!!7 Days to Die Asset Mod!! ....? What do ya think?

Spider

...which is what's being proposed, using the already existing and still necessary sdx launcher.

0 need to add yet another layer...

And if xpath-commands are the commands that are (about to) being used, I am not proposing another layer. I only am for using such commands.

It be pretty complicated but I can see the benefits of it. I could do try and do True Survival like that this time so it could be combined and edited by others mods. Normally I just redo the whole xml files.

I'll be writing new xpath tutorials when A17 drops, and I find out all the supported tags and syntax. Hopefully this will make it clear on what the game will be expecting, and let us avoid directly editing the vanilla XMLs.

How people generate the compatible xpath XML will likely be up to the end-user.

Xpath official for A17

I just spoke with Alloc:

Xpath is native to the 7DTD mod system beginning with A17. I will be adding this the official changes in the dev diary. Perhaps sphereii could start a new thread for discussing xpath and talking about the future since this one (by virtue of the OP) is technically inclusive of other methods and if people want to talk about those other methods they should be allowed to do so. I would be happy to stick the Xpath Thread once it is created.

I just spoke with Alloc:

Xpath is native to the 7DTD mod system beginning with A17. I will be adding this the official changes in the dev diary. Perhaps sphereii could start a new thread for discussing xpath and talking about the future since this one (by virtue of the OP) is technically inclusive of other methods and if people want to talk about those other methods they should be allowed to do so. I would be happy to stick the Xpath Thread once it is created.

Excellent.

Now the only remaining question in my mind is where files with xpath directives can be deployed and if this is really "files" and not "file" ? There still is a need for a naming scheme on filesystem level additional to the xml level.

I just spoke with Alloc:

Holy ♥♥♥♥, if I'm understanding this right then this would increase mod comparability tremendously both between mods and between new updates!

Awesome!

I just spoke with Alloc:

<3

Cheers

Archived