Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

The game still hangs on loading when running with the modded files. On a side note, the list blocks feature seems much better, opens straight away, are the ID's listed next to the null blocks entries from the A12 xml? just trying to work out what some of the last few lingering about are as I believe I missed a couple entries when I mass purged my prefabs folder. *edit* scratch that im in, will test the commands and such now

[QUOTE=Slaan;368263]The game still hangs on loading when running with the modded files. On a side note, the list blocks feature seems much better, opens straight away, are the ID's listed next to the null blocks entries from the A12 xml? just trying to work out what some of the last few lingering about are as I believe I missed a couple entries when I mass purged my prefabs folder. *edit* scratch that im in, will test the commands and such now[/QUOTE] It got stuck my first time too.. then I redid the manual updated and it's working fine. ty hal!!

[QUOTE=Slaan;368263]The game still hangs on loading when running with the modded files. On a side note, the list blocks feature seems much better, opens straight away, are the ID's listed next to the null blocks entries from the A12 xml? just trying to work out what some of the last few lingering about are as I believe I missed a couple entries when I mass purged my prefabs folder. *edit* scratch that im in, will test the commands and such now[/QUOTE] Null blocks are just IDs in the prefab that aren't in the block XML. When the prefab loads it asks the editor for each block. If it's there then great, if not it creates a temporary block (just in the editor) so you can interact with it. @all Mag has just pointed out a problem when saving the XML. Do a manual update for the fix. Cheers, Hal

It seems the editor has a problem when you use special characters in your installation path. I can't get it to work, because it always opens up the popup that wants me to enter the installation path. The folder name is "-=Games=-" without the quotes and everything after "-" is cut off ... Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling everything in a different folder?

[QUOTE=stallionsden;368672]Sweet work Hal. Now I can prefab :-D. All i need now for xmas is one more sweet tool and it be the best xmas EVER, A13, This editor and on more :-D. just on more lol :-D. Just so I am on the right version is it 0.46 i have updated normally and manually.[/QUOTE] Mag is testing it now ^^ [QUOTE=Berytak;370368]It seems the editor has a problem when you use special characters in your installation path. I can't get it to work, because it always opens up the popup that wants me to enter the installation path. The folder name is "-=Games=-" without the quotes and everything after "-" is cut off ... Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling everything in a different folder?[/QUOTE] It's the equals sign, I use that in the settings file as a deliminator. I keep meaning to convert the settings stuff to a JSON object but never seem to get round to it. Without renaming the folder you won't be able to access it. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;370478]It's the equals sign, I use that in the settings file as a deliminator. I keep meaning to convert the settings stuff to a JSON object but never seem to get round to it. Without renaming the folder you won't be able to access it. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Thanks mate for your quick answer! :)

[QUOTE=Berytak;371013]I've migrated my dedicated server to another location and now it works ... partially ... is there any chance for an update to A13.5 soon?[/QUOTE] Yeah there's going to be a 13.5 update. The prefab converter is going through final testing. Once that's out I am planning a 13.5 version of the editor/DLL. If I can get it working right there may also be a Christmas bonus in the DLL too. Cheers, Hal

Hi, I'm having this problem: When I place zombies in a prefab, and save it, and later open that file, I get an error, here are the details: [spoiler]************** Exception Text ************** System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at SDTDEditor.EntityDescription.CreateEntity(String EntityName, String EntityID, Vector3 EntityPosition, PrefabEntityType EntityType) at SDTDEditor.EntityDescription..ctor(String EntityID, String EntityName, Vector3 EntityPosition, PrefabEntityType EntityType) at SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.LoadPrefab(String path, Boolean DiscAccess) at SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.LoadRecent(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/asdf/Downloads/7DTD_Editor/SDTDEditor.EXE ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/asdf/Downloads/7DTD_Editor/Assembly-CSharp.DLL ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/asdf/Downloads/7DTD_Editor/UnityEngine.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 12.0.51209.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Web.Services Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.GeneratedCode Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- LogLibrary Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/asdf/Downloads/7DTD_Editor/LogLibrary.DLL ---------------------------------------- Accessibility Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll ----------------------------------------[/spoiler]When I click "Continue" the prefab is loaded, but all placed zombies have been removed. When I save that prefab (with the removed zombies) and later load it, the error is gone. When I place new zombies, just the regular way, and even just one, and later load the prefab, the error comes back and the zombies are being removed again. Loading the prefab in 7DTD works, it's there, including the zombies. (PS: I'd still be overjoyed if you could make it so that custom zombies are available for placement, you know, reading the corresponding .xml files.)

[QUOTE=Kubikus;371247]Hi, I'm having this problem: When I place zombies in a prefab, and save it, and later open that file, I get an error, here are the details: Loading the prefab in 7DTD works, it's there, including the zombies. (PS: I'd still be overjoyed if you could make it so that custom zombies are available for placement, you know, reading the corresponding .xml files.)[/QUOTE] Thanks Kubikus, fixed in the next version (out soon). I had a look at reading the entity XML files but there's a problem. The entity ID is generated from the hash code of the name. The problem is the algorithm used to generate the hash is different in Microsoft's .NET and Unity's Mono. There's a couple of workarounds I can try out but it'll be further down the road. Cheers, Hal

Update time! Added: A13.5 support Added Mod: Tamed Chicken Updated: Editor Bug fixes If you're bored as a Christmas bonus you can have a look at the [URL="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?36395-Chicken-Coup-(Coup-Sold-Separately)&p=371363#post371363"]chicken mod[/URL] that's in the works. Have fun, Merry Christmas Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;371194]@all If you need it: [URL="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?36378-Prefab-Converter-A12-gt-A13&p=371192#post371192"]A12 -> A13 Prefab Converter[/URL] Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] hell yes, in them for Cmas! Cheers! [QUOTE=HAL9000;371365]Update time! Added: A13.5 support Added Mod: Tamed Chicken Updated: Editor Bug fixes If you're bored as a Christmas bonus you can have a look at the [URL="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?36395-Chicken-Coup-(Coup-Sold-Separately)&p=371363#post371363"]chicken mod[/URL] that's in the works. Have fun, Merry Christmas Hal[/QUOTE] I would; alas...I'm chicken! Now let's hope Santa doesn't lock us out of the air hatch Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- you should leave now

[QUOTE=Berytak;371495]wow ... that was fast for A13.5! Any idea why I can't see a red box in the map editor when I want to place a prefab? The rest works awesomely smooth ...[/QUOTE] I haven't looked at the world editor since the A13 update, that's on my list for next week

Archived