi, ... POURQUOI ? pour des streameur avec 20 VU ! qui sait à peine de quoi y parle, qui sont hypocrites et qui ne répondent qu'aux personnes qui sont abonne à leur chaine !

Cher Monsieur les développeurs, ça n'est pas la bonne façon de faire ! vous avez juste réussi à perdre pas mal de joueurs qui du coup on décide d'acheter un autre jeu étant très déçu du comportement des devs! moi et mes amis allons faire de même !

Vraiment déçu !

Good evening to all,

Then I am anxious to announce my opinion(notice) ("Streameur" one straight ahead Share by a lot of people) since Friday to play the alpha 17, at first there was 3 French, what I see now knows that they gave the trick(cleverness) or the key or I do not know what, but of the blow all the friends, the families, (and I know in more that he(it) gives to people who make rather consequent gifts(donations) by asking them not to play on-line!) plays it and WE? Yes we have to wait on Monday... WHY? For streameur with 20 SEEN! Which(who) knows hardly about what speak there, which(who) are hypocritical and who answer only the people who are subscribe to their chain(channel)!

Dear Sir developers, that is not the right way to make! You just managed to lose quite a lot of players who of the blow we decide to buy another game(set,play) being very disappointed by the behavior of devs! I and my friends are going to do the same!

Really disappointed!

Sadly, once we have bought a game we are no longer considered customers. Many of the game developers, and specifically the larger companies sees people that have already bought the game as trash (again i am aiming more at activision, ea, ubisoft than TFF here). The only thing that matters is new customers, sales. I don`t think 7dtd will loose many players because alpha 17 looks so good, but i don`t think they will get many sales from the stream event either. They will get a increase in sales because that always happens when a game has a big update + the game is on sale now, and will most likely have a steam sale next week. The problem is TFP will contribute the increase in sales to the stream event and not the natural flow of: Big game update-more interest-more sales

According to Steam spy the twitch numbers from least weekend was at the highest 4592 and this weekends highest was 7235. So the stream event has not been very successfull

All modders getting access the same time as the streamers would actually help a LOT.

I've tested out quite a few theories and been bouncing ideas to another guy who also had access to see what works and what doesn't from a modding standpoint. It would help ALL of us learn the new systems and port our projects over that little bit quicker. :)

Yes, it would speed up mod rewriting by ... 3 days. Exactly the same 3 days it would speed up players experiencing the new game.

Do you want to claim that you are waiting more anxiously for A17 than jacuba for example?

Do you also have a reason to want players NOT having the game yet, just the modders? Because we are not talking about 3 days per se, we are talking about exclusivity, getting access while other don't. Like a journalist who wants that exclusive story?

Also, realistically TFP isn't going to add an extra mod feature to the game in the 3 days of Experimental Early Access just because modders didn't get access. There's more streamers in the stream team than there are modders from what I've seen, soooo...

It was a hypothetical comparison to show what modders desire. I was not claiming that removing this marketing stunt would make features appear.

"Rick has called for an 11:30 am meeting (CST) so they can assess what else they need to fix (They’ve been fixing stuff all weekend as they’ve noticed things). Then they’ll create a release candidate, test it to make sure it doesn’t crash. They’re shooting for a late afternoon release."

I would guess that will be between 20-26 hours from now, if i got the timezones right

Sadly, once we have bought a game we are no longer considered customers. Many of the game developers, and specifically the larger companies sees people that have already bought the game as trash (again i am aiming more at activision, ea, ubisoft than TFF here). The only thing that matters is new customers, sales. I don`t think 7dtd will loose many players because alpha 17 looks so good, but i don`t think they will get many sales from the stream event either. They will get a increase in sales because that always happens when a game has a big update + the game is on sale now, and will most likely have a steam sale next week. The problem is TFP will contribute the increase in sales to the stream event and not the natural flow of: Big game update-more interest-more sales

According to Steam spy the twitch numbers from least weekend was at the highest 4592 and this weekends highest was 7235. So the stream event has not been very successfull

Not quite sure why you would bring up your perception of other companies if you were not directing them at TFPs.....

Not quite sure why you would bring up your perception of other companies if you were not directing them at TFPs.....

It is just the way gaming industry is going. I am not mainly making the point at TFP, but stream team aiming for new customers is steps in that direction. It is also commenting on other comments about TFP caring more about new customers than exisisting players

I'm really sorry all. I'm new to the forum. Just trying to find out when the A17 official release date is.

Note: I don't care how they market the game. I hope everyone and their mom gives funpimps their money. They seem like a good team of people and I want to support them. I've already bought 5 copies of this game for me and my crew to enjoy. Thought it was amazing when Neebs gaming started streaming it.

Also, I noticed some mod creators in here. Seriously, hats off to you all! I poked around to try and make adjustments and what a tedious nightmare it is.

I am retiring from throwing wood into the fire as i have been pleased with the answers to my questions. Going to watch games4kicks before bedtime and prepare for tomorrows release. A patch before release tomorrow and the game will be pretty smooth for experimental. Happy zombie bashing to everyone.

Bonsoir à tous,

Vraiment déçu !

Good evening to all,

Really disappointed!

So basically there is a French streamer who is selling the beta access code, nice.

I'm to repeat what I posted in another thread.

Stream event was/is too long, should give it to them 24hrs before public release.

3 days is too long a tease, twitch viewers dropped off hard after the first 12/24 hrs.

And also seeing all their friends playing multiplayer that didn't qualify as per the criteria, and other streamers streaming it that were not on the list, and many putting clickbait 'a17 hype' etc in their titles whilst streaming a16.4 was/is very irking.

Haha nailed it! That's the tone of this whole event, just like the blizzcon announcement.

It's nothing like Blizzcon.

Terrible comparison.

The Streaming idea was to give us a glance at A17.

That's what people wanted. A sneak peak.

Well we go it.... and the impatient are .... being impatient. [surprise,surprise]

I think the Streaming event was a success.

It did what it was intended to do:

- Showcase A17

- Give players some answers and new questions

- Heighten anticipation and excitement

- Get people talking about 7DTD

Maybe the numbers on that graph don't look like what some people expected but it doesn't really take into account all the posts on social media.

I'm glad they did it personally because it's given me a chance to formulate plans on how to deal with the new AI.

Glad I don't have to go into it "cold".

I just hope that the streamers and youtube guys that did pathetic jobs of streaming or miniscule amounts over the weekend, or like some that I could mention, did absolutely jack all, lose any future right to get and kind of early access...

If they decide to do this early access streaming in the future, which imho I don't think they should, then the least they could do is give it to people who have a vested interest in, and play the game rather than a financial one, that are actually gonna make good use of this priviledge.

There are a lot of people out there playing A17 already that arent streaming it purely on the basis that they got a code from a streamer friend with over 5k viewers, that to me is the real injustice here.

It is indeed. Khaine is my friend so I hold no ill will to him, but its an absolute mockery of any argument posted here that its "for the streamers" when I am told "well he had a streamer friend who gave him access sorry man".

F That. It is 100 percent unfair to all of us. If you DIDNT stream you should NOT have access, bottom line. This means my goal for next year is to find a streamer with the sole purpose of getting an early copy because I have NO expectations to have to be a streamer to get one.

What about modders who do not use a streamer for access? Or what about normal players who don't even have access to communicate with a big streamer? To heck with them? That's a great message to send.

I was totally ok with all this streamer stuff, I even embraced it after initially being against it.

Am I salty? G-Damn right I am. I busted my A$# promoting this game through keeping interest in a full year of drought in content. Not only myself but all the other smaller modders too. They have 100 percent right to be salty as well. And our thanks for that is getting to come here and read about other modders getting to test and edit their mods on it because they know somebody?

The PUBLIC has every right to be salty. This wasn't a streamer exclusive event. This was a "It pays to know people in high places" event.

And before I get the whole "you will get it on Monday it's only 3 days" line well if it truly WAS only about it being three days then you shouldn't have a problem giving more people access, since they got it ANYWAY.

I really don't give a rats arse about losing a few days to pre-release streamers (or even friends of friends), but my recommendation for TFP is to suspend this approach entirely with future alphas or completely revamp how they handle things (presumably a much more closed circle is in order), since it seems to have generated a great deal of animosity. Needless drama, TBH.

It's nothing like Blizzcon.

Terrible comparison.

The Streaming idea was to give us a glance at A17.

That's what people wanted. A sneak peak.

Well we go it.... and the impatient are .... being impatient. [surprise,surprise]

And i was 100 percent behind that theory until apparently the weekend was a free for all for anyone smart enough to buddy up to a streamer. And NOT even be required to stream with them. I'm totally cool with preview weekends but the rule for it have to be fair to EVERYONE not just the select few.

I really don't give a rats arse about losing a few days to pre-release streamers (or even friends of friends), but my recommendation for TFP is to suspend this approach entirely with future alphas or completely revamp how they handle things (presumably a much more closed circle is in order), since it seems to have generated a great deal of animosity. Needless drama, TBH.

I agree with your sentiment. I didnt care either. But when you are 100 percent on the outside looking in it begins to matter. Allowing modders access was an argument that was shot down because we were told we would get it like everyone else would when it was released. Which I was cool with.

Until it was obvious you didn't even HAVE to be a streamer to get it. Not only does this insult other modders, it insults all the streamers who applied and were turned down because of low viewership. Streamers who stream 7 days every single day and got completely ignored due to viewer count. The message here is clear. Befriend a streamer with high view counts. Screw the kickstarters, screw the people who LOSE viewers because they ONLY play 7 Days when content takes a year plus. But reward people with high numbers, some of whom have NO idea how to pay your game and their ONLY interest is in getting a sneak peek under their belts for viewers.

As somebody who really like the stream-weekend-event and totally understand for what it stands for hope that TFP are doing different when it comes to another stream event.

But you only can do something better when you see what went wrong and it will be not the same next time what I think.

Hopefully.

And i was 100 percent behind that theory until apparently the weekend was a free for all for anyone smart enough to buddy up to a streamer. And NOT even be required to stream with them. I'm totally cool with preview weekends but the rule for it have to be fair to EVERYONE not just the select few.

Yeah this is the REAL problem here.

A handful of Streamers getting the game early?

Yup that's fine.

Those Streamers giving it to their friends?

Absolutely not.

That's what's got me upset now.

That's elitism and I CAN'T STAND elitism.

It's unjust.

So now I'm on the other side of the fence.

Streamers should have had to sign some kind of agreement before hand.

I'd like to see some kind of apology at this point from TFP for this oversight.

It's not the Streamers' fault. OF COURSE they are going to share with friends.

What about those who didn't get "in" with TFP but are trying to promote their own channel?

They lost revenue/subscribers/publicity in a sense didn't they?

Yet some folks who just happen to know a Streamer get the advantage?

COME ON!

I agree with what you are saying Jax.

But they had a list of over 100 streamers, who could give the code to their buddies to play with them, so now you have at least 500 unvetted people, I suspected this would happen, did the pimps know this would happen, I think so.

Could they do anything to prevent it? Probably not.

Could they mitigate the effect? Most certainly, keeping the streaming period relatively short would reduce the problem.

Give it to the streamers Sunday morning, release to public Monday afternoon.

Archived