Short Questions - Short Answers

Halz

Hey, thanks to all for the answers!

Some more new short questions:

1.) What attracts Zombies?

(I have almost the whole time screamers near my base. I am at Day 21, running my base with 2 forges, 1 camp fire, 1 workbench, a cement mixer and a lot of candles for the light)

2.) Whats better for defence: Wood spikes or Wood log spikes (upgraded)?

Thanks!

1) Forges, Fires, Cement Mixer all add to the "heat map".

Once that number gets high enough a screamer shows up.

If she sees you she'll call for a small horde to show.

You can open blocks.xml and do a search for heatmap and you'll see everything that generates heat.

[Not fire heat but map heat or noise, as it were.]

2) Don't bother with wood log spikes. Better to collect scrap metal and make metal spikes.

One of the best combinations is to place metal spikes upside down and put wooden spikes [not log spikes, the sticks] on top of that.

If a cop explodes and sends all your wood spikes flying, you still have metal spikes underneath to kill zeds.

Also, having metal spikes upside down will prevent the zombies from doing the roller coaster thing while walking over them.

It's hard to hit them in the head when they keep moving up and down.

Right side up or upside down makes no difference. They do the same damage.

Finally, if you really want a good combination:

Three rows of metal spikes upside down.

Two of them with wooden spikes on top and a third with barbed wire fence.

Very cheap to make and works fantastic!

As the weeks go by and hordes increase just put more rows in.

You don't really need electric fences or turrets.

Spikes really will do the job.

Even if upside down metal spikes with wooden spikes on top are the best defence, i would never built it... it doenst seem to be right and looks weird. I dont want to use glitches and/or "unwanted" game mechanics to make my ingame life easier.

Is it possible to see my acutal "heat output" ingame? Like in "Factorio" if somebody knows the game.

And i have another question: Where is the option to show my hunger and thirst level in the hud constantly? (I saw this in some YT Videos)

Hey, thanks for your answers. Can i just install the mod and use it in my existing singleplayer game or do i have to start a new game?

And one question to the game versions. Will be my A16 singleplayer game be playable if A17 is released?

Hey, thanks for your answers. Can i just install the mod and use it in my existing singleplayer game or do i have to start a new game?

And one question to the game versions. Will be my A16 singleplayer game be playable if A17 is released?

Yes, you should be able to install the mod and use it in your existing SP game. But that's if the mod you're talking about just affects the HUD. SMX's bag mod does work as well on existing game but if you're referring to mods that change the core game (like Valmod's or War of the Walkers mod), then those would most likely require a restart.

Its unknown if your A16 SP game can be playable on A17. I would highly doubt it since each update tends to wreck the existing save in some form. Its best that you simply restart when A17 comes out. If you're not willing to, you can just lock down your game to the A16 version in the steam settings instead of letting it automatically update.

Is it possible to see my acutal "heat output" ingame? Like in "Factorio" if somebody knows the game.

Yes you can. But it requires cheatmode to be on. Enable cheatmode, bring down the console using F1 (default key). Type in "-dm" and hit enter. Then just press F8 twice to be able to see your heat percentage generated.

Hello again. Im am a little bit confused, because i just made a machete but i have problems hitting with it. It seems that Zombies have to come closer to hit them. Because of this i think i will prefer the hunting knife over the machete. Is there a kind of bug with the machete?

Archived