PVP- base griefing

Ld-airgrafix

Looking back at how you describe it in your OP makes me ask:

Was it a surface base turned to a pile rubble entirely and if so, what was it built on?

If it was on relatively weak ground like dirt or sand it is absolutely possible to just dig under the base and make the whole thing collapse in short time – Even with claims active. Something to keep in mind anyway.

Looking back at how you describe it in your OP makes me ask:

Was it a surface base turned to a pile rubble entirely and if so, what was it built on?

If it was on relatively weak ground like dirt or sand it is absolutely possible to just dig under the base and make the whole thing collapse in short time – Even with claims active. Something to keep in mind anyway.

Most of the people that have this happen are in the phase of their playing where they are really just learning about base building to protect their assets. It takes a lot of trial/error or watching youtube tutorials to figure out how to build a well defensed base. As it should!

Most of the people that have this happen are in the phase of their playing where they are really just learning about base building to protect their assets. It takes a lot of trial/error or watching youtube tutorials to figure out how to build a well defensed base. As it should!

I have 1760 something hours, concrete walls inside a hill surrounded by stone.

Maxed out steel doors. But like i said issue isnt me getting raided.

(...)

Use the value property you calculate hp of containers. Ex. If a box have 100 concrete blocks with s value of 300 add an 300 or whatever hp bonus to the box.

The amount of time a player has put in to gather a resource should inflict on the amount of time it takes to steal it!

I like this idea a lot. I guess the only downside (for the base owner) would be the modfied HP value giving away which chest has the best stuff, so in addition to your suggestion container HP should maybe be turned invisible.

I like this idea a lot. I guess the only downside (for the base owner) would be the modfied HP value giving away which chest has the best stuff, so in addition to your suggestion container HP should maybe be turned invisible.

Even better and also adding to the excitement for the raider. Not knowing how long it will take to loot. :)

I recently saw a video about what makes a PvP game successful (on base of Fortnite being in high demand by so many players). Basically it goes down into a few points (surprisingly all of them are true):

1. All players feel they are above average (better than most other players)

2. The excitement of starting a new match brings new emotions and can craft a unique experience

3. Finishing in top 10 or as the first player leaves you wanting more with some meaningful prize or sense of progression.

In 7DTD i think the most important factor is lack of cooperation. As some stated this game would be great if cooperation was worked upon better, but i think it needs a few additions (like in some other games where cooperation is fun):

1. The enemies will be harder compared to the number of active players - This would make the experience harder for an individual, forcing players to cooperate more, yet giving more rewards for success. Imagine Diablo series where more players enhance the enemies making them tougher, yet give more loot. - How that translates to 7DTD? I dunno...

2. Each player could receive a specific goal or all would have overall goals - This would allow the players to compete for some made up points, with each quest completed giving them some to finally compare who was best in what manner and give out prizes of sorts.

3. New incentives required - Apart from killing zombies, survival and gathering resources, there need to be more to do in general. If people are bored, they come up with stupid ideas. The game is not based on attacking others (like many mobile games i played and quit after a time), nor it rewards for griefing or PvP, yet for some it is fun as there is no other fun thing to do for them.

Adding to the general discussion of stopping the griefers: Just make some of the player placed blocks indestructible in a claim block area, while many other things really tough. If you have to dig through 10000 hp of a door with each hit taking 1 damage (no matter the tool) it will take time, even for a number of players. This could be toggled as when the player is online it would be a more normal damage, with indication for the player that his base is being attacked.

Archived