Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
mr.devolver

mr.devolver

2 hours ago, Reckis said:

I disagree, I have seen other mod authors change the localization (i.e, changing the description of a perk or item) Unless I am way off base here . . . which I have to admit is entirely possible.

In Alpha 17, this was possible with my 7 Days to Die Mod Localization Loader script, not only you could add your own localizations to the base game localization files, but you could also change the existing ones, it would happen automatically depending on how you wrote your localization that was supposed to change the vanilla one, but devs were working on their own solution for Alpha 18 and perhaps improved it in Alpha 19. If and how is this particular type of modification possible in base game, I have no idea.

mr.devolver

mr.devolver

2 hours ago, Reckis said:

I disagree, I have seen other mod authors change the localization (i.e, changing the description of a perk or item) Unless I am way off base here . . . which I have to admit is entirely possible.

In Alpha 17, this was possible with my 7 Days to Die Mod Localization Loader script, not only you could add your own localizations to the base game localization files, but you could also change the existing ones, it would happen automatically depending on how you wrote your localization that was supposed to change the vanilal one, but devs were working on their own solution for Alpha 18 and perhaps improved it in Alpha 19. If and how is this particular type of modification possible in base game, I have no idea.