Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=h0tr0d;373421]What is the township=snow error! And it seems despite having all, army camp xmls say it can only generate in the snow the prefabs use plains grass... Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- let it snow, let it...[/QUOTE] I don't know, what is the snow error? I don't use the editor so the first time I find out about bugs is when people post about them. [QUOTE=Laz Man;373447]Awesome, Thanks Hal! As a side note, how does decals work now? I noticed a checkbox for it but couldn't figure it out. Will play around with it more.[/QUOTE] Hey Laz, You should just be able to check the box and choose the meta as before. Not played around with it much but I'll be having a look at the editor later today, I'll do some checking. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=h0tr0d;373421]What is the township=snow error! And it seems despite having all, army camp xmls say it can only generate in the snow the prefabs use plains grass... Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- let it snow, let it...[/QUOTE] U mean in the Vanilla-xml (prefab-own) YES - i saw that too !!! I asked myself too if this a bug - IMO yes !!!

[QUOTE=HAL9000;373500]I don't know, what is the snow error? I don't use the editor so the first time I find out about bugs is when people post about them. [/QUOTE] If you open up an army camp it will warn you about saving it because of that township. They rushed A13.6 in my non-informed opinion; seems a cursory inspection as QC was performed and/or the "bugs" were decided to be overlooked and dealt with later. It's becoming less mod-friendly and the least mod friendly since they allowed us to edit the .xmls. Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- disallowed opinion= "h0tr0d"

[QUOTE=h0tr0d;373839]If you open up an army camp it will warn you about saving it because of that township. They rushed A13.6 in my non-informed opinion; seems a cursory inspection as QC was performed and/or the "bugs" were decided to be overlooked and dealt with later. It's becoming less mod-friendly and the least mod friendly since they allowed us to edit the .xmls. Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- disallowed opinion= "h0tr0d"[/QUOTE] Ah ok, sounds like they've added a new township type. I'll add it into the editor for the next release. Thanks for another heads-up h0tr0d. [QUOTE=Laz Man;373878]Also noticed, that the copy air blocks feature doesnt apply to several air blocks above trees. Not sure if this is an editor or a world bug. Will post screenshot later. Cheers![/QUOTE] Yeah a screenshot would be great thanks Laz. Could be they've changed the multi-block code on trees. I'll have a play around. Cheers, Hal

Hi and again thank you very much HAL for the fast updates and the converter! About the converter: I had hoped it would transfer A12 prefab decals into A13 prefab decals, but it doesn't. I've tried with different saves of the prefab and checked with an old A12 installation if everything is in order before converting, still decals don't show up after the conversion. I've noticed there are some changes like a lot more damage values in A13, so my question is if I should just get on with it and start placing decals by hand again, or do you intend to maybe adjust the converter to change decals into A13 "code" also (if that's even possible)? I just want to know because I can wait if you intend to take a look, it's a loooooot of decals I'm looking at and took a lot of time to get them right, but I am also eager to work on my project again and atm it's on hold because of the loss of decals in A13.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;373889]Ah ok, sounds like they've added a new township type. I'll add it into the editor for the next release. Thanks for another heads-up h0tr0d. Yeah a screenshot would be great thanks Laz. Could be they've changed the multi-block code on trees. I'll have a play around. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Here you go Hal, Thanks! [url]http://imgur.com/9vgHRQ7[/url]

Hi Hal about this line: in this prefab: "army_camp_03" Pls be careful to simply add it !!! - Pls check the code before if this is really true !!! IMO ITS A GAMEBUG !!! (its fact that the vanilla-prefabs xml's aren't cherished well and/or checked before release(s) !!!) I dont think TFP added a new township: "snow" - this wouldn't make much sense !!! (and this value: "snow" only appears in this single prefab (that they have overdone and renamed for A13 !!! u remember??? ) ) Mag

Update Time! Fixed: Undo button Fixed: Decals not saving correctly Manual update to get the latest changes. [QUOTE=Krash;373932]Hi and again thank you very much HAL for the fast updates and the converter! About the converter: I had hoped it would transfer A12 prefab decals into A13 prefab decals, but it doesn't. I've tried with different saves of the prefab and checked with an old A12 installation if everything is in order before converting, still decals don't show up after the conversion. I've noticed there are some changes like a lot more damage values in A13, so my question is if I should just get on with it and start placing decals by hand again, or do you intend to maybe adjust the converter to change decals into A13 "code" also (if that's even possible)? I just want to know because I can wait if you intend to take a look, it's a loooooot of decals I'm looking at and took a lot of time to get them right, but I am also eager to work on my project again and atm it's on hold because of the loss of decals in A13.[/QUOTE] Yeah it shouldn't be a big job to get the decals converted across. I'm just clarifying something with h0tr0d but I'll update the prefab converter in the next couple of days. [QUOTE=Laz Man;373949]Here you go Hal, Thanks! [url]http://imgur.com/9vgHRQ7[/url][/QUOTE] Thanks Laz. Hard to see what the problem is though, is that tree on the left inside another? I've tried spawning prefabs in with trees but they seem to work fine. Can you send me an example prefab I can test? [QUOTE=Magoli;374091]Hi Hal about this line: in this prefab: "army_camp_03" Pls be careful to simply add it !!! - Pls check the code before if this is really true !!! IMO ITS A GAMEBUG !!! (its fact that the vanilla-prefabs xml's aren't cherished well and/or checked before release(s) !!!) I dont think TFP added a new township: "snow" - this wouldn't make much sense !!! (and this value: "snow" only appears in this single prefab (that they have overdone and renamed for A13 !!! u remember??? ) ) Mag[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=h0tr0d;374096]I agree about not adding it... [/QUOTE] Yep I checked the code and there's no mention of a snow township so it's not going in the editor. Cheers, Hal

I Played a bit with the Prefab Editor and found a BUG. Once I Press the "3D" Button I get an error. I belive a SharpDX.Toolkit.Game.DLL file is missing or something. The other things are working fine :D. German Log File: [CODE]Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung. ************** Ausnahmetext ************** System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly "SharpDX.Toolkit.Game, Version=2.6.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1" oder eine Abhنngigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden. Dateiname: "SharpDX.Toolkit.Game, Version=2.6.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1" bei SDTDEditor.frmMenu.btn3D_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) WRN: Protokollierung der Assemblybindung ist AUS. Sie kِnnen die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler aktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) auf 1 festlegen. Hinweis: Die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler führt zu einer gewissen Leistungseinbuكe. Sie kِnnen dieses Feature deaktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] entfernen. ************** Geladene Assemblys ************** mscorlib Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.6.1063.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///F:/Eigene%20Dokumente/USERNAME/Downloads/7DTD_Editor/SDTDEditor.EXE. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll. ---------------------------------------- System Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll. ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 0.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///F:/Eigene%20Dokumente/USERNAME/Downloads/7DTD_Editor/Assembly-CSharp.DLL. ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 0.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///F:/Eigene%20Dokumente/USERNAME/Downloads/7DTD_Editor/UnityEngine.DLL. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms.resources Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 14.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Web.Services Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.GeneratedCode Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll. ---------------------------------------- mscorlib.resources Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT-Debuggen ************** Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers (machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden. Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden. Zum Beispiel: Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt. [/CODE] I also found something cool of the PIMPS : Press K If your in DebugMode. [attachment=562:name] Maybe they add the Create World Feature soon? Thats dreaming but who know...

[QUOTE=HAL9000;374491]Update Time! Fixed: Undo button Fixed: Decals not saving correctly Manual update to get the latest changes. Yeah it shouldn't be a big job to get the decals converted across. I'm just clarifying something with h0tr0d but I'll update the prefab converter in the next couple of days. Thanks Laz. Hard to see what the problem is though, is that tree on the left inside another? I've tried spawning prefabs in with trees but they seem to work fine. Can you send me an example prefab I can test? Yep I checked the code and there's no mention of a snow township so it's not going in the editor. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Basically, what i think is happening is if the prefab is spawned in a mountain, some terrain blocks are not being filled by air. I would assume this can be replicated by spawning a prefab that has trees below ground. Will try it out later today. P.s. thanks for fixing decals. You are the awesome! :)

[QUOTE=LastEducation;374931]I Played a bit with the Prefab Editor and found a BUG. Once I Press the "3D" Button I get an error. I belive a SharpDX.Toolkit.Game.DLL file is missing or something. The other things are working fine :D. I also found something cool of the PIMPS : Press K If your in DebugMode. [ATTACH=CONFIG]12680[/ATTACH] Maybe they add the Create World Feature soon? Thats dreaming but who know...[/QUOTE] Ahh, you shouldn't be seeing that button. It was something I used while making the World Viewer. I've hidden it in the next release, thanks! Yeah the k option has been around for a while. I think the tool Kinjayuu is working on will be the start of the world creation stuff. Should be fun ^^ [QUOTE=Laz Man;374973]Basically, what i think is happening is if the prefab is spawned in a mountain, some terrain blocks are not being filled by air. I would assume this can be replicated by spawning a prefab that has trees below ground. Will try it out later today. P.s. thanks for fixing decals. You are the awesome! :)[/QUOTE] Yeah I tried spawning a prefab with trees in underground and it seemed to work. If you find any steps to recreate I'll have a look. Cheers, Hal

I'm linking this here as I know HAL you are more active in this thread. It is related to a crash I am seeing in game after modifying the lights in some prefabs - this happens both in your editor and my post-processor. [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?36902-Crash-to-Desktop-when-modifying-certain-prefabs[/url]

Got a problem. Exporting a prefab from Alpha 13.6 Map, then importing it into a new map... the density is all messed up making a bunch of blocks invisible and there is no way to mass update the block density as that option is grayed out in your editor. any suggestions?

[QUOTE=tierdal;379121]Got a problem. Exporting a prefab from Alpha 13.6 Map, then importing it into a new map... the density is all messed up making a bunch of blocks invisible and there is no way to mass update the block density as that option is grayed out in your editor. any suggestions?[/QUOTE] How are you exporting and inserting the prefab? Just had a look at the code and it all seems fine. Yeah there's no way to update the density en-mass yet as I've still to figure out how to work out the default for each individual block. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;379481]How are you exporting and inserting the prefab? Just had a look at the code and it all seems fine. Yeah there's no way to update the density en-mass yet as I've still to figure out how to work out the default for each individual block. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] I think Slaan was having this problem with the prefabs terrain all being skewed from where it was supposed to be but the non terrain blocks were fine. He might also have a duplicatable example of this issue.

[QUOTE=StompyNZ;379548]I think Slaan was having this problem with the prefabs terrain all being skewed from where it was supposed to be but the non terrain blocks were fine. He might also have a duplicatable example of this issue.[/QUOTE] Apparently, exporting a claim to file doesn't properly save the density values of blocks correctly. Because of this, I normally save the configuration of block density values until after I am completely done using the export command.

I think I've narrowed down my problem to importing things I've exported from 13.6 or onwards. I'm still clutching straws tbh, I was telling stompy I was importing prefabs and extracting my city prefabs for my project as usual, it was one particular area once edited and exported, on reload (mixer) the seamless blocks were exactly 6 blocks west. It's hard to explain, I can give you the means to re-produce this specific issue, im not sure if the output log is useful, but is also available. I tested my hub over 30ish seeds, the only obvious difference between the area Im having trouble with and the previous area I was editing is possibly more or less empty air layers above the ground level, I'm wondering if exporting those wierd little voxel glitches you see floating around when its dropped a hub inside a hill or other terrain is causing it to corrupt or bug out? I'm just guessing now >.< it has me stumped. Im about to extract a different area so I'll let you know how that goes, I was quite careful to try and remove any little glitches i spotted with frames .

[QUOTE=Laz Man;379603]Apparently, exporting a claim to file doesn't properly save the density values of blocks correctly. Because of this, I normally save the configuration of block density values until after I am completely done using the export command.[/QUOTE] Hey Laz, ahh yes, this. When I originally looked at the density stuff I exported the areas and re-imported but the slopes were slightly different. I never had completely missing/invalid densities but the gradient of the slope was definitely different. I triple checked the code and from what I can tell I'm exporting the value of the density on the right chunk at the right position but if you use the dm command and bring up the debug hud the values for the position in game don't match what's exported. [QUOTE=Slaan;379622]I think I've narrowed down my problem to importing things I've exported from 13.6 or onwards. I'm still clutching straws tbh, I was telling stompy I was importing prefabs and extracting my city prefabs for my project as usual, it was one particular area once edited and exported, on reload (mixer) the seamless blocks were exactly 6 blocks west. It's hard to explain, I can give you the means to re-produce this specific issue, im not sure if the output log is useful, but is also available. I tested my hub over 30ish seeds, the only obvious difference between the area Im having trouble with and the previous area I was editing is possibly more or less empty air layers above the ground level, I'm wondering if exporting those wierd little voxel glitches you see floating around when its dropped a hub inside a hill or other terrain is causing it to corrupt or bug out? I'm just guessing now >.< it has me stumped. Im about to extract a different area so I'll let you know how that goes, I was quite careful to try and remove any little glitches i spotted with frames .[/QUOTE] Yeah definitely Slaan, the more ways I have of re-producing the problem the more things I can try/discount to find the solution. Reproducable steps are the ideal, especially when supplemented with extra files. Exports, region files, anything like that can I can run tests against them. Cheers, Hal

well i still dont understand how i was able to edit and add so much stuff to other parts and literally past few days have nothing but trouble, but then again, I wont lie, I clip out so much terrain with roads and prefabs I'm amazed it's taken this long to hit a serious bump haha. I'll zip up a folder now and add a read-me for you outlining the steps, in basic form, loading a custom hub to see the area pre-bug then changing a prefab file name and re-loading the hub.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;379481]How are you exporting and inserting the prefab? Just had a look at the code and it all seems fine. Yeah there's no way to update the density en-mass yet as I've still to figure out how to work out the default for each individual block. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] exporting using the ingame commands, bbb claim and bbb ex, inserting using bbb ip the weird thing is that the density for most blocks ends up being 127 or -128, and its random. like i had a little asphalt path and 2/3 of it pasted fine but 1/3 of it pasted invisible. what i ended up doing is just re-drawing over the layers with the same material set to 0 density, one by one. edit: as for mass update density, I like how you have the reset block damage and meta to 0, perhaps you could do something like that with density?

Archived